Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Demo Mod:

Page: 1 of 1
 DarthCobra
05-10-2002, 11:58 AM
Well I couldnt help but hackin the sp level outta the demo.
Its been submitted to

http://www.jedi-outcast.com)

Hopefully it will post soon. If it doesnt ill find somewhere else to post it...

Enjoy.
 Leagle
05-10-2002, 2:41 PM
Try submitting it elsewhere as well...
 King Andy
05-10-2002, 3:38 PM
 inpheaux
05-10-2002, 3:50 PM
fun fact: you [darthcobra] had nothing to do with the rip we just posted. our copy was ripped by my roommate [king andy, see above], who started on the project about an hour after it was released by raven.

we had to wait until . . around an hour ago to release it, since we were waiting for permission from raven to do so. in any account, our rip is over here: alcor III base (http://www.jedi-outcast.com/filebase_details.php?f_id=113)
 DarthCobra
05-10-2002, 3:52 PM
Guess i was a little late on that one ;)
 Leagle
05-10-2002, 4:05 PM
I got the 1st vote...

Already got the whole thing tho... I will get this for completeness.

I gave it a 10, because it is fun. I really should have marked it down for being so simple but in comparison to other sp lvls out there it rocks...
 inpheaux
05-10-2002, 4:18 PM
Originally posted by Leagle
I really should have marked it down for being so simple...
have you played the other SP levels that are out there? the only other "user-made" SP level that's worth talking about currently is the ladder. and *oops* it has script files that were compiled before the game was released. what does that say?

while alzoc base may not have the same length or fast gameplay in it that the ladder has, it has a more polished and official feel to it. and it has important things, like a plot. despite the fact that it doesn't fit in with the plot of jedi outcast to any extent, it still has a plot, and you have to give it that much. better than "sp_base" which consisted of "uh, kyle is in a canyon. and so are like, some reborn. and stormtroopers. and then tavion comes out of the wall. and i forgot to add a condition of victory plz go kill yourself kthxbye."

so, yeah. as far as real SP levels go, alcor iii base is the best thing you'll find next to the actual jedi outcast single player levels.
 Leagle
05-10-2002, 4:42 PM
The base. (crap)
Floating sith temple. Simple, fun.
That bespin one. simple, bland, etc.
There is at least one more, that I haven't actually played yet.
 Leagle
05-10-2002, 4:47 PM
So what I meant is: Shut up.

The map is executor btw.

<edit> Okay guys your zip file seems to be screwed. Corrupt.
I'll try it again, but...

(More flames...) :swear: And a map is simple regardless of what else is out there, so stfu.:swear:
 Leagle
05-10-2002, 7:43 PM
Took 5 tries but I now have the sp lvl as well. It does have snow on my machine. You miss out on nothing d/l'ing this people.:thumbsup:
 tofu
05-11-2002, 1:51 AM
Hey duh, it's a demo. So of course they wouldn't include all the features that make JK2 fun. Otherwise it wouldn't be a demo anymore, wouldn't it?
 Leagle
05-11-2002, 9:16 AM
Originally posted by tofu
Hey duh, it's a demo. So of course they wouldn't include all the features that make JK2 fun. Otherwise it wouldn't be a demo anymore, wouldn't it?

wtf are you talking about???

For those who want to know, this is better than that one at jk2net, no bat files...
 Leagle
05-11-2002, 11:28 AM
I recently checked your site and you have now deleted the lvl and replaced it with the bat file one. I was curious so I opened the file I d/l from you and it is the old version.

It works. I was playing it all night... With snow... (I have not mistaken it for the full thing if you are wondering.)

So I have a question. What problems did you encounter? Because it works fine for me. You also saw no snow, I did.
The only nag I have is a few colored lines in the room you shut down the forcefield for bay2 -it is hardly a problem...
 taekwondo joe
05-11-2002, 11:28 AM
inphy, your on this site, um, whats up??? i thought these guys were like your enemy, i'm on here cuz your sites gone down so much, your server is bad, so when yall are down, i go here, whats the story with you!
Page: 1 of 1