Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Keyboard locking up problem

Page: 1 of 1
 IDM_Starfire
04-20-2002, 10:06 AM
Hi, I am having a problem with JK2 locking my keyboard. This means that the game plays on, I can move my mouse, the mouse buttons work, but the keyboard just keeps getting locked, so none of the keys work.

This invariably happens in a game. I have found that when I enter JK2, the menu seems to stutter badly every few seconds, especially when I am moving my mouse. My mouse also has a habit of jerking around on the screen, even when I am not using it. After about a minute, my keyboard will get locked, though everything else still works (though screen still jerks).

If I can enter a game before it locks my keyboard, I can play for between 10 minutes to 30 minutes before the computer sorta freezes for 1/2 a second, then everything is ok, ecept once again, I can't input anything on the keyboard.

This is on my wife's PC. On mine, everything works perfectly.

I really want to get this fixed soon, as this husband & wife lightside-jedi team wants to kick some darkside butt. :p

Anyone have any ideas why this is happening? Thanks.

My Wife's System:
P3 1GHz
GeForce2 GTS
128M SD-DRAM
Some generic no-name soundcard
Win ME

My System:
P4 1.8GHz
GeForce3 Ti200
512M SD-RAM
SB Live Value
Win ME
 IDM_Starfire
04-27-2002, 9:23 AM
Doesn't anyone have any clue why this is happening? It's driving me crazy.

By the way, in case anyone is wondering, mine is a legitimate copy. It's Starwars, after all. :)
Page: 1 of 1