Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

How good are you?

Page: 1 of 1
 hannibalscipio
05-01-2002, 1:53 PM
I'm just wondering how good we all are, and how good the average player is. I'm a kinda high inter, myself.
 Paragon_Leon
05-01-2002, 4:53 PM
i'd consider myself a high intermediate...
pitch me against an expert and i'm having a hard time..
 Duke Straykker
05-01-2002, 6:14 PM
I would have to say inter at this point. Until I play another person wo regards themselves as a high rook, inter, and high inter, I dont really now how I match up....
 Rogue15
05-01-2002, 6:37 PM
I'm a good rookie...
 Crazy_dog no.3
05-01-2002, 7:06 PM
Me too.
 Compa_Mighty
05-01-2002, 7:30 PM
Me too.
 xwing guy
05-02-2002, 12:08 AM
I think I'm between a high intermediate and expert. I've beat Eets before so I'm pretty good.:D
 Wraith 8
05-02-2002, 4:45 AM
im a rookie...
 hannibalscipio
05-02-2002, 6:42 PM
Man, I wanna figure out how to beat Eets and XWG. Its not that they're that awful great, but they use a tactic that I have heretofore found indefensible; I can't tell you till after the tournament. That wouldn'y be fair. i typed it in, but then thought better of it. But its really good, and really annoying, cuz its apparently their only tactic.
 Slimmer
05-03-2002, 9:51 AM
High Inter is way of saying Expert, People don't like to say Expert cause its Conceited..... Honestly there are only about 2% of the players on here who are High Inter or Expert. Trust me when i beat people who host games with High Inter or Inter+ in less then 15minutes its kinda funny and fun :)
 JEDI_MASTA
05-03-2002, 1:15 PM
Dm skill=Xpert

Rm skill= rookie noobish piece of crap ROFL
 Wade Vox
05-03-2002, 1:41 PM
I'm a rook. On a good day I can beat the computer, but on a bad day...I go down like wanno.
I have beaten the campaigns though...thats about it, however.
 giantcorn
05-03-2002, 9:49 PM
i'm really good. one of the best out there for sure. very few can beat me. just ask around, and they'll all say "he's damn good!".

by the way, what game are we talking about?
 duder
05-03-2002, 9:52 PM
Frolicking with Giantcorn's mother, well at least thats what I had assumed.

:D
 Emperor Dan
05-03-2002, 10:23 PM
giantcorn IS good.

I'm not bad myself. Inter+
 hannibalscipio
05-04-2002, 6:14 PM
Good at DM= NOTHING

Good at RM= SOMETHING

A good inter is not an expert. Its the level under expert. I'm not an expert, but I'm pretty good.
 MAD_Attila
05-07-2002, 1:22 AM
I'm good on certain days.
 Crazy_dog no.3
05-07-2002, 4:40 AM
Me too. I'm crap on schooldays.
 Heavyarms
05-07-2002, 1:29 PM
I'm good, but I don't play often. I'd consider myself mid inter. I haven't played anyone in a while, though.
 giantcorn
05-08-2002, 1:14 PM
hehe (adds duder to hit list)

i agree with Slimmer that most players, myself included, don't like to call themselves experts. it sounds arrogant and if we play bad and get hammered, you come off looking like a boob.

i consider an expert to be among the top 10 players in the game. they can rush, rush defend, and boom with the best. there are lots of players who can play with the experts in one type of game (rushing or boom), but very few who can do everything.

off the top of my head, the only players that come to mind are AU_Arma, 11th_Fool, JK, Pompeii, Mame and a few others. i think you have to include MAD_Attila (fake_oakleys) because he's won 2 Spotlights in a row. now THAT is impressive.

ok, i know a few of you will say Fool is not an expert, but man, the guy has beaten me maybe 20 games in a row now. needless to say i took him off my Zone Friends list....(though he's taught me a lot)

for the record, i think i am a high-inter. i don't feel stupid joining a game with any player out there, and that is good enough for me.
 Fishflesh
05-08-2002, 2:01 PM
HIgh inter - Expert

But some times when i have no rush or when i am sleepi
i am Bad! :evil2:
 hannibalscipio
05-12-2002, 7:40 PM
Well, I guess I'm a high inter in most, but not all, categories. I'm still REALLY vulnerable to rushes.
 Treacherous Mercenary
05-12-2002, 8:08 PM
*Is in need of a decent biuld order...*
 wildheart73
05-12-2002, 9:06 PM
first time i played in the zone i kicked ass,this guy called me an expert.....but i dont know.......give me a try
 jeffdark
05-12-2002, 9:48 PM
Corn is the cream of the crop, or....cream of corn...or whatever.

