Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Awsome Mod idea, Plz read

Page: 1 of 1
 ShwenLee
05-10-2002, 1:46 AM
:evil5:

Me and my friend where sitting here playing Jedi Outcast and got an awsome idea. I know most of you people that play this game will probably think its not kewl. Because Star Wars fans are not necessarly anime fans.
So our idea. A Dbz mod. Now now don't go saying its all gay and stuff now hear me out. Plz.

First of It would recquire some modeling, and some scripting to do this right. It might be a tad complicated but to make it kewl it would have to be done.

Second. Our idea

TRANSFORMATIONS AND ATTACKS:

The force powers would be the Dbz fighters move's. Simple enough. When configuring force powers you would start out with a certain number. Say 20 for example. Now say you picked Goku. For this model, He has 3 attacks. Kamehameha, Spirit Bomb, and Kaoken. Which, you could edit Push as Kamehameha, Spirit could be a modification of lightning, or maybe you could just switch weapons. Like take out the models of weapons and have each attack fire out a diffrent beam with damage. Similiar to the Half life ESF. Now KaoKen could be Dark Rage/Range i forget :). Now with those points. You could set the damage of the blast. If you wanted to go full kamehameha then it would be fully powered, and you would have less of an attack on the other attacks. Or you could put some points into all 3 and have them. So its kinda basic yet stragetic at the same time. Also no health or armor. YOur health would be Ki, or the power they use to fight. 1 idea we had was when you get hit and you use your attacks you Ki power depletes. But while attacking and using ur powers your ki will only deplete so far, Thus not killing you. And disabling the ability to attack beside hitting/punching. So thus you must charge up your power. Now as you dbz fans know( if there is any here :) ) At a certain power level the dbz fighters change, they get more powerful attacks, they become faster, and stronger. So at a certain Ki level, Goku here would Get more points and one of the force powers could be modified so he transforms. When transforming, and utilizing the force power to transform himself if possible when doing this His model would change so other players would know he has transformed so Reg. Goku, would turn into Super Saiying goku, then SSj, and so on and so forth. So say if he gets 5k Ki, then he can transform, Put some more points into his new/old attacks. ANd continue fighting. But if he gets hit and such he can go down in Ki, and acctualy de-transform. This also solves the problem with people in a game with like 80 kills that are maxed out in points and just jump around and kill people, cuss if he's not careful a noob could blast him, or he could use so much energy acctualy de-transform himself. Also when you die, ur points return to normal and you go back to your original Ki setting.

FLYING:

Using the force jump you already fly pretty high, so why not 1 Jump= just a jump, 2 jumps= floating/flying in air. But this flying greatly depletes ur Ki. Cuss sometimes people in the air flying around blasting people from way up top, and like hit and run is kinda stoopid, and boring. So yet again it kinda makes it fair.

PUNCHING AND KICKING:

Okay in the other dbz mods i played it was not fast enough, a kick took like 3 seconds to execute, which is lame. So i figured in most lightsaber battles people just flail around and jump back and forth and just slash at stuff. So why not take out the lightsaber, make punch and kick motions, and have people just run around flailing and punching and kicking everywhich way. Sound fun? I think so ;) Also the attacks would be modified versions of LIght Medium and Heavy attacks, Not to mention combos.

Light would be wicked fast, like the fights you see on dbz where they are like blurs. It does minimal damage over a long period of time.
Medium could be those attacks in mid stance where the fighters just do medium attacks, to throw them off guard and such
Strong would be wicked slow attacks that could land heavy damage and knock the appoinent back.

Also combos, if you can do crouch+forward+attack and do a uppercut with a lightsaber why not do it with a fist? The DFA could be some kinda of head pumel, and the Spinny whirly attacks could just be like a punch pulled back, and swung around deeling massave damage. Or maybe a round kick, or a sweep. Its possible.

POWERUPS:

Now the only power ups i propose are sensu beans, cuss with all that ki depletion if your about to run out just pop a sensu bean in ya mouth and ur ready to go. Other than that i see no other reasons for a power up.

Also if there is a trunks model, he should get a Sword( aka lightsaber) But it should be semi slow, and do low damage. Cuss we don't want a bunch of people with trunks spamming his Saber. Thats what Outcast FFa is for.

