Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Brightness won't change/Settings won't save

Page: 1 of 1
 Deck
05-09-2002, 3:09 PM
I can't change my brightness in JK2. The brightness bar line will move, but there will be no effect in game or in the menu. At present, the brightness the game is stuck at is too dark to play.

In addition, no settings are retained when I leave the game. Customized controls and display options (including brightness) are back to default when I restart.

Any ideas?

~D

Athlon 800
Asus K7M
Voodoo 5500 using Voodoo series XP drivers and WickedGL
20gig Quantum HD
256 megs RAM
40x CD
SB Live 5.1
 teleguy
05-09-2002, 3:22 PM
I can't change my brightness in JK2. The brightness bar line will move, but there will be no effect in game or in the menu. At present, the brightness the game is stuck at is too dark to play.
Thats a common problem with Win XP. You can find help here:
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=51444)

In addition, no settings are retained when I leave the game. Customized controls and display options (including brightness) are back to default when I restart.
Thats probably because you use the safemode shortcuts in your startmenu.
 Norvolt
05-09-2002, 6:25 PM
First look for r_ignorehwgamma in jk2config.cfg/jk2mpconfig . It should be set to 1 ( 0 disables the gamma slider in setup ).

You can also try these commands:
r_gamma "x" ( 1 is default, setting it higher will increase brightness)
r_ext_gamma_control ( ?? )
 -intolerance
05-17-2002, 11:40 PM
DoooooooooooD! you fixed my problem! thx man :D
Page: 1 of 1