Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

New Voodoo drivers..

Page: 1 of 1
 Ten-Forward
08-23-2001, 9:22 PM
 Young David
08-24-2001, 7:31 AM
Great ... a couple o' days before I have my new computer with GeForce2 @ home ... (I do have voodoo3 now)
 Generalchang
08-24-2001, 9:47 AM
They actually got around to releasing new drivers!?
 crazy_dog
08-24-2001, 2:29 PM
Who deleted my posts? :mad:
 Darth_Rommel
08-24-2001, 2:34 PM
Well... you gotta admit... they looked supicously like:

http://www.spam.com/assets/hp/SusansTurkey.gif)
 crazy_dog
08-24-2001, 2:43 PM
Sorry, I just thought Zombie Car Drivers sounded funny.
 Darth_Rommel
08-24-2001, 2:45 PM
It doesn't bother me... but the mods hate it :D A voodoo is like a video card, right?
 Gen.Veers
08-24-2001, 2:52 PM
Voodoo is a Video Card. Hey, Young David how do you like the new Zelda coming out?
 Boba Rhett
08-24-2001, 3:03 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that he likes the very innovative idea they are using for the next Zelda. I just hope the idea doesn't backfire....

crazy_dog, perhaps you should check your PMs.
 Tie Guy
08-24-2001, 3:21 PM
Well, they've got like 8 months to work on that, seeing as it's not coming out till the 2nd quarter next year.
 Young David
08-24-2001, 3:28 PM
Originally posted by Boba Rhett
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that he likes the very innovative idea they are using for the next Zelda. I just hope the idea doesn't backfire....

Why you think that .. because I have the new Link in my avatar? ;)

When I first saw the video @ IGN I tought that was a cartoon movie ... I was wrong. I like the way how they render it ... I looks like Roger Rabbit/Space Jam (Cartoony) ... but it plays as the other Zelda's. It impressed me more than the Mario video.

Mesa like new Zelda :D
 Boba Rhett
08-24-2001, 3:36 PM
I may just switch over to hating Zelda altogether. I was soooooo excited about Zelda when that video showing Ganandorf and Link fighting and was really really really shocked when I saw he had been changed to a cartoon. I just don't know enough to decide wether I'm for or against it yet.

BTW, I was hearing people say that as Link ages, his world becomes more darker and realistic. Kindof like they way a childs image of the world changes as he gets older. If that's the case, then I'm all for it. :)
 Tie Guy
08-24-2001, 3:52 PM
Taht would be really stupid if you ask me. They've already done a traveling through time one to save the world from Ganondorf, they should find a new story. Not that i'm against Zelda, i liked "Ocarina of Time", and i think that "Link's Awakening DX" is the second best gameboy game of all time, next to mario tennis. But Majora's maks had that really stupid and annoying feature of going back every three days. It definately went downhill, i don't know what to expect from the new Zelda, but i won't get it anyways, so what does it matter to me.
 Boba Rhett
08-24-2001, 3:57 PM
I don't think you got what I was saying. What I meant was that when you start, everything looks cartoony and zelda is this flat little animation and the monsters look like cartoons but as he goes out into the world the evil and cold harsh reality of it all slowly starts transforming his world and him into more life like version until finally the game will look like what was shown at last years show. hopefully that how it goes. I don't want to play as a cartoon through the whole game.....
 Gen.Veers
08-24-2001, 4:07 PM
Never thought of that. In that case it might be cool, otherwise I wasn't sure what Nintendo was trying to pull of the bag this time. Hmm, that might be quite innovative with that idea.
Page: 1 of 1