Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Boba Fett

Page: 1 of 1
 Darth Morph
05-16-2002, 6:20 PM
Who is Boba Fett really ?? :fett:

Is he really Jango's son, or is he the clone, Jango wanted to have for himself ? If he is NOT the clone, what happened to it ?
 Treacherous Mercenary
05-16-2002, 6:25 PM
Boba is Jango's son as far as I know...
 TheWarden
05-16-2002, 7:07 PM
I think Boba's the clone that Jango wanted. She said he wanted a clone that was not made more docile (sp?) and did not have the speedy growth that the rest of the clones had. The kid looked to be about 10, which is how long it had been since they started cloning Jango.
 Blaze^
05-16-2002, 7:21 PM
They refered to him (the kid) once (when we see him for the first time) as boba...
 thelegalbeagle
05-16-2002, 7:34 PM
Boba Fett is a clone, part of the fee Jango Fett was paid to volunteer his DNA for the cloning process.

And it is obvious from the look on his face after Jango was decapitated that he is going to get his dad's Mandalorian buddies involved in the Clone Wars in a big way in Episode III.

Bring it on!
 XeOnApHoBe
05-16-2002, 8:54 PM
I can't believe Lucas picked out that irritating little pussy to play a boy who will eventually become one of the most badass bounty hunters in the Star Wars saga :mad:
 Pedantic
05-16-2002, 9:23 PM
I thought the guy who played Boba did a superb job. Did you hear his evil laughing during the space chase?
 xSauronx
05-16-2002, 10:12 PM
Gah.

I hated the way they put Jango/Boba in this movie. I remember reading Tales of the Bounty hunters or something a couple years ago, and how Boba was kinda a rogue planetary security guy, who went Bounty Hunter badass.

Now hes some funny looking pansy with a dad who got his butt kicked because he thought his plastic pansy looking guns could pWn Samuel L Jackson...

common kid, you dont F with Jackson if he has a lightsaber, be it purple or not.
 aieljafar
05-16-2002, 10:41 PM
I thought the whole Jango/Boba situation was a bad idea. I felt it was really just a marketing ploy for George to capitalize on the coolness of Boba Fett to get more money.

Lil Boba, imo, was dumb. The haircut was terrible and his voice was annoying. I was quite perturbed with their inclusion in the film.

For Jango, first off, I hate the name. It sounds stupid! But he just wasn't near as menacing as Boba Fett in Empire OR Jedi! He didn't give me that I am a badass bounty hunter feel.

Also, though I am glad they put the twist of Boba being a clone in their, I still like the EU's ideas about Boba better!

Leave Fett alone! He was cooler when he was mysterious!
 Fettish
05-16-2002, 11:26 PM
He didn't give me that I am a badass bounty hunter feel.

What!?!?!?!? Did we watch the same movie? Am I the only one who saw Jango TOTALLY OWN Obi Wan on Kamino and in the asteroid field? Or how about when he did that sweet twirly thing with his blaster and then tuck it in his belt? Plus, compared to Boba, who "died" screaming like a little girly, Jango died with a bit more honor.
 Darth Iroel
05-16-2002, 11:42 PM
The badass immage was ruined because you saw his face....
 Darth Iroel
05-16-2002, 11:43 PM
I liked jango anyway, and I also like the way he died....I hope that in episode 3 Boba will be older enough to have that central role that never had in the original trilogy....
 Fett_72
05-17-2002, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by xSauronx
common kid, you dont F with Jackson if he has a lightsaber, be it purple or not.

HAHAHAAHAHA

When he was holding Jango hostage with his saber and Dooku went 'You're highly outnumbered' and he said something like ' I don't think so', I was like HES SO SHAFT WITH A SABER!

SO much better than the sit there and look important guy from Ep 1

A friend I saw it with made a good point too, Jackson has to die in the next one, so who says it won't be Boba who does it? THAT would be a cool scene.
 Darth Iroel
05-17-2002, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by Fett_72

A friend I saw it with made a good point too, Jackson has to die in the next one, so who says it won't be Boba who does it? THAT would be a cool scene.

