Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Mace's Swordsmanship

Page: 1 of 1
 Cracken
05-17-2002, 1:03 AM
Anyone else think that Mace Windu's battle scenes were kind of lacking? I mean, he should have at least had a brief go at Dooku! As it was, he basically knocked off Jango's head with Zero effort, and battled away blaster bolts with ease. Give the man a challenge!
 Verbatim
05-17-2002, 1:35 AM
His challange will eather be Ani or the Soon-to-be-Emper.
 Su-Ron Baal
05-17-2002, 1:52 AM
Yah I hope to see Mace take on Annakin or the Emperor himself in the next one.

I just hope we see some of the fabled bit where Vader helped "hunt down and destroy the jedi knights" will make for some cool scenes
 YODA_ROCKS!!!
05-17-2002, 2:11 AM
good point Mace vs Anakin. Maybe the reason for Vaders Suit, either that or Anakin trys taking on yoda and gets ****ed up to the point where he needs the suit to live....
 Screed
05-17-2002, 2:14 AM
YOu would know that Vader wears his suit b/c of a near fatal battle with Obi Wan, prob in the next movie, but Anakin falls into a lava pit of somesort almost killing him and thus making him mostly machine.
 CoreyGH
05-17-2002, 6:16 AM
could we watch the episode 3 spoilers please?
 Hoowl
05-17-2002, 6:21 AM
I read that mace windus fighting style in this film was supposted to be efficient, to defeat his foes with minimum effort. Anyway, I thought the way he managed to deflect all the laser blasts while falling to the ground after Jango had flamed him was quite impressive.
 GamerStryfe
05-17-2002, 7:07 AM
Yeah, I think the whole thing with Mace is that he doesn't have dance around and dodge and swing like a damn fool. He's got that Jedi "future-sight" reaction nailed pretty good, so he's already on the way to blocking the shot well before it gets near him. I don't really think he was all that worried about looking unimpressive...if he was he'd probably pick a different lightsaber color. I would.
 Monarky2000
05-17-2002, 8:28 AM
I heard that the reason vader gets his blackes (suit) is because anikan and obi won get in a huge fight and obi won messes him up and leaves him to die and the palpitien comes along and takes him away anyway thats just what i heard i dont remember from though.
 Natopo
05-17-2002, 8:42 AM
Actually, I have the story memorized. Here it is:

Obi-Wan makes one last attempt to keep Anakin away from the dark side. Anakin and Obi-Wan fight, and Anakin falls in a lava pit. Palpatine takes advantage of the situation and says to Ani that if he joins him, he'll keep him alive by giving him a suit. Anakin accepts. And there you have it.

Jango Fett was not killed. It was one of his many clones.
 duder
05-17-2002, 8:54 AM
For EP III I predict we will see the following fights;

Mace Windu vs Palpatine (Palpatine discovered as Sidious, confronted by Mace)

Anakin vs Obi Wan

Anakin vs Dooku (reminiscent of the Emporer trying to get Luke to kill Vader)

P.S Jango was killed by Mace Windu.
Page: 1 of 1