Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Grim Fandango has no future.

Page: 1 of 1
 MtBlanc
05-10-2002, 4:27 AM
I know we like our game and all, but let's face facts here people. It's been awhile since we've manipulated our little friend Manny on the ole' computer screen. And I hate to be pessimistic, but I'm not sure we'll ever see him in a new adventure. It'd be nice, but maybe our views are just a little too jaded. What's your opinion?
 Metallus
05-10-2002, 4:29 AM
I doubt there'll be a sequel to our beloved game. A movie would be great though, and probably much more viable as an option. Mr. Lucas expressed interest in doing more off-beat movies after Episode 3 is done, so who knows? Hopefully if they make one it won't be another Howard the Duck.
 MtBlanc
05-10-2002, 4:34 AM
There's nothing wrong with Howard the Duck Met- whatever that is. It's got a catchy title, and in today's market that's all that matters.

Anyways, I'm pretty confident GF will never get its beloved sequel. It seems like LEC can only focus on one adventure series at a time, and in such a small market for adventure games, that might be a good option for them.
 Metallus
05-10-2002, 5:39 AM
I've got a feeling that adventure games will cycle back into popularity, just like RPGs have. It has already started.
 Tall Guy
05-10-2002, 6:21 AM
compared to some titles that get sequals, grim is pretty young..there's time yet! maybe our grandchildren will be playin it some time in the next 50 years...:(
 Metallus
05-10-2002, 6:32 AM
On a related note, I wonder when Pong is going to get sequelized. I mean, there've been spin-offs, of course, like Quadrapong and 3-D Pong, but I want something fresh and original!

I apologize.
 Tall Guy
05-10-2002, 8:30 AM
dont, im with u on this! :D

personally i think id software should have a go at it!...now how would that go?.....:)
 Huz
05-11-2002, 8:20 PM
I'm pretty sure I've seen a Pong Quake conversion. ;)

In other news, I have concluded that (computer) RPGs are the worst form of game known to man.
 MeddlingMonk
05-11-2002, 11:34 PM
Sounds like somebody's never played an Ultima.
 Metallus
05-12-2002, 11:10 PM
Even worse than that ancient Incan ball game where they sacrificed the losing team? Well, at least the crowd was happy.
 MeddlingMonk
05-13-2002, 2:31 AM
I think the game was Aztec. At least, they're the guys who did human sacrifices every chance they got. (I wonder if Manson does bar mitvahs...)
 leonhart
05-15-2002, 8:10 PM
A Grim Fandango movie would be great and i think that if we fans send a respectful amount of e-mails there will be one! If anyone can record the whole game, like a movie would be great and i would pay for that! Viva la revolution!
 MeddlingMonk
05-15-2002, 11:08 PM
:rofl:
 Socabapu
05-22-2002, 10:23 PM
Well, i hope the sequality is better than the original quality...(insert crickets) Ok, not funny at all, but I hope if they do any more of those games, that they will stick to a different control style. It got a bit stressful at times getting Manny around the screen. But what would the plot be?
 Metallus
05-22-2002, 10:52 PM
Awww, I liked the control system, because you were able to move quickly or slowly. I remember when playing Full Throttle, there was one scene where it took minutes for Ben to get across the screen.
 MtBlanc
05-23-2002, 12:08 AM
Yeah, that was a bit of a hassle, but hey, Ben is a man that runs for no one. I'm sure it won't be the same for the sequel. (woo)

Speaking of that, if FT gets a sequel, which wasn't the most popular or heralded game around, perhaps GF really will get another go. It's a glimmer of hope.
 Tall Guy
05-23-2002, 6:55 AM
theres hope yet. FT1 was from the dark ages of 1995 so i recon a GF sequal aint out the question yet! ;)
 Aliasalpha
05-30-2002, 2:14 PM
Originally posted by MeddlingMonk
Sounds like somebody's never played an Ultima.

Best damn RPG/adventure games ever! Even better than the mighty Lucasarts fare.

If there was ever a sequel to GF, there'd be a big character loss. We'd either have to follow Manny (Most likely) or Glottis since they got irrevocably seperated at the end.

The only other viable option would be as a new recruit to the Lost Souls Alliance doing undercover work.

A movie would kick arse though, nice fully 3D one but it MUST have the same actors, no-one else could voice Manny or Glottis as well.
 Metallus
05-30-2002, 4:23 PM
Hey, welcome to the forums, Aliasalpha!
 Gabez
06-04-2002, 5:39 PM
Originally posted by Huz

In other news, I have concluded that (computer) RPGs are the worst form of game known to man.

I see that you've nevere played Deus Ex or Baldurs Gate II then!
Page: 1 of 1