Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Dumb Textures!!

Page: 1 of 1
 Master Shawn
04-28-2002, 2:18 AM
This JK2Radiant is freaking me out, I mapped for STV: EF, but this thing is wacked, I can only get the textures for EF to show in the menu, tried to change the directory of the base folder, but, to no avail, it woudnt work, so, I was wondering what I have to do to fix this stupid thing :deathii: :deathstar :deathii: :deathstar :atat:
"Boba Fett? WHERE!":fett:
 Manquesa
04-28-2002, 3:26 AM
Make sure that in your project settings under the "basepath" field, you're pointing it to "c:\*\*\gamedata\base". Accounting for whatever directory you have the game installed. If the basepath isn't set correctly then it won't matter where you point you're "texturepath" to. I had this problem yesterday (I just intalled JK2Radiant) and I couldn't get the textures to show, I kept playing with the "texturepath" settings to no avail, then finally I corrected the "basepath" settings and voila, it worked.

So basically, just make sure all your project settings are all pointed to JK2, and not EF. If you have EFRadiant installed (which i'm guessing you do), all the registry setting for both EFRadiant and JK2Radiant are shared. When you installed JK2Radiant it automatically set the project settings for EF, not JK2. That's what happened to me anyway and it sounds like what you're talking about.

Anyway, I hope that helped
 Master Shawn
04-28-2002, 6:10 PM
Cool, it worked, but now all I get are those stupid checkerboard squares. Can anyone tell me the correct texturepath, cause I cant exactly map with these stupid things :D :atat: :fett: :deathstar
 Master Shawn
04-28-2002, 7:09 PM
anyone know it or are you guys all just mapping with the squares :confused:
 Coyote399
04-28-2002, 7:31 PM
next to the xyz view, click the square w/ the yellow sparkle and go to linear

(i think this is what your asking about)
 Master Shawn
04-28-2002, 7:42 PM
That wasnt what I wanted, I cant see any textures, only little boxes that have the names of the textures above them, I cant exactly map with those
 Master Shawn
04-28-2002, 8:21 PM
:( :( :( :( :( Apparently noone knows :( You people should, you are making maps for crying out loud, can somone tell me the paths they use in the project settings and the JK2Radiant Preferences cause im tired of these stupid little checker squares!
 Coyote399
04-28-2002, 8:25 PM
uhhh.....have you tried going to textures up in the top bar deal and selecting one of the sets of textures??
 Master Shawn
04-28-2002, 8:30 PM
thats the first thing I did after I reloaded the program after changing the base path, I get thge list now, but, no textures, just stupid boxes, I cant understand how you ppl can map and not know which texture path your using!
 Cunnah
04-28-2002, 8:35 PM
ok two things either you don't have Gamedata\\ <-------yes theres two of them OR your editor is wacked as mine works fine

oops got the wrong part
 Master Shawn
04-28-2002, 8:45 PM
Can someone please FOR THE LOVE OF GOD go into their project settings, and copy and paste their directories. This will save time and its simple, if you cant do that, then theirs something wrong with you
 Master Shawn
04-28-2002, 9:14 PM
Ello, will anyopne do this, paleeeeeezzz, I am trying to make a duel map, I need those textures!
 Cunnah
04-28-2002, 9:31 PM
C:\PROGRA~1\LUCASA~1\STARWA~1\GAMEDATA\\base

happy?
 Master Shawn
04-28-2002, 9:55 PM
Ok, I REALLY HATE THIS THING, does anyone know how I can change this stupid pk3 file, it wont let me use the JK2 one, it keeps pointing the thing to the EF one and has disabled the text box.
 Lord Reye's
04-29-2002, 12:51 AM
I got checkers when i want textures plus i get a errors when i
compile. do i need EF or any tool? The pk3 my little brother
showed me you can make a copy of a pk3 say a skin empty it
put your bsp. in the pk3 and it works.

Put them in the cargo hold.:band:
 Vorax
04-29-2002, 11:17 AM
JK2Radiant includes a project file that you should load. Go to the file menu and load it. It has everything set properly. There is one for single player and multi-player I believe.

- Vorax
 chrispcarter
04-29-2002, 11:53 AM
and if that fails to work uninstall EFR/EF and JK2R and reinstall JK2R, then it should only detect JK2.
Page: 1 of 1