I agree :)
 Zindell
05-17-2002, 11:00 AM
yeah i was kinda disapointed with the whole demise of jango and how he passed off his job to someone else. I mean he killed her ass real fast without the jedi's figuring it out he coulda taken padme out just as easily. I thought the jango vs Obi-wan thing was cool but i would have wanted to see jango take out more than just one jedi before he got his head chopped off.
 fettsdealer
05-17-2002, 12:51 PM
seeing their faces peed me off.

the magic was in the mystery.

Ozzie accents....please :confused:

I have loved B.Fett for years, all killed off in a 2 minute scene.

:jawa

ooteeeni
 thelegalbeagle
05-17-2002, 12:57 PM
They were not Australian actors, but came from New Zealand.

Darth Vader wasn't any less because we know what Anakin looks like and what he looked like with the helmet off.

Boba Fett is still cool, although I want to know how his voice changes, since all the Clonetroopers sound like Jango Fett
 thelegalbeagle
05-17-2002, 12:59 PM
...and God forbid anyone should have anything other than an American or English accent.

One of the brothers in X Wing Alliance has an Ulster accent - hilarious!
 Vader10
05-17-2002, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by fettsdealer
seeing their faces peed me off.

the magic was in the mystery.

Ozzie accents....please :confused:

I have loved B.Fett for years, all killed off in a 2 minute scene.

:jawa

ooteeeni
so I guess seeing that little turd of a boy named Anakin in Ep I made you dislike Vader? Lol, not very good logic.
 fido4fox
05-17-2002, 1:01 PM
Originally posted by aieljafar

Lil Boba, imo, was dumb. The haircut was terrible and his voice was annoying. I was quite perturbed with their inclusion in the film.

For Jango, first off, I hate the name. It sounds stupid! But he just wasn't near as menacing as Boba Fett in Empire OR Jedi! He didn't give me that I am a badass bounty hunter feel.

Leave Fett alone! He was cooler when he was mysterious!

OK the kids hair has nothing to do with it. GL has stated beofer that he uses bad hiar b/c it is a Sci Fi movie and wants to detach from reality. Look at Amidala in TPM. She some big time F'd up hair and it was fine.

Jango not a menacing character? Well I agree, his armour was light blue!! But still, Boba saw his father killed right before his eyes and that kind of tells you how he became so disgruntled anf the bad ass that he becomes later.

I enjoy knowing a little more about the Fetts personally and dont forget!

BOBA FETT HAD A SMALL PART IN ESB AND HE IS ARGUABLLY THE MOST POPULAR CHARACTER IN THE WHO UNIVERSE. HE WAS IN THE MOVIE TO APPEASE THE BOBA FETT FANS NO DOUBT, SO NOW YOU KNOW, STOP WHINING AND ENJOY THE MOVIE!!

My 2 cents

Fido
 Vader10
05-17-2002, 1:03 PM
I personally liked the whole Jango/Boba plotline. I wish Jango had gotten some more kills in the final battle, but losing his head to Mace was cool. Remember Boba saw the whole thing. What do you think his drive and ambition will be now? To grow up training his entire life to be able to kill the Jedi and especially Mace maybe? Now we know why boba is portayed as such a badass. He basically grew up from age 10 hating everything about Jedi.

If you hate everything about an enemy and use that while you grow up, don't you think you will concentrate on finding skills to combat the Jedi? Muhahhahahahhahah
 els.DarkLord
05-17-2002, 1:19 PM
I agree with Vader10. The implementation of Jango and Boba was nicely done. ANd the way he died felt so real (as in a there-are-those-super-powerful-jedi-guys-one-better-leaves-alone-way). Windu simply rushed into him (blocking those nasty little blaster shots) and *chop* away with this bounty hunter.
Don't misunderstand me, i like the Fetts, but they are no Jedi or Sith.... they are jsut 'normal' human/whatsoever beeings.

One problem for the die-hard boba fans though might just be the Expanded universe and what everybody (who was interested in such stuff) believed to know about Boba.... it might be hard to let go i think.

And it is obvious from the look on his face after Jango was decapitated that he is going to get his dad's Mandalorian buddies involved in the Clone Wars in a big way in Episode III.Is there actually any prove so far, anything about all the 'Mandalorians' stuff is part of the star wars canon?
 thelegalbeagle
05-17-2002, 1:28 PM
The Boba Fett armour is referred to in the game 'Jedi Knight - Dark Forces 2' as 'Mandalorian'.

