Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

After New PATCH MP can find NO servers!

Page: 1 of 1
 JediLove
05-09-2002, 11:14 PM
I have downloaded the patch
and it is not able to detect any servers.

I try to get a new list or refresh the list, and NOTHING.
No servers are showing up. I noticed that there are some people out there that are having the same problem.

Can anyone help me? Does anyone know why this is happening?

I thought maybe it was my firewall, but I don't think it is. I have the jk2.exe set to Permit all on my firewall.

Help me Obi-Wan, you're my only hope.
 Usurper
05-09-2002, 11:42 PM
Just out of curiousity, you did change the setting from "Local" to "Internet" right?
 Cursim Mortis
05-10-2002, 12:44 AM
I'm having the EXACT same problem, disabled my Firewall and everything (I thought it was my firewall too). And yes, I made sure it was on Internet and not Local.

If this is a genuine problem, I hope raven releases an emergency patch or something because I NEED to play! :)

If anyone has a fix, please post it here, I'm desparate!
Thanks!!

Cursim
 JediLove
05-10-2002, 1:00 AM
Yes, I had it on INTERNET and NOT Local.

It just doesn't seem to work. I hope Raven can find out why some of us are having this problem.

I really want to play. I tried a "system restore" so that my computer goes back to the way it was before I installed the New Patch, just so I can play the old version.
BUT GUESS WHAT?!?!?!
It totally messed up the game because I won't even load. It would load up to a pure White screen and just freeze there.
So, i had to Install the New Patch again.

And still no servers!! ;o(

I appreciate any help, and so will those of us who has this problem. Thanx
 dan-o2
05-10-2002, 1:05 AM
Try the "Get new list" button?
 JediLove
05-10-2002, 1:23 AM
It won't work.

It searches and searches and finds nothing!
No servers.

;o(

I want to play already. *sigh*
 steeef
05-10-2002, 1:27 AM
your best bet is to download a server browser, like all-seeing eye or gamespy arcade. i use the latter and i have no problems finding servers.
 Stealth_Shot
05-10-2002, 1:56 AM
have you tried uninstalling the whole game and then reinstalling then patching again? that solves many a porblem
 dan-o2
05-10-2002, 1:58 AM
Originally posted by Stealth_Shot
have you tried uninstalling the whole game and then reinstalling then patching again? that solves many a porblem

I was just about to suggest that. It seems to be the only solution as far as I can see. Maybe call tech support or something...
 JediLove
05-11-2002, 12:00 AM
thanx guys, i will try.
 BlackDove
05-11-2002, 12:03 AM
Ahh yes, for the superfly people who have a lot of mods and skins etc. I suggest that you "remove them" together with your game and reinstall the game (it's not hard, you all have the original RIIIIIIGHT?) ;). I was getting the "can't process parse packet enteties", and amusing stuff like that...
 Galadrielle
05-11-2002, 3:20 AM
I am having the same problem: It always says "getting server list" or something like that, and it never comes up with a list. Hope someone figures out what's wrong here. :(
 Darkling19
05-11-2002, 7:11 AM
i had that problem to, mind you if you look in the top left corner there are 2 buttons, one says something like refresh list and the other says new list.

"get new list" worked fine for me, so check if you're looking on the internet and get a new list
 Orangina_Rouge
05-11-2002, 10:55 AM
U know why u don t get list ??
That s coz everyone put 1.02 back on their servers :D
 Galadrielle
05-11-2002, 5:18 PM
It's working now.. don't ask me why. I switched between "Internet" and "Local" a couple of times, and finally it started bringing up a list. Go figure. :)
 JediLove
05-12-2002, 10:58 PM
You switched from Local to Internet a few times and it worked????

Hmmmmmm...

When u switched, did u have to click "get new list" again??

and i wanted to know, if you have DSL, would that be under ISDN, or CABLE?

thanx

P.S I still can't get servers. I didn't try the uninstall thing yet.
Would copying the GAMEDATA directory from CD to the computer count as installing the game again??
 Aziraphale
05-13-2002, 1:20 PM
I had the exact same problem, and a couple of other people did too.. But it might not be "you" ... for instance, one night me and this fella tried it, before not getting any results and it just worked for no apparent reason.
Then the next day or two, tried to get a new list and it wouldn't. *shrug* its very strange.

I think its either a LAN problem, or the cable company you're with. To tell you the truth i don't see why its like that, but NTL over here don't like computers connecting to the internet through a LAN on a cable modem, of which i have. And i can't think of anything else. :jawa
 SDStarCast
05-13-2002, 2:12 PM
I have the same problem. Reinstalled, nothing. Tried using my dial-up account, nothing.
 Purple Monkey
05-13-2002, 4:32 PM
Sounds like the game tracker gets over loaded with requsts as its happend to me a couple of times with RtCW, probably the way Q3 works.
 SDStarCast
05-13-2002, 7:28 PM
I have also tried gamespy arcade and no luck. Just get "awaiting connection"
Page: 1 of 1