Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Some Noob questions!

Page: 1 of 1
 TalRasha
04-26-2002, 3:20 PM
1. How can i select the hole (all) map ...without selecting brush for brush!
2.How can i make a door or a Platform(that goes from one place to another)!
3.How can i make some settings for lights!(How can i change settings in entitys )
4.How can i put some Prefabs in my map?

thanks guys for your answers....

btw:BUG! when i start my map at first, all "good" Nbcs are atticking me...when i reload the map...they help me!!!!:fett:
 Phantomas
04-26-2002, 4:11 PM
to 1:
create a huge brush around your map and "select/inside" thats it.

to 4:
"load prefab" is an option in the topmenu, then import the map or pfb files you want.
 TalRasha
04-26-2002, 7:03 PM
thanks man, you help me a lot...but there are other questions...

btw: How can i make a window?
 Tantalus
04-27-2002, 3:12 AM
2. Make a brush to be your door. With it selected, right click in the editing window, and select func_door from the menu. Now, bring up the entities window (with the door still selected). And select the angle value using the keys at the bottom of the window (to select the direction the door will slide). So long as the door fitted to the doorway, that's all you have to do. Elevators can also be done with func_doors, using the lip value to set the height or distance it's supposed to go (don't forget to set the angle as well, so the game knows which direction to make the elevator go). You can also do an elevator using func_plat, though these are one way elevators (i.e. they'll go up when you walk onto them, but if you want down, you have to drop).
3)select your light and hit N. The available settings for lights will be listed in the middle of the window.

As for windows, look for a glass texture (there are some in common), and make your window. It will be transparent in the game if the thumbnail in the texture window has a white border around it.
 TalRasha
04-27-2002, 6:55 AM
thanks man
Page: 1 of 1