Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

1.03 patch weirdness

Page: 1 of 1
 RKO6
05-08-2002, 3:00 AM
After installing the new patch last night, i ran the game, and i noticed that some of the character models, like Jan or stormtroopers were black looking and with white spots, i uninstalled the game to get rid of the patch and it corrected it.

I have no idea what caused this, except the patch.Im using the newest ge force drivers from geforce.com.I was thinking maybe the latest drivers dont sit too well with the the new patch.

Anyone have any idea what could be causing this?Maybe i should go back to the 23.11 ge force drivers.
 DirkBelig
05-08-2002, 4:08 AM
I had the same thing happen. It WAS running fine on my GF4Ti4400 with the latest OFFICIAL 28.32 drivers and after I ran the patch, Jan looked like she'd been turned inside-out and replaced with monkey skin!!! Her torso was mostly grey and it looked f*cked up!! (This was loading a saved game, too.)

I decided to start a new game and this time, Jan looked fine, but the sky turned that pale lemo yellow that's been referred to in the threads about 23.11 driver compatability and FSAA doesn't seem to work anymore.

I checked Q3A and that looks fine and everything works. What gives?
 DirkBelig
05-08-2002, 4:26 AM
Oh, this just gets better!!! I started a new game just now and now the models frequently disintegrate, stretch into pyramids and do other wacky things as they move around and you move in relation to them. Ghastly!!

Should I just reinstall and skip this patch?
 RKO6
05-08-2002, 6:49 AM
Glad to see im not the only one experiencing these problems.I tried going back to a previous ge force driver tonight , it didnt seem to make a difference.Still the same weird looking character models now.I notice its either the stormtroopers looking all black with bits of white or Jan looking all black and funky looking.

I decided to uninstall the game and get rid of the patch.Looks normal without it.I hope someone at Raven look into this, as now i cant play multiplayer properly without this patch.

Thanks for responding guys! Let me know if you fix it
 SAFC_Nut
05-08-2002, 8:13 AM
I've had a problem too with the patch. I updated it and read the readme file, it said to play online a multiplayer players must use this patch.

So i wasted no time and installed it. I ran the game, connected to a server, and then bang once it gets to 'awaiting snapshot' the game crashes back to the main menu and gives me an error message of 'parspacket....' can't remember it cos i've now uninstalled an reinstalled the game to get the 1.02a version back.

Anyone now why this happens?

TIA
 Swifty
05-08-2002, 8:48 AM
With the patch, whenever I try using EAX on my Audigy, the MP game locks up, gotta totally reset the PC. SP is fine.

(Note- my video is using Radeon, and no probs so far).
 ultralightning
05-08-2002, 4:05 PM
whoah.. i thought i was the only ATI guy that had problems with the 1.03 patch.. i used a good ol rage 128 pro... and well.. the stupid thing freezes in MP mode... which is like wat i play alot.....

i think the patch is broken.... wait until lucasarts releases a new patch
 DrDespair
05-08-2002, 6:28 PM
I installed the patch and all the shadows went hay wire.. I could see model shadows throught the roof behind walls and such, plus all the objects were blinking almost like what happens when you overclock. I uninstall the whole thing.. reinstalled without the patch.. and no problems.. I know that GF4 is not officialy supported.. but I hope they fix the bug as soon as they can!
 RKO6
05-08-2002, 7:42 PM
Hmm perhaps that server is running the unpatched game?I hope to god Lucasarts fixes these patch problems, the graphical bugs etc.I went back to my original install last night, its not worth playing multiplayer if you get all kinds of graphical bugs caused by a patch.
 Demolisher
05-09-2002, 2:12 PM
So far, I'm getting all the lights in Nar Shaddaa flickering, but I'm sure I'll end up finding more bugs :mad:

1.6 Ghz Ahtlon XP
64 Mb GeForce 2 MX with 23.11 drivers
256 Mb RAM
DirectX 8.1
Win 98 SE

I hope Raven checks this forum too and not just the Valley forum
 Outlaw
05-09-2002, 9:41 PM
I installed the patch the other night and at first was pleased in the improvements in sound. Then I noticed weird problems in various single player levels. Example, no visible rain or fog in the swamp levels. I then learned if you start the levels at the begining where you see a cutscene first, then they seem to work fine for me. Then just re-save from there. The old save games just don't always work right with the patch. This fact should have been mentioned in the patch readme file.
 pazza172
05-10-2002, 3:56 PM
Hey guys,

I have the exact same problem as mentioned above, however the multiplayer part of the game works fine. Has anyone come up with a solution yet??
 daddy-o
05-13-2002, 8:10 PM
Same problem here as Dirk! Great description! Inside out Jan... bizarre.
I also had to uninstall the 1.03 patch.
I'm running a GeForce2 Ti....2832 driver.... in case someone with the power to create another patch is monitoring. And I sure hope they are.....
 RedWolf4000
05-14-2002, 6:48 PM
I'm running an ATI Radeon 7500, and im having the inside out problems too, i just updated the patch when my friend let me have his old card, the 7500, and im now relieved its not the card. This is unreal. The game has alot of nice new things but who ever heard of the latest update patch making the graphics worse, woo-hoo. I was just playing single player now and saw a Phycadelic Lando in bright whites greys and glowing mint. nice patch, lets hope somthing comes around to fix it.
Page: 1 of 1