I also think that there is reference to the Mandalorians as a race of evil warriors that the Jedi fought during the Clone Wars in Donald F Glut's novelisation of The Empire Strikes Back. I will confirm this and post any relevant quotations.
 Jack McQuill
05-17-2002, 1:36 PM
I always thought "Boba Fett" is not really Boba Fett's real name and that it was really Journeyman Protector Jaster Mereel.

Did George Lucas just change Fett's entire history?! oh well....
since he's the maker, he gets to do whatever he wants...
 coupes.
05-23-2002, 3:59 PM
I think we'll see bobba fett kick some jedi ass in ep3 because he'll be hired by palpatine to do so. We might see him join forces with vader (who's job will be the same), and i think he's the one who is ganna kill mace windu.

The reason why jango was kiled so easily is that his jet pack was broken by the big red monster **** and couldn't have the air advantage over windu. And this only makes bobba look even better.

.:CoupeS:.
 Havoc Stryphe
05-23-2002, 4:14 PM
George Lucas did not introduce Boba Fett in this movie to capitalize on the "coolness" of his Character in the OT.

Lucas and McCullum have both said that Boba was introduced to place a parallel to Anakin's life. Both are without a parent:

Anakin - Conceived by Midichlrians, no father

Boba - Cloned from Jango, No mother

Anakin - Mothers is killed by Tusken Raiders

Boba - Father is killed by Jedi

It's all about how these two deal with their "unique" lives, and the decisions they make, that lead them to lives they lead in the OT.

You people have to start looking beyond your own noses...

Lucas did it for the money, geesh :rolleyes:

If that were the case, Boba would have been in full armor right along with Jango, making Boba that much "cooler" :rolleyes:
 Jahs
05-23-2002, 4:21 PM
Originally posted by Fettish

What!?!?!?!? Did we watch the same movie? Am I the only one who saw Jango TOTALLY OWN Obi Wan on Kamino and in the asteroid field? Or how about when he did that sweet twirly thing with his blaster and then tuck it in his belt? Plus, compared to Boba, who "died" screaming like a little girly, Jango died with a bit more honor.

1) Jango ran. I dont think running and owning are the same.

2) Boba didn't die in that pit.
 Jahs
05-23-2002, 4:23 PM
Originally posted by thelegalbeagle
The Boba Fett armour is referred to in the game 'Jedi Knight - Dark Forces 2' as 'Mandalorian'.

I also think that there is reference to the Mandalorians as a race of evil warriors that the Jedi fought during the Clone Wars in Donald F Glut's novelisation of The Empire Strikes Back. I will confirm this and post any relevant quotations.

Indeed. the Mandalorians was one kick ass race who fought the jedi.
 dark_michaels
05-23-2002, 10:53 PM
if boba fett ends up being a part of episode III and joins vader to hunt the jedi, and he does kill mace maybe he will decintergate(sp?) him. foreshadowing when vader points to him and tells him no decintergations in empire strikes back
 shidobu
05-24-2002, 12:07 AM
I think that would be awesome.
 Jedi_Monk
05-24-2002, 12:35 AM
Yes... Vader's just about to go mofo on Mace when Boba pops up and disintegrates him... that'd be great <g>

Also, I actually think this was Boba's role all along. The authors were strictly told "stay the heck out of the Clone Wars!" and what did they do? They went into the Clone Wars. See, appearantly, in the original draft, it was Boba, not a clone, who was the source of the clone army. Then, Lucas realized that would make Boba too old. So, instead he created Jango Fett, Boba's father. So a Fett was always a template for the clones.
 Jedi Knight XVI
05-24-2002, 12:49 AM
Jengo Fett wanted a clone that was unaltered for a son. I guess since he was making the clones, he might as well get something out of it. Boba Fett is considered Jengo's son, even though he is really a clone.
 Frumpus
05-25-2002, 6:03 PM
Yeah, Jango was cool, but I really wish they would have kept the "Fett's" totally OUT of the prequels.

OK, maybe just some "Mandalorians" would be ok, but the SW universe is just too vast; I thought it just too coincidental for Boba's DAD(?!!?) to play a role in the prime elements of the story. I wish that had been handled differently.

I wish Lucas had avoided neutering the Expanded Universe storyline - i.e. "Jaster Mereel" - on this point. I thought that was arrogant, or stupid... one of the two.
Page: 1 of 1