Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

ATAT Duel map

Page: 1 of 1
 Belial6672
05-10-2002, 1:57 PM
Hi
Just finished my ATAT (thanks to 007's ATAT prefab) duelling and ffa map. It does have bot support as well..
What do you all think of it....my 3rd map so far so I am quite pleased with the result..
Go here to see screenshots and download the level
http://www.jedioutcastmaps.com/map.php?id=98)

Belial
 Lucko Mabri
05-10-2002, 2:02 PM
I was Hoping for tatooine scene :( but still this map is great! Keep Up The Good Work UP! :D
 uteboy
05-11-2002, 7:04 AM
Nice map. Two questions:

Why when wandering around in the atat cockpit does it sound like you are walking in water ( or is it just me)

Why did you make this a duel map as well. I would have thought it's a bit big for that. In my opinion duel maps and ffa maps are completely different.
 Belial6672
05-11-2002, 7:30 AM
1. Why is that water sound there...dunno, happens everyso often with some textures I have found (missed that one though lol)
2. It is acrually part of a larger CTF map, this is an offshoot from that whilst I was testing some things out...But I thought it worked quite well as a duel map as there are essentially 2 arenas to fight in..fed up of being thrown to your death, then fight on the platform area..
I personally dont agree that duel and ffa maps are different..because I always (generally) stick with my saber I dont notice that much of a difference..apart from people have more room to move in ffa
 uteboy
05-11-2002, 9:05 AM
I think it's fine ffa, but as duel there is too much room for lamers to run around in circles.

Just my $0.02

Oh and i see now that the water bug isn't just limited to yours. If i'd known it was a known issue I wouldn't have brought it up, sorry.
 D'akt Sangwar
05-11-2002, 9:24 AM
i dont think the at at fits because of its leg
if u get me
 Wired
05-11-2002, 10:11 AM
Certain sounds are bound to certain textures, which is why it sounds like you're walking on stone when you have a stone texture. (Ok I'm not sure if there is a sound for walking on stone but you get the picture).
 Belial6672
05-11-2002, 3:45 PM
never thought of it the way you just described..course they are bound to sounds arnt they...so some textures have screwed up sound effects or joradient is cocking them up...mmm interesting

oh the atat does fit..its cocking his leg cos hes been there a while lol:D

Belial
 Cmdr. Antilles
05-11-2002, 4:41 PM
Did you rotate my ATAT? Because the textures are all screwed up... Did you fix that in the final release?
 Belial6672
05-11-2002, 4:56 PM
nope i built the level up around the atat. textures seem fine to me, aligned the way they were in your original map you sent me....what area has the problem?
 Cmdr. Antilles
05-11-2002, 5:02 PM
You're kidding!?!

Look at all the black spots showing on the legs... Those didn't strike you as odd?

I hope I didn't send out the wrong .map... :(
 Belial6672
05-11-2002, 5:07 PM
**** in hell
why me.....youre right the textures have been screwed around havent they.....bloody hell. The worst is yet to come...I had to reinstall windows this afternoon...and my map file got wiped in the process..got backups of all my other maps..but not this one........not pleased now..

not a happy chappy now....dont there are any decompliers around...

Belial
 Cmdr. Antilles
05-11-2002, 6:05 PM
Oy... Bad day, huh? :(

Sorry to hear about that.
 Belial6672
05-12-2002, 7:35 AM
well learned from my mistake....got 3 copies of each map I am working on at the moment...Your atat is beinbg used again in my next map (textures right way round this time:D )....I am doing a FFA map based on the Imperial Landing platform on Endor...got the basic structure done now...Now comes the hard part..making it look convincing....

Belial
 __CKY__
05-12-2002, 11:14 PM
very nice job on the ATAT i enjoyed playing on this level lol
 Cmdr. Antilles
05-13-2002, 1:54 AM
Originally posted by __CKY__
very nice job on the ATAT

Thanks. :)
Page: 1 of 1