Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Qui-Gon Jin connections

Page: 1 of 1
 8saw3
05-17-2002, 12:43 AM
I have a curious thought in terms of the apprenticeships.

Count Dooku (or Darth Tyrannus) was Yoda's Padawan, and Qui-Gon was said to be Dooku's. Clearly some of Dooku's rebellious nature was reflected onto Qui-Gon, as in Ep. I there was sufficient talk of Qui-Gon moving against Jedi Council motions.

I can't remember if Dooku said much about Qui-Gon, but I must wonder if Qui-Gon's placement in the whole fiasco was not some form of a setup by our friend the puppetmaster Palpatine.

I also have a couple Episode III predictions:

#1. Anakin kills Dooku as revenge for the hand, and to take the Emperor's side per Luke vs. Vader in ROTJ.

#2. Boba does in Mace Windu if at all possible. (I certainly would if he chopped off my dad's head) Boba will of course still be a kid, unless he outfits himself with some Kamino quick growing. I know Sam Jackson wants to die in a grand battle with Skywalker... I wonder if he'll get his way.
 Master Qui-Gon
05-31-2002, 6:55 PM
It's possible, but I doubt it. He followed the force instead of the council-- that's what made him rebellious, but he was very commited to the light side, and more concerned with helping life forms in need than he fellow jedi. And I seriously doubt he was anyone's puppet. Too focused on the living force for that, methinks.
 Vestril
05-31-2002, 8:14 PM
Ahhhh, but you're Qui-Gon, and you're a Sith!! The conspiracy is revealed!!!
 BlackDove
05-31-2002, 8:52 PM
Originally posted by 8saw3
I have a curious thought in terms of the apprenticeships.

Count Dooku (or Darth Tyrannus) was Yoda's Padawan, and Qui-Gon was said to be Dooku's. Clearly some of Dooku's rebellious nature was reflected onto Qui-Gon, as in Ep. I there was sufficient talk of Qui-Gon moving against Jedi Council motions.

I can't remember if Dooku said much about Qui-Gon, but I must wonder if Qui-Gon's placement in the whole fiasco was not some form of a setup by our friend the puppetmaster Palpatine.

I also have a couple Episode III predictions:

#1. Anakin kills Dooku as revenge for the hand, and to take the Emperor's side per Luke vs. Vader in ROTJ.

#2. Boba does in Mace Windu if at all possible. (I certainly would if he chopped off my dad's head) Boba will of course still be a kid, unless he outfits himself with some Kamino quick growing. I know Sam Jackson wants to die in a grand battle with Skywalker... I wonder if he'll get his way.

Yes you're right, Dooku passed over to Qui-Gon the rebellious nature, however since Qui-Gon was so good and well he didn't know the real truth (that Sidious is puppeting everything). That is why Dooku says "I wish Qui-Gon was alive, I could use his help right now". If Qui were alive, Dooku would get his apprentace to defeat the Emperor (that's why he tried with Obi-Wan, but Kenobi didn't even wanna hear it).

#1 DO'H

#2 "I wan't them alive. REMEMBER, NO DISENTIGRATIONS!"
Page: 1 of 1