Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Jedi vs Merc server UP NOW!!(Dismemberment too!)

Page: 4 of 5
 [JHQ]Inty
07-07-2002, 9:27 AM
server is down :(

when's it going back up
 defalc
07-07-2002, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by [JHQ]Inty
compared to the advantages jedi have over mercs I don't think the grappling hook is a big deal. Leave it un-nerfed.
So it's alright for Mercs to hook up to otherwise unreachable locations and snipe people, throw explosives etc, where the Jedi have no way of hitting them aside sabre throw? Heck no. Don't nerf it, balance it.
 Lord Nodata
07-07-2002, 12:11 PM
Server will be up MONDAY. Sorry, there was a power outage at the machine's location and won't be back in the office to reboot until Monday...:(
 Bluezman
07-07-2002, 6:38 PM
Had fun on the server the other day. I was playing as a Wookie Jedi called Nam-Ze Ulb. Real nice situation on Bespin Streets, where a couple of Mercs grouped on the roof of a building to the left side of the landing Pad, giving all the saber wielders a hard time. I jumped there and pushed them over the edge. :D

I especially like about the server that can do these things that in a saber only server would be considered lame... :D

So great job there, Chaff, keep it up...
 Gandel
07-08-2002, 3:24 AM
Chaff you lazy biznatch get on Aim without the away mesage :p :duel:
 [JHQ]Inty
07-08-2002, 4:38 AM
Originally posted by defalc

So it's alright for Mercs to hook up to otherwise unreachable locations and snipe people, throw explosives etc, where the Jedi have no way of hitting them aside sabre throw? Heck no. Don't nerf it, balance it.

YES. Jedi have force powers, they can kill mercs with one/two saber strikes, and half of our firepower can be blocked. Besides, there aren't that many levels where mercs can grapple to the point where they are unreachable.
 defalc
07-08-2002, 8:40 AM
Originally posted by [JHQ]Inty
YES. Jedi have force powers, they can kill mercs with one/two saber strikes, and half of our firepower can be blocked. Besides, there aren't that many levels where mercs can grapple to the point where they are unreachable.
Erm, hello? Bespin Streets, Bespin Exhast shafts, Nar Shadda Streets, Nar Shadda Garbage Compactor, Waring Factions, Episode 1: Duel of the Fates. The mercs can grapple to unreachable places there, and to an extent they can on the Yavin CTF level.
1 or 2 sabre strikes in HEAVY stance. While swining, we get shot, quite simple, and I'ev seen mercs play very effectively using e-11's, which are blockable.
 Gandel
07-08-2002, 9:03 AM
Im with Defalcon on this one. I believe the Grapple should be limited. and thats coming from someone who has been spending the last 2 weeks or so mainly as a Merc.. Lemmi tell you this though , Grapple isnt everything for a merc, anyone who played a Merc before it was added , will tell you , they were still badass. only difference is now they can take 2 Jedi (or 3!) Solo. thats why it needs to be balanced. you think Jedi's and Siths enjoy having to use Saber throw as their main attack? I dont know about you , but I sure as hell dont..

and I can name a TON of unreachable spots they can get up to

Bespin_shafts , (Up above the pipes) Bespin City (hook onto the walls) Nar Shaada streets , (the so called sky) Nar shaada hideout (the roof) Warring factions (omg plenty a places here.) Duel of Fates (wayyyyy up high on the walls) and other places. imo the Grapple hook was ment to allow mercs to get around easier. not to latch onto a wall and sit there and Snipe the hell outta people with a disruptor. :mob: :slsaber: :saberg: :saberb: :saberr: :ion:
 Lord Nodata
07-08-2002, 11:11 AM
I think the grappling hook needs these changes:

1. There should be a delay in the time you can fire it repeatedly. Like maybe 3secs.

2. It should only STAY connected to the wall for about 5 secs at a time.
 Gandel
07-09-2002, 12:30 AM
seems it wont be up till tuesday, doh!
 [JHQ]Inty
07-09-2002, 2:59 AM
DAMNIT :mad:

you promised :(
 Gandel
07-09-2002, 9:27 PM
Servers up :) sign on and have fun :mob: :lsduel: :duel: :evil5:
 defalc
07-10-2002, 12:07 AM
Problem there - only 8 slots! Make more. =P
 Joben
07-10-2002, 4:32 AM
what is the ip adress of the server? JO has crappy sorting/filters?
 Lord Nodata
07-10-2002, 4:38 AM
Originally posted by defalc
Problem there - only 8 slots! Make more. =P

Fixed, there should be about 12 slots free. GO PLAY!

oh and the ip is: 198.49.215.90
 HellFyre69
07-10-2002, 5:28 AM
this might have been ask before... but i dun wanna read the whole thing just to find this out

where is this server located at? thx
 Gandel
07-10-2002, 5:50 AM
IP is in my sig. if you ever want it just check there.
and I believe the server is located on the east coast somewhere. you'll have to ask Chaff as I forget where hes from :) maybe Alabama or something :p
 DiscoFever
07-10-2002, 8:16 AM
I have a problem. Everytime I try to connect, it gets up to the part where I choose to be a Jedi or not, then it disconnects, and says Unable to connect.