If possible maybe a Team FFa or FFA dbz, duel would be kinda kewl to watch also. You could include sounds for the players as well and dbz music, not to mention all your talented skinners and modelers would get to show ur stuff off( hint hint ).

Teleport would be easy, just a modification of speed. LIke it has a 5 second duration, so you can speed on, pop outta the way then speed off. But it takes alot of ki, so would only be used in emergencies, and people wouldn't be speeding around every 5 seconds getting in cheap kills.

Thats all i have at the moment, if i have any other ideas or my friend we will post again. PLz tell me if you like the ideas.
if you have any more suggestions or are willing to maybe try a hand at making the mod and would like more suggestions plz email me,

shwenlee@hotmail.com

Thank you for your time, and feel free to send me comments.
May the force be with you always ;)
 James
05-10-2002, 10:30 AM
Wasn't the DBZ Mod for Q3 (I think) ended because of copyright laws or something?
 ShwenLee
05-10-2002, 12:02 PM
From what i heard they got in trouble by funmation or whatever. But all they did was reskin the Bid For Power people and renamed the attacks. THough i do not know why they got introuble and the Half Life dbz mods did not. Seems kinda hypicritical maybe?
 Lucko Mabri
05-10-2002, 12:48 PM
DBZ IS SO CRAPPY. DONT RUIN JO BY MAKING DBZ MOD!
 James
05-10-2002, 2:28 PM
Yeah Lucko Mabri, giving the JK2 community variety will just ruin it.
 TuSKeN_RaiDeR
05-10-2002, 2:52 PM
Originally posted by Lucko Mabri
DBZ IS SO CRAPPY. DONT RUIN JO BY MAKING DBZ MOD!

Well i'm not a fan of DBZ myself, but if ya don't like it just don't download it!
 Lucko Mabri
05-10-2002, 3:11 PM
Well Spos So. But There Could Be Better Mods.
 Erliko
05-11-2002, 1:14 PM
I am a Starwars and DBZ fan and i bought Q3 for the Bid for Power mod. And YES, BfP WAS changed too a manga style game for copyright issues.. Q3 itself sucks (i am more a UT kinda guy) so there goes my money..

Cool thing in BfP: the ability to turn SuperSaiyan when your powerlevel reaches 1 million and on a custom made model i dowloaded from internet even SS4!
Anyway, are you going to (try to) inplant that in your mod?
 rachmike
05-11-2002, 4:45 PM
I am a huge DBZ fan and think it would be a great idea to make a mod
:bdroid2:
 ShwenLee
05-12-2002, 4:29 PM
Well it was just an idea, i couldn't make a mod. I'll leave that to those kewl people out there that create mods and we worship them.
But yes i did want to include the transformations, SSj etc etc. That went along with the if you got to a certain Ki lvl, you could use a modification of dark range, to transform ur self and speed, attack etc etc.
 Artic Blade
05-12-2002, 11:43 PM
one the whole, i think the transforming and such might get a little queer. but the kicking would be sweet, especially if it replaced throw as the saber alt fire.
you could of course remap throw to a key.

and this kick isnt like the backflip/kick that you use to knock people over, this would be a straight (or round about) kick. and more for stunning that damage.

because what happens when you combine kung-fu with lazer sword? a really awesome fight, thats what! or you get your foot cut off.
 _thr0ne_
05-13-2002, 10:31 PM
Well first off im a fan of both DBZ and star wars
but i think there are already too many dbz mods and such. How about a mod of anime like Ninja scroll or Cowboy Bebop. Im so sick of seeing anime trendy skins and mods. JKO altered the Q3 engine so there are so many options for mods..........originality is nice:evanpiel:
 __CKY__
05-14-2002, 12:02 AM
Im am alittle bit of a DBZ fan i only watch the DBZ Movies and Dragonball GT in Japanese with english subtitles cause english edited and uncut suck lol
 Pedantic
05-14-2002, 2:38 AM
DBZ...riiiiiight... :eek:
 Jerilian
05-18-2002, 5:12 PM
Im sick of ****ty mods. If youre going to do this, make it good, really good. Its a good idea if youre up to the hard work to go along with it. Youre gonna have to be dedicated as hell to pull it off. **** I like Jedi Knight just the way it is but it would be phat if someone made a mod that customized lightsabers and blurs and stuff like that and maybe throw in some different animations for flips and add kicks or something... new force powers would be awesome.
 editormg
05-21-2002, 2:45 AM
toons? wasnt there one of these for JKI? ewwww
 DiscoFever
05-22-2002, 4:18 AM
well imo opinion, DBZ sucks. It should have never been released onto the American market soooo many years after it finished in Japan. If you were going to go an Anime mod, do it on something else, as someone suggested, Cowboy Bebop. Now that would be a cool mod. Being Spike and Faye

