Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Question about voice files

Page: 1 of 1
 viktoria
04-23-2002, 3:13 PM
When I start on year 2 (in Rubacava), I have suddenly lost the speaking sound. I guess my CD is scratched or something and that the file with the sound is broken. I hope that I will get the sound back later in the game (I really miss Manny's voice).
Question: Does anyone know how much of the game each of those files covers?
If there were savegames uploaded somewhere, I would be able to check if the problem will persist throughout the game, in which case I will consider buying myself another copy of the game....

Any help would be appreciated.
 MeddlingMonk
04-23-2002, 3:47 PM
I assume you're seeing text on the screen in place of the spoken dialog. The game has three modes where dialog is concerned: voice only, text and voice, and text only. If you are seeing text you probably got switched to text only. You can press CTRL-T to toggle through the different modes (or do it in the options page). Let's verify whether or not you're in voice only mode or something else before anything else.
 viktoria
04-28-2002, 12:02 PM
Thanks for the tip, but that's not it. I have checked the options page several times. I have no voices, only the sound effects. No voices in cutscenes either. If I reload any earlier savegame, such as the arrival in Rubacava, the voices are back.
Page: 1 of 1