I have Allow Downloads on aswell..

can someone please help me?
 Gandel
07-10-2002, 1:19 PM
hmm weird. do you have the 1.03 patch? and it may have been a random glitch , its been known to happen when the server gets reset or other things. but I dunno I wasn't on much today.
 DiscoFever
07-10-2002, 1:27 PM
I got it working, my program said auto download was on even though it wasn't...

but it's all good now

GO MERCS!
 Lord Nodata
07-10-2002, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by Gandel
IP is in my sig. if you ever want it just check there.
and I believe the server is located on the east coast somewhere. you'll have to ask Chaff as I forget where hes from :) maybe Alabama or something :p

ALABAMA!!??? HELL NO!

I'm from Memphis TN! heh

The server is in Mississippi though.:D
 Gandel
07-11-2002, 7:07 AM
Chaff Check your pms.
 defalc
07-11-2002, 10:22 AM
Woohoo! You're gonna have to update the server and the mod, but 1.04 comes out tommorow! :D So you won't need 1.03a

If the grappling mod requires changes due to the patch, I suggest implementing Tchouchky's scaling mod. Thus, when Yoda comes out the server will be ready for it, plus, people can have RGB sabres.
Although you might wanna disable the double bladed lightsabre and the extended length sabres. :)
 Lord Nodata
07-11-2002, 9:55 PM
1.04 coming out! That's GREAT news! But I dunno how long it will take to get the Grapple mod fixed for it. :(

At any rate, we'll probably upgrade and run Jedi vs Merc vs Sith, but no grapple until we can get fixed. w00t!
 Gandel
07-12-2002, 3:01 AM
welp im outta action it seems. if you want the reason you can PM me or e-mail me. wont mention it in this thread.
 Lord Nodata
07-12-2002, 4:53 AM
Ok the server is up and it's patched with 1.04. YOu'lll need 1.04 to play on it now. Also the grapple mod is down till we make the 1.04 changes to it (or ASK does it for us)...cya there!:D
 defalc
07-12-2002, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by Lord Nodata
Ok the server is up and it's patched with 1.04. YOu'lll need 1.04 to play on it now. Also the grapple mod is down till we make the 1.04 changes to it (or ASK does it for us)...cya there!:D
So, you did PATCH the server as well as getting the dedicated server binaries? Cause alot of servers only get the binaries and forget the patch, meaning it still plays like 1.03
Add JarJar! :D
EDIT: I just noticed something. Whenever I tried to join, I got 'Server DIsconnected'. So I enabled downloads, and lo and behold, I was required to download the 1.03aSDK. Shouldn't that have been REMOVED with the advent of 1.04?
Half of the servers aren't patched properly, this server, nobody can connect to this one because they don't think to enable downloads (not that they should have to anyway) and the others are for low pings only. :(
 Gandel
07-13-2002, 5:26 AM
Bump for the sake of bumping
 Lord Nodata
07-13-2002, 10:58 PM
It's patched correctly and is up and running. However grapple is not on it still. :(
 Vange|us
07-14-2002, 4:34 AM
Man...I gotta thank you for putting this server up. I've not had good times like this in a while.

Last night there's me, the Merc, against 1 Sith and 1 Jedi. I pissed off the Sith, so I ran away. In a staircase corridor, I dropped 4 remote mines and prepared to run away so I'd detonate them under my Sith pursuer, until I ran smack into the Jedi. So I retreated across my mines, where I nearly ran straight into the Sith. So we're at a standstill. I'm between a Sith and a Jedi, standing on a pile of mines. That moment was beautiful. :D
 Gandel
07-14-2002, 10:17 PM
bump bump bumpity bump
 Gandel
07-15-2002, 4:48 PM
im back in action :) hope ya'll didnt miss me.

Rarrr server down . please fix!
 mythren
07-16-2002, 2:10 AM
Mythren enters the room with a dazed, sort of humble look about him. He sits himself in a corner, takes a drink of the steaming liquid already on the table, and looks directly at you. Immediatly you know that this man knows more than you could possibly imagine (bear with me :D)...

He looks away from you, directly at the creators of this server (hope that wasn't you in the first place...if it was, he keeps on looking right at you) and says in a rugged - yet gentle - tone, "Thank you, you have given my life new meaning."

