Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Still crashing after patch

Page: 1 of 1
 jasho
05-07-2002, 10:06 PM
I installed the 1.03 patch and I am still locking up. I get the "jk2sp.exe has...error" and the high gamma just like before. Is anyone else still having this issue? Since the last freezing thread is 11 pages long and before the patch, I thought this thread could be for those who still have problems after patching.
 hack
05-09-2002, 1:57 AM
I was not having any problems before the patch but now I have the same thing happening as Jasho. :confused: But I noticed that my saber is shorter and shows a light outline of how it used to look like.
 Demolisher
05-09-2002, 2:07 PM
The game still freezes, and some levels flicker like Nar Shaddaa in single player for me.
 Simon B
05-09-2002, 3:27 PM
Originally posted by Demolisher
The game still freezes, and some levels flicker like Nar Shaddaa in single player for me.
For me, some saved games (saved from before I applied the patch) cause flickering and some don't, even though they are saved in the same level/location :confused: ?

Other than that, I was playing OK last night.
 jasho
05-09-2002, 8:48 PM
I get flickering texture when playing a previous version savegame. If I start a new campaign with this version, then everything is okay. Maybe this will help you guys.
 hack
05-17-2002, 9:43 PM
Thanks, I'll try it. I disabled the GL Extensions and the game has not crashed since. Just a little FYI.
 skitch21
06-04-2002, 3:08 PM
i get the error also ... i tweaked the cfg file and changed soundmegs from 24 to 32 and this helped a lot... but i just crashed for the first time in 2 days ... b4 it was all the time.. could barely get in a server w/ out crashing... still needs help!!!
 Red-3
06-04-2002, 8:38 PM
I've upgraded and it's still crashing. If anything I think it's worse. I at least could have the odd fairly long game session before.:confused:
 Avernus
06-05-2002, 4:00 AM
The patch doesn't actually address or fix the freezing problems with the game.
So the situation with the freezing issues is unchanged, ie: Raven turns a blind eye.
 rpeAMP
06-07-2002, 3:29 PM
Originally posted by jasho
I installed the 1.03 patch and I am still locking up. I get the "jk2sp.exe has...error" and the high gamma just like before. Is anyone else still having this issue? Since the last freezing thread is 11 pages long and before the patch, I thought this thread could be for those who still have problems after patching.

Are you running Win2000? I am and have the exact same problems. It does it with RTCW as well. What motherboard do you have?
 Longtom
06-10-2002, 1:38 AM
I had problems with jk2 locking up. It appeared to be an opengl problem. I installed the latest nVidia drivers and all was well. Not a single problem since. And i didn't have to down grade the gfx to 16 bit.
 Raven_Xwing
06-11-2002, 1:16 AM
my game is freezing to seems like after 1,3 patch also seems like only in multi-player after about 5 minutes of playing!
Page: 1 of 1