Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Error after installing patch :/

Page: 1 of 1
 vort3x
05-07-2002, 5:51 PM
Eversince I installed the patch I have been getting the error
CL_ParsePacketEntities - End of Message whenever connecting to any server :/
Could this be to do with the new patch? Or is it more likely to be to do with the recent outages at LINX?

Any thoughts would be appreciated :D
 OnlyOneCanoli
05-07-2002, 5:57 PM
Ugh, that's gotta suck. I haven't gotten around to playing it yet or looking at any of the tech problems (busy babysitting you guys ;)), but hopefully the guys in Tech help can figure it out.
 Infin8jest
05-07-2002, 7:41 PM
I'm having this problem as well. I read on an other forum that it had something to do with a cd crack, but I can assure you, I have no such crack and am getting this same error. I am hoping it is just that the servers are not patched yet and by tonight they will be. I wish JK2 multiplayer had a way to see what version each of the servers were running.
 lokel
05-07-2002, 8:08 PM
I'm having the same problem here! and the -wrong user inferface problem thingy! :(

I'm loosing my mind here. its 00:11 pm and I can't play.
my hands are shakin!
 Horns11
05-07-2002, 8:29 PM
Same problem. HELP!!!!
 JNO_Blues
05-07-2002, 9:44 PM
I'm having the exact same problem when I try to join servers or it just tells me that expected version message. This is horrible I like the new patch and all but it kind of sucks when you can't play the game because of installing a new patch =(
 Crusader
05-07-2002, 10:17 PM
The expected version 7, found 6 message means that you are using the patch (interface v7) and the server is not (interface v6).

The parsepacketentities error is I think a problem with patched 1.02c servers, it should disappear when they change to patched 1.03 servers.
 the_owl_rules
05-08-2002, 3:57 PM
ive only got the patch 1.02 but i had this problem also. download kazaa (if u dont have it) and search for 'jedi outcast - multiplayer fix.' download the file and ur troubles r over.

AND YES I DO OWN A REAL COPY OF THE GAME!!!
 vort3x
05-09-2002, 6:25 PM
Ever since the dns errors @ LINX have been fixed i no longer get the CL_ParsePacketEntities error \o/
It mustve been that which was causing it, well at least it works now :D
 twayney
05-10-2002, 10:17 AM
well, the error still occurs with me. i have 1.03 playing 1.03 servers. i get constant Entity errors. has nothing to do with LINX or the 1.02 servers IMO.
 DemonDreamN
05-10-2002, 7:58 PM
Yeah, they screwed the pooch on that one lame patch. I have experienced all of the above problems. Some of them were temporary and fixed themselves others i had to reinstall the game and that is what i just did because i was auto downloading assests2.pk3 most of time i tried to get in a mp game. But when I reinstall jk, the game doesnt load assets2.pk3!:mad:
Page: 1 of 1