Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Dooku's lightsaber

Page: 1 of 1
 Icebreaker
05-17-2002, 12:25 AM
What's with his saber? It's like that old gun they used in colonial days.
 alph
05-17-2002, 12:26 AM
Squall's Gunblade from Final Fantasy VIII
 Cracken
05-17-2002, 12:50 AM
It's like an old-style fencing foil. Also, did you notice that for the most part he dueled with one hand? Pretty impressive, until Yoda came in and blew him outta the water!
 Dr_Smack
05-17-2002, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by Cracken
It's like an old-style fencing foil.

If you noticed, when he began his battle with Yoda, he saluted like one does in fencing. Interesting...
 Zindell
05-17-2002, 1:01 AM
yeah i noticed that too
 TrUeFoRcE
05-17-2002, 2:17 AM
it is a bit similar to fencong...but the bent shape makes it easier on the wrists for foward attacks...if u notice his slicing and indirect attacks were broad but his direct attacks were very fast and very easily done....this is mostly because he is strong but the lightsaber does make it a little easier...
 Swoosh
05-17-2002, 4:28 AM
Yeah, it seems like if he got hit with a left or right attack, the lightsaber would try to spin around towards his head....seems like blocking with it (or hitting for that matter) would actually be harder on the wrists....just my opinion though.

Swoosh
 Wraith 8
05-17-2002, 4:40 AM
well i thought it looked cool. it was very good and cool man. he is realy good with that saber. but so is YODA :D
 Perniciosus
05-17-2002, 6:31 AM
I'm reading through a lot of posts and I see that a lot of these questions surround small issues that were covered quite throughly in the book... which makes me quite happy that I read it prior to seeing the movie.

Anyway, in the book, during Obi-Wan's visit to the Jedi Archives to locate Kamino, he speaks at length with Jocasta Nu regarding Count Dooku. Unfortunately, this was completely lost in the movie. She explains that there are two types of saber fighters - classic fencers and modern sword style, but the former is all but dead because it does little to block current day conventional weaponry. Dooku, however, preferred the classic style and stubbornly held on to it, hence the shape of his lightsaber hilt.
 Cracken
05-17-2002, 10:03 AM
Does the book also go more in-depth into the mystique of the Lost Twenty?
 JoelStoklosa
05-17-2002, 11:09 AM
:evanpiel: Acording to Star Wars insider alot of the deleted scenes will be on the DVD.
 Spaff
05-17-2002, 11:43 AM
It's little things like that, that were cUT FFS
that would have made me enjoy this film a great deal more.

now i know that, im a bit happier with some stuff
 Perniciosus
05-17-2002, 4:05 PM
Originally posted by Cracken
Does the book also go more in-depth into the mystique of the Lost Twenty?

Not really.. it does talk about it more, but doesn't go very indepth with it.. It explains a little better what exactly the Lost Twenty is, but not who the other 19 were or why any of them but Dooku left.
Page: 1 of 1