I'm slowly becoming a high inter, NOT xpert, yet. i was inter, but now i think i can almost get to a high inter...kida...kinda like a Low-High inter :).

I just joined TS, and i found that im about as good as TS_Crab, if any of you ever play him.

i can reach tech 3 at (fastest i can do) 17 mins. i normally do 19.
 Treacherous Mercenary
05-12-2002, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by jeffdark
Corn is the cream of the crop, or....cream of corn...or whatever.

I'm slowly becoming a high inter, NOT xpert, yet. i was inter, but now i think i can almost get to a high inter...kida...kinda like a Low-High inter :).

I just joined TS, and i found that im about as good as TS_Crab, if any of you ever play him.

i can reach tech 3 at (fastest i can do) 17 mins. i normally do 19.

You look familiar.... Have I played you in the tourney?
 RequiesAeterna
05-13-2002, 12:34 PM
Heh, I'd add a new classification... good.

Good players are those who can do any strategy decently well, but sometimes have an off game every now and then... Experts almost NEVER have an off game...

This is for RM. DM and scenarios are a whole other monster.

I'd consider myself a good player. Of those who've posted who I've seen or played against, here's my breakdown:

Good Players:
Mad_Attila (never seen him enough to say expert)
Slimmer

High Inters (meaning they can boom - good for team games, might know some different strats also):
giantcorn

Inters (meaning ok at booming):
JEDI_MASTA

Low Inters (ummmm, not sure):
JeffDark (but that was only one game, so I'm not sure)

Haven't seen any of the others play, so I'm not sure how good they are.

Here's my list of good/expert players who still play this game who I've seen play quite a few times (not counting the ones I mention above):
SPQR_Pompei
SPQR_SAVAGE
SPQR_Incidious
_Xx_Kyp_xX_
_Xx_Loki_xX_
_Xx_Mame_xX_
_Xx_deadman_xX_
_Zen_Ninja_
Qwerty_Donkey
HOW_Benevolance
blue_myrddin
WGF_SlntHntr
_Sidious_JorT_
_11th_FOOL_
Crazy_Chewy
SweetSasyMalasy

If I missed somebody, it might be because I've never played you much, you haven't played in a while, or that I just forgot ;).

Notice, if you HAVEN'T played online before or don't know how well you stack vs. players, DO NOT get in a game with a group of these players. You will be wasting your and their time AND will piss them off.

First, play some TS or Mech guys (they're solidly inter).

Next, if you can beat them, play some LTR or JoRT members (High inter to good).

If you can beat them, then you're probably good enough to play with the aforementioned group. If not, get better before you try.

Req
 jeffdark
05-13-2002, 8:42 PM
low inter?! WHAT?! ILL KILL YOU! that's an insult. i am sure im not that crappy. i dont remeber playing you..

and yes, Sarda, i played you in the first round.

LTR Ganbdalf and that jort guy spared me because i was funny, so i advanced.
 RequiesAeterna
05-14-2002, 4:17 AM
Hmmm, well, no insult was intended. As I said it was only one game, and it was in the FFA tourny, so it's quite possible I'm misjudging you.

But you think that giantcorn is the cream of the crop while I categorize him as a high inter. Go figure. Also, there's nothing wrong with being a low inter. Heck I was there, too. EVERYONE was.

The thing is I call it like I see it. It's much easier on me than trying to come up with a nice way of saying people aren't that good. Also, it's just easier to improve, once you know where you are and where you want to get to. If you want to think you're a high inter, then go ahead by all means. But if you really AREN'T a high inter, you'll be only doing yourself harm.

By the way, I consider TS_Crab low inter-inter, so if you're about his level, then I'd say my estimate was about right.

Req
Page: 1 of 1