Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

UDP ports in Win2k ICS firewall...

Page: 1 of 1
 Tempest261
04-20-2002, 5:27 PM
How can I open up the required UDP ports in the Win2k ICS firewall? I run JKII on a computer that connects to the Win2K machine for our DSL.

It's strange... RTCW, Q3A, and Q3A:TA all work great in finding internet servers... and they all share similar code with JKII for their engines. Raven needs to release a patch re-configuring the ports in JKII to the Q3A-engine defaults... until then, anyone have a solution for a Win2K ICS firewall? can I just TURN OFF the firewall, perchance?
 Mertado
04-21-2002, 2:53 AM
Any time you need to 'open' ports, it's called 'port forwarding'. You should be able to find out how in the Win32 help files. In my experience, you are better off disabling ICS if more than 1 person is playing via LAN connection. ICS royally screws up the network for MP games, so we make all our players shut it off.
Page: 1 of 1