Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Count Dooku and Jango Fett

Page: 1 of 1
 StealthFox
05-16-2002, 11:06 PM
Just saw the movie this afternoon and I have to say it was amazing. But what I really want to know is: what kind of lightsaber does Dooku have and when can I get that skin?! It's soooo awesome!

My other thought of the moment is: Why is Jango Fett Austrailian? If you listen to his voice, you'll know what I mean. And why did they have to reveal his face! Didn't they realize that since Boba (back to him in a second) is a clone of him and will therefore have the same face when he gets older? Honestly George! And then the women, don't remember her name, calls the kid "bob-a" when they enter. Isn't it pronounced "bo-ba"?

But as for my take on the movie, it was very well done. The acting between Padme and Anakin could've been better, but when their not loving each other they do a much better job. And everyone else does a great job as well.

My favorite bits:
1. The foreshadowing (Obi-wan saying Anakin is going to kill him someday, the Death Star, Star Destroyers, etc.)
2. R2-D2. Now he has jets! He just keeps getting better.
3. The final scenes. The clone fight and arena battle were great, but the saber fights between Anakin/Obi-Wan and Dooku are spectacular!
4. Yoda! I don't care what anyone says, but when Yoda comes in, counters Dooku's every move, and strikes a kung-fu pose, you know this guy is the man. Not to mention his saber skills. Personally, the CGI move wasn't that bad. Could you imagine Lucas trying to film a puppet flying around swinging a lightsaber like that?

I can see this is getting long, so I'll stop. I'm just so blown away.

One last thing though. Those "space depth charges" with the delayed explosion were a great effect.

Go see this movie! Again and again and again!
 CoRDS
05-16-2002, 11:14 PM
actually he is a New Zealander, not australian (very different accent to an australian one)
 Artic Blade
05-16-2002, 11:19 PM
well, as far as showing the face, Jango would have been little more than a pre-cursor to Boba, instead of a character. and lay off the guy just cuz of his accent! i happen to think that it added a nice touch to the movie and made the star wars universe more... universal. (obi-wan has a slight british accent in ep1, you aren't complaining about that.)

for the mis-saying of Boba's name, give the poor woman a break. her neck is three feet long for crying out loud!

but i totally agree about yoda. the shear speed was astounding and the kung fu pose topped of the total power of the little guy.
 Darth Iroel
05-16-2002, 11:28 PM
I think that even in this episode Obi wan sounded a bit british...
 StealthFox
05-16-2002, 11:45 PM
(obi-wan has a slight british accent in ep1, you aren't complaining about that.)

Yes he difenitely did, and that doesn't bother me as much. The accent was fine, but I guess I overreacted. And as for the women, it was again just an overeaction. The neck thing is pretty funny though.

I apologize.
 Mr Tim
05-16-2002, 11:51 PM
Why did they have to give Padme a southern-USA accent - it's such a distraction. And the use of American accents in films these days is just so overdone... ;)

Just kidding - but I thought it was nice to hear a variation in accents. In some of the early scenes with Obi Wan I thought "He looks and sounds jsut like Alec Guinness!" - which was fantastic.

As for Yoda - the fight scene was fantastic - but the cgi was a bit disappointing in other parts. The first couple of times you saw him I was just thinking - it's a 2D Yoda, and it just didn't quite measure up to what I remember from the 'real' SW films.

Overall though - WOOHOO! Can't wait for Ep3.
 Cope
05-17-2002, 10:49 AM
Isnt Ewan Mcgregor Irish? I thought he was, after watching the making of Episode I. He was getting his haircut and he was talking bout how thick irish hair was and he mentioned a Highlander. LOL call me a freak ;x

also Ewan MCgregor is the nephew or cousin (i forget) of Wedge from the original trilogy.
 dorain8
05-17-2002, 4:28 PM
HE IS SCOTISH DAMNIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOT ENGLISH
NOT IRISH
NOT AFRICAN .... HEY WAIT?
 dorain8
05-17-2002, 4:30 PM
IN THE EP1 DOCUMENTARY WHICH I AM WATCHING AS I TYPE THIS HE SAYS HE HAS THICK SCOTISH HAIR
 Darth Iroel
05-17-2002, 4:53 PM
Higlanders, are people living in the higlands in scotland....
 3toedtreesloth
05-21-2002, 6:02 AM
NO NO NO NO NO.

Jango is not australian.
New Zealander.
I resent Jango being called australian.
 3toedtreesloth
05-21-2002, 6:06 AM
Oh, by the way, one aussie in this film is owen lars.
He has more of an australian accent than jango and boba.
and more by the way, i think australian accents are so far overdone in movies that it isnt funny
 thelegalbeagle
05-21-2002, 8:37 AM
Boys and girls...

'Scottish' is spelt with 2 't's.

I don't know where the 'higlands' are, but there are Scottish Highlands, residents of which may be referred to as highlanders.

Ewan McGregor is, I can confirm, Scottish.
 Blenny
05-21-2002, 12:59 PM
McGregor is indeed Scottish, but he's effecting an English accent for the movie (obviously) since he's trying to sound like Alec Guinness. And he does it rather well. And yes, he's the nephew of Denis Lawson, the one and only Wedge Antilles.

Australian accents (when, mainly, American programs are trying to make clear it is an Australian character) generally are totally overdone and sound ridiculous to anyone who actaully lives here. That said, the WORST accent in Ep II had to be Australian Jack Thompson's (I think he was going for American but it's very hard to tell) accent, as Cliegg Lars. Terrible.

As for Boba needing to have the same face as Jango, what's the problem? They just use Temuera Morrison again for Ep III if Boba's in it, and you never saw his face in the original trilogy anyway. The lack of accent can either be put down to his voice filter, or he trained himself to lose the accent and develop the toneless voice of ESB to mask any traces of his origins.
 thelegalbeagle
05-21-2002, 1:02 PM
Jack Thompson??!! Did he not form the Australian attack with Denis Lillee in the 70s?
 Blenny
05-21-2002, 1:06 PM
*Stares blankly*

I have no idea what you're talking about. :)

But basically if he wanted to play with his fake accents he should have stuck to his Bank of Melbourne ads....
 thelegalbeagle
05-21-2002, 1:22 PM
Ah no, it was Jeff Thompson.
 Caliban
05-22-2002, 8:45 AM
Zam Wessel was played by an Aussie and her accent wasn't overdone
 Sub_Woofer
05-22-2002, 9:48 AM
Now c'mon, you have to admit that the bloke who did Owen did a great job... not only did he look like a younger Owen from episode 4, he also sounded like him too... Also, McGregor is british/irish/whocares and he did a great job of sounding like McGuiness too!

And as for the New Zealanders in Jango and Boba..... well..... the word "Mandalorian" sounds like it would fit those blokes description do you not?

(forgive me, I know little too nothing about Boba and Jango)
Page: 1 of 1