Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

ATI 8500 issues

Page: 1 of 1
 rliu1
05-08-2002, 1:06 AM
I couldn't search in the forum so I don't know if this was posted before, but here it goes.

I recently purchased Jedi Knight 2. I have a P4 1.7 with an ATI 8500. Can someone tell me the settings so that I don't get those annoying artifacts when I'm playing the game. For example, when I am on the main menu and the light gets brighter, I get huge blocks of unwanted artifacts. When I'm playing the game and am moving around, there are places all over the screen that have blips of the same video artifacts: unwanted blotches that seem to be the video card attempting to update the screen. The problem does not seem to go away when I progress further into the game.

I would love to enjoy this game, but these graphic problems are killing me. If anyone can help me out, that would be great.
 Swifty
05-08-2002, 2:26 PM
I have an 8500 with no problems. I'm using the WinXP 6043 drivers. The only thing I turned off was the shadows. Colours are 32bit at 1024x768. I also have vsync ON, and turned up the cg_maxfps to 200.
 rliu1
05-08-2002, 3:29 PM
I'll post more details on computer settings later on today, but as far as I can remember:

P4 1.7
1 Gb RAM
Windows 2000 Pro with all the patches (including DirectX 8.1)
SB Audigy Gamer
ATI 8500 retail box
ATI driver 7.68-020313M-003196C

I haven't tried upgrading to XP Pro yet because I haven't backed up my data yet. Before I do that, does anyone with Windows 2000 Pro have Jedi Knight 2 working with an ATI 8500?
Page: 1 of 1