Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

can't compile? please help !

Page: 1 of 1
 technodrill
04-25-2002, 2:06 AM
I made a map with GtkRadiant and tried to compile it with JKRadiant. Right after I press the "bsp fullvis" option it says "completed. Run time was 0 hours, 0 minutes and 0 seconds".
When I try to compile the map "ctf_bespin" it works perfectly but I can't seem to compile mine.
What do I have to do to fix this?
 Dross
04-25-2002, 2:17 AM
I have the same problem, but I can't even compile the bespin ctf map. I noticed in the project settings some folder paths had two slashes.. removing those doens't fix the problem.. The dos prompt pops up so fast i can't see what the problem is. Hopefully someone has the solution?

Later

D
 SITHWARRIOR-SaF
04-25-2002, 3:05 PM
did you add textures and entities with jk2radiant cause if you used gtk radiants textures and entities it wont work diff texture resolution. and if entities dont work in jk2radiant try this fix for the entities path C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars JK II Jedi Outcast\GameData\Toolsmp_entities.def under project settings and if that doesnt work maybe you should reinstall everything to default dir or go buy the game cause entities dont work with nocdcracks. also use bsp fullvis to compile
 technodrill
04-26-2002, 12:42 AM
problem fixed
 Dross
04-27-2002, 2:55 AM
Anyone having trouble with compiling?

Figured it out!

The problem is spaces in folder names. See JK2Radiant makes the q3ebsp.bat, and trying to run it, it or Windows XP doesn't like the star wars jk ii outcast folder name. This is a peice of crap name for a folder anyway. Rename it to SWJK2. Or reinstall into there. I ran this batfile:

C:\PROGRA~1\LucasArts\SWJK2\GameData\Tools\\sof2ma p -bsp

C:\PROGRA~1\LucasArts\SWJK2\GameData\\base/maps/bla.map

C:\PROGRA~1\LucasArts\SWJK2\GameData\Tools\\sof2ma p -vis

C:\PROGRA~1\LucasArts\SWJK2\GameData\Tools\\sof2ma p -light

And it worked!

You need to make sure your installation matches mine. To make this batch file, make a new txt document, put this in and edit, save, then rename .bat

Later,

D
Page: 1 of 1