:D :D :D

I've played Jedi vs Sith vs Merc before...but none so appaling as this server...congratulations.
 Gandel
07-17-2002, 5:23 PM
check PM's Nodata
 Lord Nodata
07-17-2002, 9:17 PM
Some of you already know that the ERU team (of which I am a member) is working on a mod for JediOutcast called Jedifortress. Well...the site for the mod has moved to:

www.3dap.com/jediknight/jedifortress)

This is GREAT because we're on the gamespy network now, and we'll have the means to distribute the mod quite efficiently. Update your links!:D
 Lord Nodata
07-17-2002, 9:35 PM
the server is going to be down for a bit today (we're finally going to get that crashing problem solved or DIE TRYING!) So...expect delays? ;)

In other news...we'll PROBABLY implement the Jedi mod today. (The recently released one)
 raziel_spawn69
07-17-2002, 10:15 PM
hey so let me get this straight... the jedi mod where u get 2 sabres on certain styles and shiznits? that wuld be piMp|n my dogs werd yo in da house PEACE...

*slaps self with burning spatula and burns all facial hare off on purpose to make up for quereness*

so, where were we?

o ya if thats the mods its cool and also am I to understand ( or fail to ) that its just ffa right now with sith vs jedi vs merc? that suxxors

*repeats slap+burn procedure*

that mod on da web of the page looks l337 and i WAAAANNT IT but hey, i gatta wait...

P.S. will the yoda model actualy be hard to hit? imagine how much it would rule 4 yoda and suxxors for everyone else if u could only hit him looking down?
 mythren
07-17-2002, 10:22 PM
I've been playing JK2 HARD on this server, and if it updates to the JediMod it'll just plain rock!

Quick question though - is there any guestimation (that's right...guestimation ) on when the grappling hook will be back? I don't play a merc (Jedi all the way :) ), but some of the mercs that play there don't read the forums, and asked me to convey they're sorrow at the loss of grapplehookness...
 Lord Nodata
07-17-2002, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by raziel_spawn69
hey so let me get this straight... the jedi mod where u get 2 sabres on certain styles and shiznits?

Yes that mod.

that its just ffa right now with sith vs jedi vs merc? that suxxors

It's on FFA because it's the only mode where you can SIMULATE 3 teams fighting each other.

that mod on da web of the page looks l337 and i WAAAANNT IT but hey, i gatta wait...

P.S. will the yoda model actualy be hard to hit? imagine how much it would rule 4 yoda and suxxors for everyone else if u could only hit him looking down?

Ask this HERE (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=64805) And I'll answer you. :D
 Lord Nodata
07-17-2002, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by mythren
Quick question though - is there any guestimation (that's right...guestimation ) on when the grappling hook will be back? I don't play a merc (Jedi all the way :) ), but some of the mercs that play there don't read the forums, and asked me to convey they're sorrow at the loss of grapplehookness...

Well, since we're implementing the Jedi mod, the grapple will be delayed until we can get the source for the Jedi mod. If we get the source to it, we'll just add the source from the grapple mod to it and biggity bam...:D
 Gandel
07-18-2002, 2:58 AM
time to update your favorites guys. IP has changed. heres the IP address : 192.49.215.125
 Lord Nodata
07-18-2002, 3:05 AM
the IP addy of the server has changed to 198.49.215.125 !!!!

Please update your server lists! thanks!
 mythren
07-18-2002, 3:50 AM
raziel, don't worry...nobody on this server really !@#$'s around with the rules, because if they do, we kick them. (I say we as in the players...I've more than once called a vote on a Jedi that was killing other Jedi's and yelling "itz ffa u fag u kill everyone!" and stuff...they got booted :) ). The rules are followed, and it's a ton of a fun (it's JUST like playing with 3 teams...)

Nodata...please - please - please tell me that, along with Sith only using Red Sabers, Sith can only use Double-Bladed sabers (Lightstaves), and that Jedi can only use 2 Sabers :).
 Lord Nodata
07-18-2002, 4:14 AM
Originally posted by mythren
Nodata...please - please - please tell me that, along with Sith only using Red Sabers, Sith can only use Double-Bladed sabers (Lightstaves), and that Jedi can only use 2 Sabers :).

Not yet, but in the Jedi Fortress mod, that WILL be the case.
 mythren
07-18-2002, 6:03 AM
We could try to enforce it heh...I mean with the JediMod (if, in fact, you're applying it) then anyone with a saber would be able to use double/dual sabers, right? Just ask Sith to only use single or double bladed, and ask Jedi to use only a Single saber or two sabers....

Just an idea...:)
 Gandel
07-18-2002, 11:32 AM
amazing , I Just suggested that to him Mythren ;)
 mythren
07-18-2002, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Gandel
amazing , I Just suggested that to him Mythren ;)

*ahems* Woohoo!

BTW: What's the new IP to the server? Nodata states it as being 198.blahblah.125

You (Gandel) state it as 192.blahblah.125

So...confused...hurting...bad....
 Gandel
07-18-2002, 9:27 PM
Nodata is accurate. I mess up :p
 mythren
07-18-2002, 9:46 PM
Alrighty, thanks!

Also, Gandel - you might wanna change your sig to reflect the new IP :).
 Gandel
07-18-2002, 10:16 PM
I have no idea what your talking about ;) :p :burst1:
Page: 4 of 5