Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Getting server to show up in the InGame Browser

Page: 1 of 1
 andywebs
04-19-2002, 6:41 PM
I can get my server up, and can see it if I select source: Local, and i can also add it manually to my favorites by putting in the IP. I would like it to show up in the inGame browser though.

I notice that when I look at it in the local it says [UDP] next to the name of my game. Why won't it show up in the main list??
 rivmin
04-19-2002, 11:04 PM
Please count how many servers u have as maximum, with all filters set accept everything.

I have approx 500-550 servers in the in-game-browser....and it will not increase from there, even if I delete the cache-file containing all the recieved server-info.

But...in an external game-browser, I can locate allmost 1000 JK2servers....I use 'The All Seeing Eye' game browser....and u will be able to spot your server from here.

This is a *very* strange limitation in the game...hopefully someone fill get a work-around of this bug soon.
 Devilzad
04-22-2002, 7:29 PM
Only dedicated servers (the downloaded one or the interactive one set to "Dedicated: Internet") will broadcast their presence to Raven and therefore the server browser (and Gamespy). Non-dedicated servers won't do this.
 andywebs
04-22-2002, 8:19 PM
It is a dedicated server, but thanks for the effort
Page: 1 of 1