Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

food/sleeep character

Page: 1 of 1
 Lord Helmet
05-06-2002, 12:52 AM
Does your character need to sleep or eat? or will they be able to be supermen....wil you be able to run resteraunts or bed and breakfast lol
 MikeC
05-06-2002, 2:21 AM
Welcome :cool:

We know that you will be able to run a resaraunt or cantina.

I know for sure there will be food in the game, but I don't recall anything off the top of my head as to exactly what food and sleep will do for you or how much they will be required.
 Wraith 8
05-06-2002, 5:26 AM
i thought that somewhere i read that you did need food... but i think it was in the FAQ.... some time ago i read the entire faq :D....
 Crazy_dog no.3
05-06-2002, 7:17 AM
In most RPGs food is used to heal.
 arguile
05-06-2002, 7:49 PM
from what ive read you wont really be required to eat, but doing so may give you some sort of stat boost. ive also read that if you eat too much or if you eat the wrong thing, your stats may actually go down temporarily.

i dunno anything aboot sleep though...
 Wraith 8
05-07-2002, 5:38 AM
welll i think the sleep takes place when your charachter is not being used :D... so when you are not playing.. your charachter will be sleeping ...
 qibbish
05-07-2002, 6:35 AM
Food, dancing, spice (i.e. drugs, but not glitterstrum) and certain skills will act as buffs (and debuffs) in this game. Beyond that though, you do not need to eat anything.
 Silver Quasar
05-24-2002, 12:33 AM
Buffs? Debuffs? What is the meaning of this?
 Gaalgoth
05-24-2002, 12:36 AM
Buffs temporarily raise your char's stats, debuffs temporarily drop them.
 Bobo Fart
06-22-2002, 4:11 PM
I was just reading the FULL FAQ all of it:D Your not the only one Wraith!

5.09 Does food serve any purpose in the game beyond simply satisfying a game-enforced simulation of reality (i.e. hunger)?

Yes, food is also capable of temporarily buffing (and lowering) each of the six attributes a character has.

That is DIRECTLLY out of the FAQ, but Mentioned sleep has not
 Gaelin Masek
06-22-2002, 10:30 PM
Sleep, no. Rest, if you want. Resting by just sitting or lying on furniture can help you heal faster.

If you needed sleep that would SUCK. Wasting have of my playing time sleeping... great.
 Ride
06-27-2002, 1:29 PM
Well, think about it. The hardcore Online RP'ers will probably play this game straight for 24 hours or something. So I think that if you do that, that you require about 10 minutes of atleast rest. If you are logged off for a certain amount of time, your health and all that should go up to full, and then you spawn at where ever you fell asleep.
 setsuko
06-27-2002, 7:33 PM
Again, a suggestion that is realistic, but at the cost of gameplay. It's the same reason why characters won't end up in jail, be tortured for extended time etc. It's realistic, in the SW universe, but it is hard to make it fun. When it comes to the battle between realism and gameplay, I root for gameplay. I want to play SWG, not EQ, where you could be sitting for a looong time to replenish mana and whatnot. In my world, sitting at the same spot in a game, doing nothing for more than a minute is not fun. Doing it for 10-15 minutes is downright boring.
Page: 1 of 1