Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

ERROR: filename length > MAX_QPATH.....

Page: 1 of 1
 Sith_Incarnite
05-15-2002, 1:35 AM
The game has been running fine in both single player and multiplayer since I installed it. I've had the game since the day it came out. Now when I try to start single player, I get an error message when the startup script begins to run. The message is:

ERROR: filename length > MAX_QPATH...

Multiplayer still works just fine. I completely uninstalled JK2 and then reinstalled it. Single player is still messed up and I'm getting the same error message as before.

I'm in no hurry to play single player for right now but I would like to get this problem corrected if I can. Does anyone have any ideas what has caused this and a possible cure for this ailment?

Sith Incarnite IRON
Sith_Incarnite_IRON@comcast.net
 LainTora
05-15-2002, 12:08 PM
I also am having the same error with SP.

I first noticed it recently (since the update to v.1.03) when I wanted to try some of the new custom SP levels. Yes, I have a legit, retail copy of the game and am not using a CD crack. Yes, my computer meets or exceeds the minimum specs of the game (SP used to work, and MP still works). I have not attempted a complete uninstall and reinstall yet like Sith_Incarnite has.

Sith_Incarnite, after you uninstalled/reinstalled the game, did you also install the update? (BTW, did you remove all saved files, custom maps, etc.?)

Anyone else have any ideas or clues to what is happening, or how to fix this?
 teleguy
05-15-2002, 12:21 PM
Just remove reactor.pk3 from your base folder.
 striderx2048
05-15-2002, 1:35 PM
ya like he said
 LainTora
05-15-2002, 2:39 PM
I am replying to confirm the above replies.

The error ("ERROR: filename length > MAX_QPATH...") when launching SP is from having the file called "reactor.pk3" in the game's BASE folder. It is the PK3 file that is part of the custom CTF map called "Reactor CTF".

To fix:
Delete/move the file from the BASE folder.

It does NOT make a difference if the game is at v.1.02 ("out of the box") or with the update to v.1.03.

Thank you for helping clear this up, teleguy and striderx2048.
 The Trooper
05-17-2002, 2:15 PM
I have had the exact same problem. Thanks for the fix guys
but shouldn't someone take the file down from the download section until the map is fixed ?
Page: 1 of 1