Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

yoda........ with a lightsaber

Page: 1 of 1
 JEDI_MASTA
08-26-2001, 10:15 AM
spoiler warning

i read somewhere that in e2 yoda would fight with his lightsaber if this is true what do u think it will look like....... i imagine a floating yoda with a lightsaber killing millions of storm troopers without even breaking a sweat :yoda: :saberg: :trooper: :trooper: :trooper: :trooper: :trooper:
 God
08-26-2001, 10:22 AM
never heard anything about it. i'll look into it.
 JEDI_MASTA
08-26-2001, 10:27 AM
think it was in the sw insider like along time ago just after the script was done .... but that would still be awesome
 Boba Rhett
08-26-2001, 2:09 PM
In the future don't forget to put spoiler warnings before Episode II info. :)

"Example"

****Spoiler Warning****
Yes, Yoda does fight in the next one. He fights Count Dooku, "totally mops the floor with him I might add".
 JEDI_MASTA
08-26-2001, 2:25 PM
cool man
 darthfergie
08-26-2001, 2:26 PM
(book Warning :D )
ready...
set...
go...
If you remeber from the Darth Maul book the woman padawan(what is her name?) says that Yoda took on some council memebers and none of them could even lay a hand on him.
:evanpiel: ==darn missed him==:yoda: rehrehrehreh...
 JEDI_MASTA
08-26-2001, 2:48 PM
spoiler warning

ok so i agree yoda is going to mop the floor with whoever he fights i mean he is just so i mean yoda:yoda: he is the greatest jedi master ever but i wanna see how he fight thats going to look funny with a short dude like yoda with a light saber and kicking the crap out of everybody sweeeeet
 darthfergie
08-26-2001, 3:02 PM
spoiler warning...
(well you get it)

Yeah it will be so awesome to see that. Yoda zipping along and WAM CLASH BANG WOMP....:yoda: :saberg: vs. :saberr: :vadar:
 Wicket
08-26-2001, 3:35 PM
it wouldnt be star wars with out :yoda:
 JEDI_MASTA
08-26-2001, 3:42 PM
darth vs yoda cool scenario
 Darth_Rommel
08-26-2001, 3:51 PM
I don't think he is gonna be doing flips/twirling his sabre etc... He is gonna use the force, much more than his sabre... ;)
 Compa_Mighty
08-26-2001, 4:29 PM
Originally posted by darthfergie
(book Warning :D )
ready...
set...
go...
If you remeber from the Darth Maul book the woman padawan(what is her name?) says that Yoda took on some council memebers and none of them could even lay a hand on him.
:evanpiel: ==darn missed him==:yoda: rehrehrehreh...

What Darth Maul book?
 darthfergie
08-26-2001, 4:44 PM
Originally posted by Compa_Mighty

What Darth Maul book?

Darth Maul Shadow Hunter...good book. LOADS ofdark side force powers in there. Get to see into the mind of Darth Maul:dmaul3:
 Compa_Mighty
08-26-2001, 5:05 PM
mmm... haven't seen it, how old is it?
 darthfergie
08-26-2001, 5:13 PM
Not very...a month or two maybe. It is by...Micheal Reaves
 Compa_Mighty
08-26-2001, 5:15 PM
Ok, thanks... I'll look for it.
 Darth_Rommel
08-26-2001, 5:29 PM
I thought is was okay... It's hard to get into, you know... I had trouble staying awake at first... but later in the book, it's alot better: RATING= 8/10- Get it NOW! ;)
 Kvan
08-26-2001, 10:54 PM
You guys don't have to put that Spoiler warning in every post you make here. Only the Thread needs to have a spoiler :)
So does Yoda use one or Two lightsabers? I've heard he uses two but I've also heard one, so which is it :confused:
 xwing guy
08-27-2001, 8:39 AM
In the EP1 visual dictionary it says that Yoda has one special lightsaber with a shorter handle on it than other lightsabers.
 Paragon_Leon
08-27-2001, 9:10 AM
i reckon we'll see Yoda fight in much the same way we saw Kenobi fight in A New Hope. After all, who would have thought an old man like him could take on Vader ? Yet he did. It won't be incredibly fancy if i think about it, but it will be a lightsaber-fight nonetheless. i hope.
 Kvan
08-27-2001, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Paragon_Leon
i reckon we'll see Yoda fight in much the same way we saw Kenobi fight in A New Hope. After all, who would have thought an old man like him could take on Vader ? Yet he did. It won't be incredibly fancy if i think about it, but it will be a lightsaber-fight nonetheless. i hope.
For some reason I think that Yoda is going to be doing a lot of wacky moves; like rolling and slashing. I hope he doesn't! I hope it's like a classic fight, like Vader and Obi-wan, but I fear it's not going to be like that :(
 Darth Goku
08-27-2001, 12:23 PM
I wonder if Jim Henson ever thought his Muppets would be doing flips like a Jedi or wielding a sabre. I remember the hubbub about Kermit the Frog riding a bike. I think the puppeteering behind it will be very interesting to see.

