Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Time ingame

Page: 1 of 1
 Darth Maxx
05-10-2002, 3:56 PM
1. When in the saga will the game take place? Around Episode I untill VI? Or is it eternal?

2. Will it use a realistic 24hr or a more speeded up gameplay? B/C I sure do wanna see those sunrises/-dawns.
 MikeC
05-10-2002, 4:18 PM
Hi Darth Maxx. Welcome! :D

For your first question, the game takes place between the first 2 movies (after the battle of Yavin and before the battle of Hoth).

The time line will not really progress with the movies. We will, in a way, be frozen in time.

I don't think I can answer your second question at this point in time.
 Darth Maxx
05-10-2002, 7:02 PM
so inbetween Episode IV and V?
damn, no Darth Maul then :D
 Gaalgoth
05-13-2002, 2:07 PM
I'm not sure about a real time day/night system or speeded up, but after seeing that celebrations II footage I don't really care....I just want to see sunrise and sunset
 Wraith 8
05-14-2002, 12:23 PM
i thought that time had no isuue there.. that time was just the night period times.. but other than that.. i thought time was standing still..
 Zendjir
05-14-2002, 12:30 PM
Yeah, me thinks that time will be standing still too. But I think that, to reflect the impact of the GCW on the game, time will slowly pass. I really would not want to see that the garrison that you attacked 6734 times in one year with your PA, still exist while being completely surrounded by your PA 24/7, that would be very lame.

So the devs need to update the game regularly (sp) to keep the game realistic.

I dunno if my post makes any sense..but what the hell
 MikeC
05-14-2002, 12:46 PM
I don't think time will be THAT frozen. There will surely be some progression of time in the game, but we will basically be stuck in the period between movies.
 Wraith 8
05-15-2002, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by MikeC
I don't think time will be THAT frozen. There will surely be some progression of time in the game, but we will basically be stuck in the period between movies. you took the words out of my mouth :D
 setsuko
05-15-2002, 7:51 PM
And well, about one minute in real world = one minute in game, I seriously doubt it. Expect some hour or two real time to be equal to a day ingame. This is just a speculation, but I would VERY surprised if you could only see one sunset each day (except for Tatooine, of course! :P )
 Lord Helmet
05-15-2002, 11:12 PM
it hink it would probably like everyone half hour or even elss ...i dunno somone duct tape my mouth shut plz...im begging you
Page: 1 of 1