Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

You know you're a Star Wars freak when. . .

Page: 1 of 1
 Mitth'raw'nuruodo
08-22-2001, 6:46 PM
You know you're a Star Wars freak when. . .
 Mitth'raw'nuruodo
08-22-2001, 7:10 PM
You say poodoo regularly.
 Tie Guy
08-22-2001, 7:43 PM
you spend countless hours on a message board talking about it. :D

You know the history so well that you could teach a class on it.

You have long debates about the non-existant technology
 FlyBOy
08-22-2001, 7:57 PM
haven't we had this discussion already:p :D
 Admiral Odin
08-22-2001, 8:09 PM
when you try and build a shield generator to protect your house against lasers

When you go to a car dealer ship and ask if they have the newest land speeder.

when you go to a hospital and ask for a 2-1B droid emdiatly.

when you say your late because your astromech droid wouldn't work

when you go outside with your stormtrooper armor on and blaster held at the ready.

when a teacher ask you a question you look towards to force to supply the answer.

when you cut your hand and try to use your mind to heal it.
 xwing guy
08-22-2001, 8:43 PM
And when you will talk freely about star wars to anybody. And you know there not SW freaks b/c they look at you funny. Thats happened to me lots of times.
 Admiral Odin
08-22-2001, 9:46 PM
lol
 Tie Guy
08-22-2001, 9:51 PM
Oh, and my personal favorite

When you spend hours at a time praticing your lightsaber skills with a stick and a "happy birthday balloon." :D
 darthfergie
08-22-2001, 9:54 PM
Originally posted by thrawn12786
You say poodoo regularly.

HEY!!! :p Why pick on me:D

You might be a Star Wars Freak when...everyone at school comes to you asking questions about Star Wars.

You might be a Star Wars Freak when...someone says something wrong about SW even if it is a trivial detail like how lightsabers work.

You might be a Star Wars Freak when...someone even mentions Star Wars and everyone turns their heads (in unison) towards you.

:D These are all from personal experiance :D
 Boba Rhett
08-22-2001, 9:59 PM
:eek: I'm worried about you....

1. You lose yourself in day dreams that are about the Star Wars Universe.

2. You've ever read the Thrawn Trilogy and SotE in under a week.

3. You regularly insert Star Wars frazes into your everday speech and your friends have come to expect it and be shocked and appaled when you don't.

4. One of your favorite long car ride activities is replacing key words in Star Wars frazes with the word pant's. We once did this for 3 hours. :o

5. Regularly have lightsaber battles with your siblings.
 crazy_dog
08-23-2001, 4:11 AM
Calm down people, SW is only a collection of movies, games, books and comics. Apart from that weird thing that observer 200 mentioned, Star Wars doesn't exist, at liest so far... if anyone wants me to start a thread about realistic Star Wars I'll stat one. Thank you for your co-operation :D .
 Paragon_Leon
08-23-2001, 9:52 AM
...get up to Ewan McGregor greeting him with 'May the Force be with you', only to be slammed as 'not quite there' once he's interviewed on it. (watched it in a documentary and laughed quite hard when he mentioned it)
 Havoc Stryphe
08-23-2001, 10:00 AM
You know you are a Star Wars Freak when....

10. After yelling at your kids you state "Your Mother is not as forgiving as I am"

9. You smack your car stereo as the display blinks in and out as you state "she'll hold togethor...hear me baby? hold togethor"

8. Every time you ask anybody for help you end the request with "...your my only hope"

7. Somehow every time a flashlight ends up in your hands you're suddenly making lightsaber sounds and humms while violently swinging the flashlight around to the horror of your wife.

6. You make your friends refer to you as Darth [your name here]

5. You've ever wired a car battery, wires and tin foil to your arms and hands in an attempt to shoot "Force lightning" from your fingers.

4. You think the Star Wars Holiday Special was great (Especially seak psychiatric help if this applies to you;) )

3. Your children are named after Star Wars Characters!

2. You spend countless hours debating professors, friends and family on the innermost technical workings of the Star Wars universe technologies!

And the Number 1 reason you know you are a Star Wars Freak is...

