Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

ep2 picture quality

Page: 1 of 1
 CoRDS
05-16-2002, 10:23 PM
people that saw ep2 the way it was indented (digitally projected) probably didnt notice. but during some scenes i noticed a high level of background pixelation and noise (no not blurrng) actuall pixelation. i found this to be VERY distracting and well poor.

if you didnt notice it then dont worry (and dont flame) but if you did then i wonder if anyone else was bothered by it.
 JediDante
05-16-2002, 10:44 PM
I noticed that! But also the theater that I was in was sucky!

Loved the movie though! Can't wait to start seeing some Ep2 levels,saber mods, models etc for JO!

This Party's Over! -Mace Windu
 Fettish
05-16-2002, 11:36 PM
Yeah, it was pretty grainy, but only in certain scenes.
 Darth Iroel
05-16-2002, 11:38 PM
I heard that it was grainy but no matter how hard I try to notice it I couldn`t, maybe I'm lucky......
 Mr Tim
05-16-2002, 11:55 PM
I didn't notice - but my friend who I was sitting next to was complaining about it this morning (in our post-viewing-debrief-over-coffee-while-taking-a-major-break-from-work).
 JediGhost[SITH]
05-17-2002, 12:01 AM
Maybe it was just from the film they used... You know, like how the old 50's movies are? All those little black specklies

I didn't notice anything except the specklies.
 TheDarkSide
05-17-2002, 12:12 AM
Well I dont mean for you all to hate me, but I saw it this afternoon in a digital light projection theater here in Dallas, TX. It was truly something to behold. I plan on seeing it again this weekend in a normal film theatre and will report back on the differences as I notice them. (FYI i didn't vote in the poll! :) )
 Zindell
05-17-2002, 12:31 AM
I didnt really notice, I tried to but i didn't
 ed1371
05-17-2002, 1:57 AM
well, I was lucky enough to see it with the new digital system...all I can say is WOW...unbelievable picture quality...I really hope it becomes a standard.
Page: 1 of 1