Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

OT: When will EP4-EP6 be released on DVD?

Page: 1 of 1
 StuBeck
05-17-2002, 9:39 AM
It seems sort of wierd that the middle trilogy has not been released on DVD, will it maybe happen after EP3, so they can concentrate on improving it some more (some ESB scenes need to be worked on.)
-Stuart Becktell
 thelegalbeagle
05-17-2002, 9:46 AM
I've definitely seen a report that saying that nothing will be done until after Episode III.

John Williams is apparently re-scoring part of Episode IV to include the Imperial March, and I understand that Jimmy Smits, amongst others, will have some additional scenes put into Episode IV.

Looking forward to seeing I-VI in one sitting in 2005!
 Zindell
05-17-2002, 10:54 AM
yeah but if you wanna be realistic think 2006 maybe.
 LooNBB
05-17-2002, 1:26 PM
So Fricking IDIOTIC... I bet george 1st wants to go F*** up the original trilogy again before if presents it...

Why is george such an Idiot? All he is doing is creating a Huge pirate need. Waiting for the DVDs just shows his COMPLETE lack of Business sense. Idiot!

His Overprotective additude towards the Star Wars property will be the death of it... it is going from Cherished to ridiculed due to HIS manipulation.

Someone PLEASE take it away from him!!!
 Andark
05-17-2002, 1:45 PM
I think he should release a dual format DVD, with both the old and new versions of IV through VI on them (letterboxed of course). This would solve the problem with the people who liked the originals better (me included).

IMHO ESB is just fine the way it is.
 Zindell
05-17-2002, 3:23 PM
Just do it like they did for the terminator DVD. just a quick menu selection gets you the extra scenes or not.

What specifically didn't you like the extra scenes or the digital enhancements. I liked some inprovements and disliked others. The additions for ANH could stay out especially that scene with Jabba, In EST I liked the enhancements to the cloud city by adding windows and such that wasn't so bad and in ROTJ the ending sequence with all the cities cheering was neat with a little bit of changed music.
 dorain8
05-17-2002, 6:37 PM
george lucas
even since the time he released the remastered thx versions of 4-7

said

IN 2005
YOU WILL BE ABLE TO WITNESS ALL 6 EPISODES ON DVD

HIS REASON

1. FOR ALL THOSE LITTLE KIDS THAT HAVENT SEEN THE REST OF THE MOVIES YET, SO THEY CAN WATCH ALL 6 IN A ROW
COME ON ALL OF US WHO HAVE ALREADY SEEN THE ORIGINAL 3 KNOW WHAT IS GOING TO EVENTUALLY HAPPEN

AND BUSINESS SENSE
- HEY CRACKBABY HOW MUCH YOU CASHING IN A YEAR
LUCAS COULD LIVE OFF A 1000 LIFETIMES JUST WITH HIS IDLM BUSINESS

AND RIDICULED
- OTHER THAN A FEW IDIOTS WHO DIDNT UNDERSTAND THAT EPISODE 1 WAS SUPPOSED TO SHOW THE TRANSFER FROM HAPPINESS TO DEPRESSION ARE RIDICULING THE MOVIE

ONLY ABOUT 1 OUT OF EVERY 100 PEOPLE THINK HE IS DOING A BAD JOB
 JollyRoger
05-17-2002, 9:00 PM
i smell a 6dvd pack with a big price tag on it
lol:D
 Yaten
05-17-2002, 9:08 PM
Originally posted by JollyRoger
i smell a 6dvd pack with a big price tag on it
lol:D

Heh yeah... but what Star Wars fan won't buy it?

I surely will. That will mean I'll own episodes I, II, and III seperately, plus a 6 DVD box set of I throught VI... but does that bother me? nope!
Page: 1 of 1