1. At the dinner table, on a constant basis, you refuse to ask for the salt and pepper to be passed to you, but rather try "Force pulling" them to you while outstretching you arm and fingers and closing you eyes (Even When company is over for dinner!) All the time hoping this time the force will really work! (again to the Horror of your wife!)

By the way, all of these are actual things I've done or do (With the exception of the Kids names...I don't have any kids yet, but when I do...;) Oh, and yelling at the kids(that's true, they are my nephew and niece though!)
 Rogue15
08-23-2001, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by crazy_dog
Calm down people, SW is only a collection of movies, games, books and comics. Apart from that weird thing that observer 200 mentioned, Star Wars doesn't exist, at liest so far... if anyone wants me to start a thread about realistic Star Wars I'll stat one. Thank you for your co-operation :D .

Let me kill you.
 Admiral Odin
08-23-2001, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Havoc Stryphe
You know you are a Star Wars Freak when...

7. Somehow every time a flashlight ends up in your hands you're suddenly making lightsaber sounds and humms while violently swinging the flashlight around to the horror of your wife.

Is there something wrong with this?
 JEDI_MASTA
08-23-2001, 12:09 PM
apparently crazy_dog is not a star wars freak
 Gamma732
08-23-2001, 12:12 PM
You know your a Star Wars freak when...you're being chased down a corridor in the Death Star by a group of Stormtroopers and you try to defend yourself with your trusty lightsabre...only to realize that you've been hallucinating again, and you've somehow ended up in the middle of the street in front of your house with your neighbor's dog chasing you.
 Admiral Odin
08-23-2001, 2:08 PM
...when a tellamarketer calls your house and when you hang up you mumble rebel scum.
 Master Yoda
08-23-2001, 4:05 PM
Calm down people, SW is only a collection of movies, games, books and comics. Apart from that weird thing that observer 200 mentioned, Star Wars doesn't exist, at liest so far... if anyone wants me to start a thread about realistic Star Wars I'll stat one. Thank you for your co-operation .

All Star Wars freaks must attack crazy_dog..(throws lightsaber at him with the Force, and uses the Force to send stuff flying at him.)
 xwing guy
08-23-2001, 5:32 PM
No lets turn him into a SW freak instead.(waves around hand) You will be a star wars freak.
 darthfergie
08-23-2001, 5:42 PM
FIRE ALL FORWARD BATTERIES!!!!!!!!!!!
YOU ARE PART OF THE REAL UNIVERSE AND A TRAITOR TAKE HIM AWAY!!!
REBEL SCUM!!!!!
LITTLE PIECE OF POODOO!!!!!
...oops I might just be a Star Wars Freak...:D
 Lord JayVizIon
08-23-2001, 10:10 PM
....when your girlfriend says she'll try to go out with you one night, and you bust out to her saying, "do or do not, there is no try"...LOLtry
 crazy_dog
08-24-2001, 1:11 PM
Noooooo... I am dying... Aaarrrrgh! Stupid Force Choke. Nooooo... Vader doesn't exist... aaarrrgh!!!!!

:vadar:- I find your lack of faith disturbing.
 Young David
08-24-2001, 2:38 PM
When your classmates call you C-3PO ... (well ... they dу ... I'm a pretty good 3PO imposter)

"Hello sir, I am see threepio human-cyborg relations"

Oh ... and having a life size Amidala in your bedroom ... does that count too? (I have it)
 Boba Rhett
08-24-2001, 2:52 PM
Err... I hope your talking about the cardboard type. :D

I've got mace and Maul staring at me while I sleep.
 Mitth'raw'nuruodo
08-24-2001, 4:59 PM
You beg your mom to make you a Darth Vader costume for Haloween. :vadar:
 darthfergie
08-24-2001, 5:10 PM
You spend years making a Vader costume...(SW Insider)
 Admiral Odin
08-24-2001, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by thrawn12786
You beg your mom to make you a Darth Vader costume for Haloween. :vadar:

So I shouldn't do this?
 Boba Rhett
08-25-2001, 1:11 AM
Bah, just do like I did and make it yourself. :D
 JEDI_MASTA
08-25-2001, 9:04 AM
ouch dog that force choke .............ouch :eek:
Page: 1 of 1