Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Bombad & Demolition

Page: 1 of 1
 Raider
06-14-2000, 8:12 AM
Have LucasArts lost the plot. I remember when the Star Wars games were highly revered, no their becoming like the Star Trek games, just relying on the license. Ok so the Rebel Assualts weren't brilliant but they at least tried. There is really no reason for Bombad and demolition to exist. Okay, so Bambad is for fun which i'll give but Demolition tries to get by with some crap about Jabba setting up an arena.

Basically LucasArts are just doing it for the money.
 WeedSmoker
06-14-2000, 8:58 AM
Heaven forbid that a commercial gaming company try to make money!

No, they must use the holy, sacred, revered SW franchise to create objects worthy of worship by their loyal followers...

; L~

"the grass is always greener"
 Dave Maul
06-19-2000, 4:22 PM
Super Bombad Racing is supposed to be a Lucas Learning title, and is only distributed by LucasArts. It's a game designed for younger children, so it's not supposed to be a challenge. Although what racing in a little cart as Darth Maul can teach you, I don't know.

Demolition seems to be a venture into a new area. The closest they've done to a racing game so far is Episode I Racer, but that is not about smashing up vehicles. It's about speed and reflexes.
 Raider
06-22-2000, 9:45 AM
I'm just up to this point the games have had a basis in the timeline, both Bombad and Demolition are just ventures into making money.
 Kurgan
06-22-2000, 3:18 PM
Actually, every SW game ever released was designed to make money.

What's so wrong with that?

There are other examples of SW games released in the past that "weren't fit into the timeline."

Can you say, "Yoda Stories"? Star Wars Chess, anyone? There are tons of examples I could cite.

Why is it such a shock to learn that commercial companies are out to make a buck?

These guy's aren't subsistence farmers, they roll in the dough, and they get massive funding. At least LEC does. Sure some game companies are struggling, but they're in it for profit, not charity. They see a "need" (a want on the part of the consumers) and they fill it. Or they create a want using advertising.

SW isn't a church, it's a franchise. It's designed to make a profit. It feeds off of the fans love of the Star Wars name and characters. SW itself is about making money (and very successful at that). You think all the hype and merchandise was an accident?

Maybe you don't understand the capitalist system.. ?

Kurgan

[This message has been edited by Kurgan (edited June 22, 2000).]
 Dave Maul
06-22-2000, 7:11 PM
Just out of intrest, when do Jedi Knight and Mysteries of the Sith take place, according to the timeline?

------------------
http://www.thehellhole.com/pictures/3dpics/darthmaulprv.gif)
Dave Maul
 Pedro The Hutt
06-22-2000, 8:53 PM
Jedi Knight takes place 5 years after the Batlle of Endor.
And MOTS takes place 2 years after Jedi Knight.

------------------
No!
I am your father.
 BeastMaster
06-23-2000, 7:08 PM
Actually, the events of JK are spread out over several years (going by the graphic novels), but yeah most of it is after Endor.

------------------
"The Beasts know much that we do not." -Ancient Jedi proverb
 Dave Maul
06-23-2000, 7:14 PM
Thanks guys. That's cleared a few things up.

------------------
http://www.thehellhole.com/pictures/3dpics/darthmaulprv.gif)
Dave Maul
 Pedro The Hutt
06-23-2000, 7:59 PM
You're welcome.
If you've got another question, just ask.
(that's what a forum is for)
 Kurgan
06-23-2000, 11:37 PM
Pedro, just asking, but where did you get the info? The games themselves don't say (JK is just "after" the destruction of the death star and MOTS is just "several years" after JK).

I have the latter two Dark Forces books, is it in there and I just missed it?

And yes, it is likely the events take place over a long period, not just gametime (ie: about a week).

Kurgan
 Pedro The Hutt
06-24-2000, 9:54 PM
Well, I got the information (if I'm not mistaking) in an copy of PC ZONE (UK).
And don't ask me where they got there information. http://www.jediknight.net/mboard/wink.gif)
 Raider
06-26-2000, 12:20 PM
According to Behind the Magic JK takes place during the year after the Battle of Endor, while MotS is six years after that.

OK, I admit that Yoda Stories and Chess were also non-storyline games, it's just the influx of crap thats happening thanks to Ep1 thats getting on my nerves.

[This message has been edited by Raider (edited June 26, 2000).]
 Kurgan
06-26-2000, 7:29 PM
I see, so "Behind the Magic" sets the canon storyline for Jedi Knight and Mysteries of the Sith.

Thanks for clearing that up, as I don't have the source, I'll just have to take your word for it. ; )

Does it say when Dark Forces takes place? I know it begins as the Death Star plans are stolen (shortly before ANH), but where does it end? If you know...

Kurgan
Page: 1 of 1