BTW: Frank Oz is a MASTUH..
 Boba Rhett
08-27-2001, 12:49 PM
Err... For the most part, Yoda's computer generated in AotC. :p
 JEDI_MASTA
08-27-2001, 12:57 PM
ouch a guy who has a light saber lots of force powers and he isnt even really there ouch:D
 Kvan
08-27-2001, 1:47 PM
Anyone know what color his saber will be? I'm hoping for gold! :)
BTW Jedi_Masta clean out your PM box, the messages you've sent and recieved. I can't send you any messages until you do :)
 JEDI_MASTA
08-27-2001, 1:53 PM
ok kvan
 Tie Guy
08-27-2001, 1:54 PM
I think it will probably be green, i've never seen a gold saber before.

I wonder if you can make hot pink ones. :D
 Kvan
08-27-2001, 1:56 PM
Originally posted by Tie Guy
I think it will probably be green, i've never seen a gold saber before.

I wonder if you can make hot pink ones. :D
Well Plo Koon wields a Gold one, Mace has a Purple one, I think a green one for Yoda would clash with his green skin too much :)
 madperm
08-27-2001, 2:02 PM
i think maybe yoda fights in episode two but he probably does'nt even need to use a light saber :p
 JEDI_MASTA
08-27-2001, 2:05 PM
ok man i think yoda should have a gold saber notgreen because most jedis have there own color and green would copy lukes :D
dont i feeel special i thought of that all by myself;)
 Tie Guy
08-27-2001, 2:25 PM
Plos saber was yellow, not gold. Gold is more metallic looking, and it is shinier than yellow. His was just yellow that was little bit deeper than normal.

Anyways, Masta, that's why i siad he could have a hot pink one, i wasn't joking ;)

Green would look cool to me, and if anything, it would blend in, not clash.
 Kvan
08-27-2001, 2:29 PM
Originally posted by Tie Guy
Plos saber was yellow, not gold. Gold is more metallic looking, and it is shinier than yellow. His was just yellow that was little bit deeper than normal.

Anyways, Masta, that's why i siad he could have a hot pink one, i wasn't joking ;)

Green would look cool to me, and if anything, it would blend in, not clash.
Ok, his saber can be gold or yellow, it just depends on what you want to call it! :p
And yes your right the saber wouldn't clash, it would blend in :rolleyes:
 Stormtrooper
08-27-2001, 5:40 PM
LOL, Isn't yoda a bit to small to wield a light saber?:saberb: Maybe he'll use his force powers instead.:eyeraise:
 xwing guy
08-27-2001, 5:54 PM
And your a bit small for a stormtrooper.:D No Yoda actually has his own lightsaber and can fight with it. Like he really needs it.:D
 Tie Guy
08-27-2001, 6:59 PM
Yes, he probably does really need it, fighting only with the force against a lot of opponents would really take it out of you. You cam't use the force endlessly, as luke learned the hard way.

Anyways, his saber has a smaller handle, and i imagine it has a smaller blade as well.
 Kvan
08-27-2001, 7:45 PM
If you go here (http://www.swrpgnetwork.com/entry.php?id=588) is that really what Yoda's saber looks like?
 Master Yoda
08-27-2001, 8:18 PM
Possibly...

Not all Jedi have different color lightsabers, Luke and Obi Wan both had blue Lightsabers,(ya i know Luke wasnt a Jedi yet)but still there are only so many colors.The lightsaber Obi Wan gave to Luke used to be Vaders, I bet that is what he fought Obi Wan with when he got knocked into the lava pit which means both Obi Wan and Anakin had blue sabers. Leia and Luke both had green lightsabers at one point,Leia wasn't fully trained but she could still use the force to wield it.

I hope Yoda only uses one Lightsaber not two, 2 lightsabers would look really dumb with someone as small as Yoda using them.
 darthfergie
08-27-2001, 8:35 PM
Originally posted by Kvan
If you go here (http://www.swrpgnetwork.com/entry.php?id=588) is that really what Yoda's saber looks like?

I doubt it...I think it would be a bit strange and a bit convenient for it to look like Vader's that much...:saberr:

Have you seen the SW Tales comic that Shows Yoda and his lightsaber??? It is purple there...
 Kvan
08-28-2001, 1:49 AM
Originally posted by darthfergie

I doubt it...I think it would be a bit strange and a bit convenient for it to look like Vader's that much...:saberr:

Have you seen the SW Tales comic that Shows Yoda and his lightsaber??? It is purple there...
Yeah and the toy Mace Winda had a blue saber :rolleyes:
I don't think we are going to be able to tell what color his saber is going to be until we actually see it :)
 trade fed fred
08-28-2001, 6:53 AM
souds like it's gonna look like crouching tiger hidden dragon because they had a bunch of flying dudes with swords.
I wonder what color his lightsaber is gonna be.

:yoda: :saberg:
 JEDI_MASTA
08-28-2001, 8:56 AM
well since we cant even tell what color plo koons is (gold or yellow the eternal question:D) when we see yodas we will probably disagree on what color it is ....... the world may never know:eek:
 Tie Guy
08-28-2001, 2:44 PM
Well, yellow can be considered as gold, just as white could be considered silver. But green can really only be green, and blue can really only be blue, so i think it will be perfectly clear what color yodas saber is.
Page: 1 of 1