Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Problems with scroll-wheel

Page: 1 of 1
 Evangelion
04-20-2002, 11:05 AM
I recently changed my keyboard & mouse from regular Mitsumi Keyboard and Logitech Wheelmouse to Logitech Cordless Desktop Optical. But now my scroll-wheel doesn't work anymore! With the old mouse I could change weapons with the scroll-wheel, but for some reason it doesn't work with the new wireless & optical mouse. It works everywhere else like it should, but not in JK2. I haven't yet tried it with other shooters (like Counterstrike), so I'm not sure that does it work there (I have a feeling that it wont work).

Any ideas what is the cause and how could I fix it? Thanks in advance.
 WhiteChedda
04-20-2002, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by Evangelion
I recently changed my keyboard & mouse from regular Mitsumi Keyboard and Logitech Wheelmouse to Logitech Cordless Desktop Optical. But now my scroll-wheel doesn't work anymore! With the old mouse I could change weapons with the scroll-wheel, but for some reason it doesn't work with the new wireless & optical mouse. It works everywhere else like it should, but not in JK2. I haven't yet tried it with other shooters (like Counterstrike), so I'm not sure that does it work there (I have a feeling that it wont work).

Any ideas what is the cause and how could I fix it? Thanks in advance.

Am I correct in assuming you installed drivers for your new mouse? If not, go find the CD that came with them or go here for the latest drivers [which may fix your problem even if you installed drivers off of a CD for it].

http://www.logitech.com/cf/support/mouselist.cfm)
 ICGALN
04-20-2002, 12:22 PM
I to have a wireless desktop from logitech and i too had the same problem, Good news theres a fix. Logitech have a patch for the wheel : http://www.logitech.com/cf/support/mousefiles.cfm)

But is designed for Win98 and Win95. even though it appears under win2000, i rang there tech support and they said that it should also work on 2000.

Anyway, at the site you want to select 98 and then download the latest mouseware if you dont already have it and then the MOUSE REGISTRY FILE FOR GAMERS.

Allow it to add to the registry when ran and then try it, if that dont work, try going into the mouseware and setting the wheels click to Middle button.

Hope this helps
 Mertado
04-21-2002, 4:12 AM
I used in under Win2k and it works fine.
Page: 1 of 1