Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Jedi Knight 2 Audio Rip?

Page: 1 of 1
 johniesoko
05-14-2002, 4:34 AM
I was wondering if or when if any scumm revisted update will include a option for jedi knight 2: outcast so that you can get the audio from the game. Thanks :ewok:
 Serge
05-14-2002, 11:39 AM
I doubt it ever will. SCUMM Revisited was always intended to be an explorer for SCUMM games. The additional game support was mainly there because it was a simple thing to do (because the formats were related). Not so for JK2 as far as I'm aware (although I haven't looked at the files). Also, I'm sure it'll be rippable very soon (if it isn't already) - since the Star Wars games have always had a much larger "hacking" following than the SCUMM ditto. And, finally, 99%, if not all, of the music in JK2 is taken from the movie soundtracks. Why rip it in inferior (although not much from what I've heard) quality when it's so easy to get? :)

- Serge
 MeddlingMonk
05-14-2002, 12:47 PM
Besides which, all the textures, sounds, models, etc. in JO are (like all QIII games) stored in the PK3 files. And PK3 files are just uncompressed zip files. All you need is WinZip or something like it. Go wild.
 Metallus
05-14-2002, 1:35 PM
Yeah, the audio files on Jedi Outcast are in .mp3 format. Pretty nice of them, eh?
 johniesoko
05-15-2002, 3:53 AM
Well after opening he files in winzip i releized that its pretty simple...i was suprised by the file formats they used....SCUMM has always been good to me...but this is too easy....keep on trucking!
 Benjy
05-21-2002, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Metallus
Yeah, the audio files on Jedi Outcast are in .mp3 format. Pretty nice of them, eh?
Like the musics in EMI :D

Benjy.
Page: 1 of 1