Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Can we do nothing...watch our games die :(

Page: 1 of 1
 VIO
04-29-2002, 6:32 PM
i have noticed that all the great games never get sequels. i have also noticed that much to our dismay us loyal gamers can do nothing about it all the longing in the world doesn't get game developers to make sequels. this must be fixed. i have thought of a solution, a group of gamers should get together and pay the origanal creators toi make sequels of the great games we long for in return part of the profit from the game whould go to this group. well what do you think a little far fetched but with the right people it could work
 Tall Guy
04-30-2002, 6:33 AM
You might want to have a look at this (http://gamespot.com/gamespot/features/all/remakes/042602/p2_01.html) article on gamespot
 Tellus12
05-02-2002, 4:01 PM
what a fab site, here we all go, proof on paper that people other than us lot care about these hidden gem kinda games, this might not get us anywhere but it's cool to find anyway.:)
 scabb
05-04-2002, 1:20 PM
I think that Grim Fandango has ended and ended well. Look at Monkey Island now - Nobody liked the 4th game, and the storyline was ruined, making the previous 2 games seem hollow (although CMI was still thorouhly enjoyable, it would have been better as an entirely original game with similar puzzles). I would prefer completely original work instead of a sequel to a story that has already ended.
 Tall Guy
05-16-2002, 12:09 PM
MI gets a sequal...and a sequal..and a sequal...so i recon GF should have one, it just aint fair!!!! please? just a little one? ;)
 King Andrei
05-21-2002, 11:10 AM
Sorry for repeating myself in a spamful way all over the forum, but

I WANT A GF SEQUEL!!! I DEMAND IT!!!! LUCASARTS BE WARNED!!! YOU'RE RUINING YOUR REPUTATION!!! WHY ARE YOU IGNORING EVERYONE WHO HAS ASKED ABOUT A THOUSAND HUNDRED TIMES!!!!!

WE WANT A GF SEQUEL!! NOW!!!!!!!!
 Xyco
05-21-2002, 11:35 AM
To scabb:
I think Monkey Island 4 is a great game... It's filled with humor and the graphics are better, but! I must admid, that I haven't tried anyone of the other Monkey Island games... Only seen them...
Most sequels ruins the previous games (or movies). Lucas Arts had Tim Schaffer in the GF crew. He has his own company (or something) now, BUT! IF they can get him in the GF2 crew, there would be a chance, that a GF2 could me made... But we all know, that they can't make a game as good as GF, so we probrobly would be diappointed...
But most good games gets sequels... Why not GF!?
 ZaXeriaw
05-21-2002, 2:18 PM
'Cause GF is a complete story. But there are still many questions. What happend to Sal after he died (again), What happend in the 9. underworld, why think Glottis this is the best if he lives his life in The Land of the Dead. And many more.
 Tall Guy
05-22-2002, 7:31 PM
agreed. we need answers. :D
 sam&maxballa629
06-08-2002, 10:24 PM
there are sequels to great games. like theres gonna be a full throttle2 and sam and max2. but i agree there should be something about the older games. id like to see a day of the tentacle sequel. *THE COW SAYS......MOO*:ewok:
 Cyphenx
06-09-2002, 2:33 AM
Day of the Tentacle was a hilarious game. It was one of the original adventure games that spawned the rest. I think that GF and DOTC both deserve a sequel.
 ElusiveSpoon
06-20-2002, 9:37 AM
Personally I would love to play another game that I could enjoy as much as GF, but I think it would be difficult to make a sequel. GF wraps itself up in a very good way, and I wouldn't want to rob Manny of his well deserved rest. The only way I could see a sequel happening is if it was Manny in his earlier years, when he was on top, before Dom, or if it was just about the LSA. Though I still think it would be difficult to do it well.

PS Day of the Tentacle is a sequel.
 sam&maxballa629
06-21-2002, 2:58 AM
i know its a sequel. but i didnt say sequel to maniac mansion now did i?

*DONT TOUCH THAT WE DONT KNOW WHERE YOUVE BEEN*
:manny:
 Isis Kaldara
06-28-2002, 5:30 AM
I agree GF is a completed game and all's well that ends well, but I'd still love to see more of it. I mean, it may have finished as far as the train going through, but something could still go wrong. What if the train crashed somewhere along the way? What if Meche and manny got separated after it? Who knows? As far as we know, the train went through. That doesn't mean it made it to the Ninth Underworld. I'd love to have a sequel. Lucasarts will never know how much we all would. I would be eternally grateful for more Manny, Meche, Glottis, and the others.
 GendoTheGreat
06-28-2002, 5:55 AM
Have you read MeddlingMonks GF novel yet Isis? If not you'd better download it, before he disembowels you. Trust me, you'll be eternally grateful. (For the novel, not the disembowelling. The disembowelling will hurt.)
 Isis Kaldara
06-28-2002, 7:04 AM
Well I would, hakuchi, but I don't know where to download it from. And why on earth would anyone disembowel someone for not reading their fanfiction?
 Tall Guy
06-28-2002, 7:09 AM
get the novel as well as some other fan fiction from here:

http://rustyanchor.grimfandango2.com/downloads.shtml)
 GendoTheGreat
06-28-2002, 7:13 AM
This was a joke. Mm-hm. Yes it was. I was attempting to suggest the urgent need of any self respecting GF fan(atic) to read it. This novel is here (http://glottis.grimfandango2.com/novel/gfnovelpdf.zip)
 GendoTheGreat
06-28-2002, 7:16 AM
Or follow his link. See if I care.:( I am not crying. I am not!
 Isis Kaldara
06-28-2002, 7:18 AM
Doomo Arigatoo Gozaimasu, tomodachi-san!

I shall read this as soon as possible.

"You can count on me!" ~Mihoshi
 GendoTheGreat
06-28-2002, 8:38 AM
Be sure to give Monk some feedback once you're done, I'm sure he'd appreciate it after all his work.
 Isis Kaldara
06-28-2002, 8:45 AM
No problem, neesan.
 GendoTheGreat
06-28-2002, 2:33 PM
Yes, and may you have a Nissan too. A Nissan for everyone!
Page: 1 of 1