Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Ra2 mission

Page: 1 of 1
 crazy_dog
08-25-2001, 11:09 AM
I'm stuck on the RA 2 Allied mission were you have to take over Washington DC. I'm playing it on "easy" but it's still hard. Can anyone help me out here.
 Tie Guy
08-25-2001, 11:40 AM
Three things

1: Be patient

2: Build ALOT of harvesters

3: Just keep building GIs, never stop. even when you are attacking. Then attack when you have about a hundred or so. Nothing can stop that. When you meet up with something heavy, just deploy them.
 xwing guy
08-25-2001, 12:05 PM
I build up about 12 or so grizzly tanks and about the same number of IFVs with GIs in them and put em' in two separte groups and wreak havoc and you might want two have a third group with a few IFVs with engineers in them so you can repair your veihcles and build prims towers all around your base and some patriot missles too b/c the soviets will use there V3s and a few harriers to take out the V3s.
 darthfergie
08-25-2001, 12:17 PM
IFVs+ChronoLegionair=unstopable combo

If the IFV is taken out just teleport the Chronos back to your base.:D
 Tie Guy
08-25-2001, 12:32 PM
Twleve grizzlies will get taken down like that. Your gonna need alot more to use that strategy. The IFV's are a good idea, but ultimately futile IMO.
 xwing guy
08-25-2001, 12:54 PM
No its not b/c I've done it a hundred times! And with engineers in IFVs you can repair your veihcles and make them last longer. It might not work for you Tie guy b/c I'm probably better using veichles than you are and you are probably better using infantry than I am.
 Paragon_Leon
08-25-2001, 1:08 PM
take it literally one step at the time.
don't rush down the streets. draw soldiers and then deploy your G.I.'s for maximum effect. Save your tanks until the last possible push.
 Tie Guy
08-25-2001, 2:26 PM
Oh, and try to get a spy into the Barracks and the War Factory. Use harriers to take out dogs around the area just before you get your spies in, works every time, and then you get automatic veterans. That really helps.

And, your right xwing, but i still think you need more than 12, do do tank rushes also, but it just isn't as effective IMO. I used to use tanks all the time, but then i saw how much more effective GIs are. Too each his own i guess.
 xwing guy
08-25-2001, 2:28 PM
Hey! this isn't wraith. Opps looks like I'm using an avatar like his.
 Tie Guy
08-25-2001, 2:39 PM
oops, sorry, i'll edit it, but you need to change your avatar.
 xwing guy
08-25-2001, 4:47 PM
Anyway when you use a veichle force like I do you have to go after critcal enemy structures like the con. yard, war factory, and barracks not the enemy units.
 Tie Guy
08-25-2001, 5:24 PM
What, then their units kill yours. You have to take out the enemy units and defenses first, then move on to the helpless buildings. The only exception would be tking out barracks or war factories so they can't put out units. Besides, that's what harriers are for.
 xwing guy
08-25-2001, 6:05 PM
No they don't all get killed what I do is take out some powerful defenses and units then move onto the war factorys, barracks, and con. yard, then I clean up all of the enemy. Its quite effective considering I usually use 12 or so prism tanks with back up grizzlys and IFVs and GIs. And the Soivets can't do nothing about it!
 Tie Guy
08-25-2001, 6:47 PM
how do you play early on in the game then, when tanks, and especially not prism tanks are able to be built?
 Darth_Rommel
08-25-2001, 6:48 PM
He doesn't play, simple as that ;) I always build a ton of infantry to support my tanks in RA1... both groups are better this way
:D
 darthfergie
08-25-2001, 7:53 PM
Originally posted by Darth_Rommel
He doesn't play, simple as that ;) I always build a ton of infantry to support my tanks in RA1... both groups are better this way
:D

RA1????:eek:
I forgot all about that game..."Cruiser";)

RA2...If you have a bunch of Islands then use the Aircraft Carriers...build up as many as possible then decimate their entire island
(p.s.- you may want 1 or 2 Aegis cruisers and about 6 to 10 dolphins no need for destroyers once you have aircraft carriers)
 xwing guy
08-25-2001, 7:56 PM
Early on in the game I use a bunch of grizzlys and IFVs and GIs
 Admiral Odin
08-25-2001, 8:38 PM
Take Jump Jet infintry. Harass soviet Harvesters.

Places GI's in buildings

Grab some harriers and spies. get the spies into the enemy base. Launch an air attack taking out the con and war factory. Launch the fighters then send a spie (already at the base) into a power planet.

Or take 3 Chrono legionares and erase their harvesters consantly.
 Tie Guy
08-25-2001, 10:59 PM
Yeah, i forgot about them. In like he first couple missions they are very good, but after that the soviets have alot of flak troopers and flak cannons, so they aren't nearly as effective.
 darthfergie
08-25-2001, 11:06 PM
hhhmmmm...
true...
I don't use them much anymore becaus eof their low HP. They are a good low-cost scout though. Thet is about the only thing I use them for these days. My Anti-Harvester weapon now is the Chronosphere or ChronoLegionair+IFV(expensive but worth it)
 xwing guy
08-25-2001, 11:19 PM
Or you can just build a bunch of prism tanks, grizzlys, IFVs, and GIs and totaly oblerate the soviets! HAHAHAHAHA!
 Admiral Odin
08-26-2001, 12:49 AM
I never did like prism tanks, seemed to week for their expense.
 Tie Guy
08-26-2001, 1:13 PM
Yeah, they were pretty expensive, and had low HP, but in big groups they are pretty good, and watch out when they get elite, they're deadly in groups.
 Admiral Odin
08-26-2001, 9:25 PM
Never saw that. I always felt that the grizzly battle tank was superior and cheaper. :D
 xwing guy
08-26-2001, 9:52 PM
Not even an apocalipse tank could stand up to a few elite prism tanks.
 Tie Guy
08-26-2001, 9:58 PM
WEll, not even 5 or 6 or more a-poc tanks could stand up to 100 DI, elite or not. Especially when they are deployed.
Page: 1 of 1