Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Those dam critics

Page: 1 of 1
 Darkman50
05-16-2002, 5:40 PM
Can someone tell me why critics are so stupid. I couple of them canned Episode 2. I thought it was an awsome movie. The critics keep saying the special effects were bad and the acting was bad. I thought the acting was good and so was the special effects. I hate critics. Although I hear some gave the movie 4 stars. Atleast those guys know what there doing.
 seether7
05-16-2002, 6:03 PM
i know! ep2 is my fav movie ever now!!!! it's soooooo good, even brings back the feelings from the old trilogy. i think the ppl who say it's bad expect way too much, they expect gl to do something impossible so therefore they'll always find the movies bad.
 Starwalker
05-16-2002, 6:16 PM
Episode is the best film ever! It blew me away!!
 JR_Incubus
05-16-2002, 7:26 PM
Critics who say they didn't like it don't see the whole picture. Its 6 films all meant to entie. If they gave it a bad rating simply b/c they didn't get it, they shouldn't have been allowed to buy the ticket to the friggin movie. I loved the movie! W0000t!
 thelegalbeagle
05-16-2002, 7:39 PM
They wouldn't be critics if they weren't critical.

Any SW fan will appreciate AOTC for the piece of genius that it is. If someone doesn't like it because it isn't Shakespeare, that's fine. I love it. You love it. We all love it. To hell with the reviews, the box office will be huge, and nothing will stop Episode III.

"Everything that has transpired has done so according to my design"
 Ice (Sic)kle
05-16-2002, 8:59 PM
Finally a thread that just has people that love AotC, I loved it. It is my favorite Star Wars movie so far. You guys should see all the people b*tchin' about why it sucked on the jediknight2 forum.
 IceSt0rm
05-16-2002, 9:30 PM
bump. It is my favorite movie of all time now. Many of the critics were too blinded trying to be negative about the movie that they missed the whole bucket load of symbolism lucas put in it. You were also right in saying many critics didn't know what they were saying. The critic from Newsweek said he thought the movie was bad because he thought Anakin was supposed to represent Lucifer but instead Anakin followed a different path, very unlike Lucifer. I mean some critics can just be plain stupid, where'd he get this lucifer crap on and why did he base his whole negative view on that?? I mean hell, this is newsweek and they have idiots working for them. I won't even go into Ebert now, he is a blind old critic with a lack of memory and refusal to correspond one episode with another for the wider picture.
 patchx
05-16-2002, 9:33 PM
critics here in aus keep slagging it too

i thought it rocked

the acxting was pretty good i thought considering some of the cheesy (yet star warsy) lines

anakin freaked me out in some parts he is SO gonna kick some serious ass in ep3

when he was going on about killing the tuskens it gave me chills

"and not just the men .... but the women... and the children..."

that rocked

-patch
Page: 1 of 1