Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Trying to make a good server config file

Page: 1 of 1
 Ardayus
05-11-2002, 3:42 PM
I am trying to make a good LAN server config for my home LAN so me an my friends can duke it out. This is what I have so far...do I need anything else?

// Server Info
seta g_motd "Make Peace with Your Gods"
seta sv_hostname "Dedicated v1.03 DUEL FEST"
seta Administrator "Ardayus"
seta Email "slyckfish@msn.com"
seta url "davestavern.iwarp.com"
seta Location "USA"

// Server Config

seta g_gametype 3
seta sv_maxclients 10
seta sv_minclients 0
seta g_ghostRespawn 3
seta g_forcerespawn 0
seta g_inactivity 0
seta sv_pure 1
seta sv_floodProtect 1
seta sv_maxRate 10000
seta sv_maxPing 500
seta sv_minPing 0
seta timelimit 20

// Game Settings

seta g_maxForceRank 7
seta g_forcePowerDisable 10209
seta g_weaponDisable 65531
seta g_saberLock 1
seta g_dismember 100

// Maps rotationcycle

set d1 "map duel_training ; set nextmap vstr d2"
set d2 "map duel_carbon ; set nextmap vstr d3"
set d3 "map duel_pit ; set nextmap vstr d4"
set d4 "map duel_bay ; set nextmap vstr d5"
set d5 "map duel_hanger ; set nextmap vstr d6"
set d6 "map duel_temple ; set nextmap vstr d1"
vstr d1
 TySoft
05-11-2002, 4:30 PM
I believe you should make the server info lines "sets" instead of "seta" - so itll display w/ the server info button...

maxpings are kinda annoying imo, even if you are an lpb it sometimes wont let you in after jk2 has begun retrying a full server...

other than that i cant spot anything :o
 CRCError
05-12-2002, 4:17 AM
Actually - if it's a LAN server I'd leave the max/min ping cvars at zero anyway... I mean - if yer gonna host a LAN game there is no sense in denying access per ping (If anyone on the LAN has 500+ ping I'd say there would be something MAJORLY wrong anyway.)

MaxRate - Pop it to 25000 unless your hub/router can't handle the traffic. Depending on how fast your hub is vs how many players you have can bog it down if it's a 10mbit hub. (Just watch your hub's lights - if a lot of collisions happen take the rate down some.)

Set your duel_fraglimit and fraglimit cvars too - a good value I like to use for duel_fraglimit is 1-2 less than my max players. fraglimit in duels should be set to 1.

Consider even though you are on a LAN setting a rconpassword might be good. Unless you will be sharing a desk with the server you won't wanna get up and fix things in the server console very often. Turning on voting might be good to have a quick way to change gametypes/maps too.

Also there is cool map called sith_ascension you can grab at www.jediknightii.net). ge_force_x is decent too.

Last - if you don't like the duel_jedi and duel_bespin maps that's cool... But if you might of forgotten to put them in the lineup I thought I'd remind you that they were not in your rotation.

CRCError
Page: 1 of 1