Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Help! Model adding.

Page: 1 of 1
 IRG_GhostBear74
04-26-2002, 2:25 AM
I am pretty new that this but can someone tell me how to add models like Xwing, Tie Fighter and Tydirian Shuttle into the map?

Do i have to extract the md3 files from the PK3 folder? If so where do i put it?
 Tantalus
04-26-2002, 2:50 AM
Yes, you have to extract the models from the pk3 file. All the models you want to use (as well as their associated textures) should be place in your JO directory under base/models in a directory that you create (best to name it the same as your level, and then only put in the models you plan to use). Once you've done that, make sure nothing is selected and right click, then select either misc_model or misc_model_breakable. A dialog box will then pop up asking you to select the model you want to use. Point it to the md3 file in question and hit Ok. An error dialog box will come up saying it can't open the file. Hit Ok and then select the misc_model (if it still isn't selected) and hit N to bring up the entities window. Then, under the value field for the model key, delete all the path info BEFORE the models directory - leave the rest. Then save your map and quit Radiant. Start Radiant again, load your map, and the model should load. Also, as a side note, all the models in the game start off flagged as no clipping (it means you'll walk through it). In order to be able to collide with the model, you'll need to outline it with brushes made with the physics_clip texture, which is found under system. Finally, just in case, I found that when I tried the misc_model, lighting didn't always occur correctly, but it did for misc_model_breakable (don't let the name fool you, by default you can't break these either).
 IRG_GhostBear74
04-27-2002, 12:46 PM
Page: 1 of 1