**runs off into his dreamland**
 The Truthful Liar
06-01-2002, 2:21 PM
:thumbsup: I personally think it's an awesome idea, I havn't seen DBZ before (just a few times on tv) but the "Bid for Power" mod for Q3 was great!! (and looked great too!) I'm sure you'll find a good number of people to help you if you look in the right places. (hint: Ie the Q3 forums)

Cheers ;)

- man look at this mod just simply amazing, http://www.bidforpower.com/)
 AB_Fazer
06-04-2002, 12:44 AM
Hmmmm..

DBZ! How I used to love that show when I was a child! But ermm..I stoped watching it when they started repeating old episodes. baH! Lousy FOX and Cartoon Network! ;)
 delquar
06-13-2002, 6:19 AM
dont do it, it wont be to good, and will take up allot of time, no offence, i mean DBZ isn't horrible, but the one they made for Q3 was good, and you can find it with the DBZ gang (its much better) they did the best so far at it.

so no offence, but we dont need another one, try megaman (zero ya know) and maybe something midevil/maybe gundam even. main thing for mods in JO would be the sword fighting still being in it
 baby fett
06-14-2002, 4:29 AM
:cool: alright! rock on dude! that would be totally cool man. you should do it no matter what (unless theres another gay copyright thing:mad: ). dont listen to those other guys. they can be gay and not download it. do what YOU like. and you should add a trunks, cell, and that big pink boo guy.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

"I’m not restricted by the authority of your so-called Bounty Hunter’s Guild. I answer to a higher law."

:fett:
 DiscoFever
06-17-2002, 5:10 PM
lol, we are gay for not liking it?

bah, I for one am not interested in a childrens cartoon mod.

You should do it on an Anime series that has sword fights, as that would 0wn
 Bearsfannum1
06-19-2002, 3:33 PM
Hey DBZ is the S***!!! I'd bve glad to help you with some of the DBZ mod work.(i cant skin, make maps or mod, but i can come up with a great story line, script, and ideas!!!) Well if you are interested(i know i am) please e-mail me at Bearsfannum1@aol.com

Thanx,
Brandon :fett:
 __CKY__
06-19-2002, 4:14 PM
DBZ is cool but i wanna see a AKIRA mod :) DBZ is cool though id dl it for sure as long as Brolly is in it and Tapion lol
 The DarkVader
06-20-2002, 6:37 AM
I am a dbz fan but i just dont like the whole idea
 Arkule
06-21-2002, 12:29 AM
I'm an anime fan, but DBZ just isn't a very good anime. I would suggest Rurouni Kenshin, Vampire Hunter D, or Noir. Kenshin and D both use swords, and with the lightsaber, it wouldn't be too hard to make. Noir would probably be better modded with SOFII....
Maybe an anime mix. include things from various anime, might be more fun.
 Little Red Riding Hood
06-23-2002, 4:02 PM
DBZ??? What's that? But anyway it sounds like a BAD idea. Don't go mix JK2 with other things. They have nothing to do with JK2/ Star Wars. Only Star Wars should be allowed in the game.

People that wanna mix SW and ... things ... S****!!!:mad:
 wisealma
06-24-2002, 2:00 AM
Great Idea guys,

I would love to see SW fans broaden their horizons and see the fun in a mod like this. The game engine and code already provide moders with some serious firepower. I love the idea of a DBZ Mod
Page: 1 of 1