Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Vader vs. Maul

Page: 1 of 2
 Darth Maul Jr.
08-20-2001, 11:52 AM
I always wondered who would win in a fight between Darth Vader and Darth Maul...they're both cool and got cool powers. Vader seems to have more powers and is probably a more advanced Sith than Maul, but Maul knows a bunch of Kung-Fu moves that would probably give Vader a hard time. The good thing that VAder has going for him is that he managed to nail a Queen!:D How many guys can brag about that? I dont think Maul ever pulled that off, but then we dont know for sure do we. I decided to make a comparison between VAder and Maul..

ACCOMPLISHMENT DARTH VADER DARTH MAUL
* Bagged a Queen Yes No
* Kicked a Jedi's ass Yes Yes
* Got his ass kicked by a Jedi No Yes
* Beat his kids ass Yes No

WINNER: DARTH VADER

Making this i thought of making a comparison between Ray Park the guy that played Darth Maul (My Hero) and Ray Parker Jr.

ACCOMPLISHMENT RAY PARK RAY PARKER JR.
* Starred in high grossin Yes No
films
* Teenagers know who he is Yes No
* Adults remeber him Yes No
* Cast of Ghostbusters Yes No
remember him

WINNER: RAY PARK

----:D
 Darth Maul Jr.
08-20-2001, 11:53 AM
THAT POST CAME OUT LOOKING GOOFY...SORRY ALL
 Paragon_Leon
08-20-2001, 12:54 PM
goofy or not, you forgot that Vader got his ass kicked by a Jedi (Luke) as well in RotJ. Now think about whether or not Maul would be better than Luke in that final frantic fight in Jedi; i think he would, so I'd say Maul would win..
 Tie Guy
08-20-2001, 3:44 PM
It is very hard to fight a double-bladed lightasber bearing sith with only one person. You really need two to prtect each other. So i think Maul would him, especially since he is more agile.
 Kvan
08-20-2001, 4:02 PM
I think it depends on the age of the person. Maul was at his peak, so if Maul fought OT Vader then Maul would win. But if Maul fought episode 3 Vader...well I don't know who would win since we haven't seen epi.3 Vader fight. I would probably give it to epi. 3 Vader though, since he is the "chosen one". :)
 observer_20000
08-20-2001, 4:16 PM
Ok, Vader was one of the most powerful Sith ever, where as Maul was your average Sith. Vader vs Maul, is like an SSD vs ISD, the SSD would obviously win, as would Vader.
 Kvan
08-20-2001, 4:26 PM
Originally posted by observer_20000
Ok, Vader was one of the most powerful Sith ever, where as Maul was your average Sith. Vader vs Maul, is like an SSD vs ISD, the SSD would obviously win, as would Vader.
Then why did Luke kick Vaders butt? I think it was because he was getting old and being eaten away by the Darkside. Maybe if Vader was at his peak he would win, but he wasn't, so he wouldn't :p Thats just my take on the battle. :)
 observer_20000
08-20-2001, 4:28 PM
Originally posted by Kvan

Then why did Luke kick Vaders butt? I think it was because he was getting old and being eaten away by the Darkside. Maybe if Vader was at his peak he would win, but he wasn't, so he wouldn't :p Thats just my take on the battle. :)

No, it's because Luke wa Vader's son, and was just as powerful, or at least had as much potential.
 Darth_Rommel
08-20-2001, 4:28 PM
How old was Vader during the ROTJ battle?
 observer_20000
08-20-2001, 4:29 PM
Originally posted by Darth_Rommel
How old was Vader during the ROTJ battle?

Well he was 9 in episode I, and that's about 35 years before ep 6, so he was about 44.
 Darth_Rommel
08-20-2001, 4:34 PM
He's not as old as I thought he would be...

p.s. Thanks for the info observer ;)
 Master Yoda
08-20-2001, 4:39 PM
Dont forget that Vader wasnt trying to kill Luke he was trying to turn him to the Dark Side. So I think that Maul at his peak VS Vader at his peak = Vader Winnner
 Boba Rhett
08-20-2001, 4:41 PM
Everyone of you saying Vader wouldn't whipe the floor with Maul is forgetting that Vader did kinda hunt down and kill pretty much all the Jedi in the Universe...... Maul wouldn't stand a chance.
 Darth_Rommel
08-20-2001, 4:43 PM
Yeah... Maul may be athletic, and quicker, and more agile... but he doesn't have the control of the force Vader does :vadar:= winner!
 Master Yoda
08-20-2001, 4:44 PM
Ya, Maul couldnt even take out an Jedi who was getting old and slow and a young not fully trained Jedi.
 Tie Guy
08-20-2001, 5:13 PM
Actually, he did defeat Qui-Gon, and he defeated Obi-Wan too. Then he just got careless and didn't go ahead and kill obi-wan and he payed the price.
 Boba Rhett
08-20-2001, 5:50 PM
So..... he defeated him yet he was killed. Interesting point of veiw. :rolleyes: Obi defeated Maul.
 Darth_Rommel
08-20-2001, 5:52 PM
And Vader defeated :ben: ;)
 Paragon_Leon
08-20-2001, 5:55 PM
well, that's also from a certain point of view.
first of all, remember Obi saying: 'You can't win' ?
Then he ALLOWED Vader to strike him. Hardly a defeat in my book.
 Master Yoda
08-20-2001, 5:57 PM
I agree, But Maul(at his peak) still would not have been able to beat Vader when he was at his peak. Did Maul kill nearly all of the Jedi? No. But Vader was able to.
 Darth_Rommel
08-20-2001, 5:57 PM
But even if he had kept fighting, Vader would have defeated him eventually... Obi was alot older

p.s. It is by my book ;) , What book do you read anyways Leon? :p
 observer_20000
08-20-2001, 6:00 PM
Originally posted by Paragon_Leon
well, that's also from a certain point of view.
first of all, remember Obi saying: 'You can't win' ?
Then he ALLOWED Vader to strike him. Hardly a defeat in my book.

Is he forgetting that Vader is the one that killed about 99.9% of the Jedi, all by himself, I doubt Maul would be capable of that task.
 Tie Guy
08-20-2001, 6:10 PM
yes, people have said that.....repeatedly.

Anyways, Vader didn't do it all by himslef. They had alot of Dark Jedi and of course the Emperor.
 Darth_Rommel
08-20-2001, 6:15 PM
I thought it was just him and Palpy :confused:
 Master Yoda
08-20-2001, 6:16 PM
If they had alot of Dark Jedi then how come you only see Vader and the Emperor in the movies and not any other Dark Jedi?
 Kvan
08-20-2001, 6:25 PM
Yeah, I think it was just vader and the emp. that killed all the Jedi. We have seen nothing in the movie that suggests otherwise :)
 Tie Guy
08-20-2001, 6:34 PM
They killed all the dark jedi afterwards, so there would be no contest to their power.
 Master Yoda
08-20-2001, 6:38 PM
If they killed off the Dark Jedi so fast then the Dark Jedi must not have been very powerful and wouldnt have been alot of help in destroying the Jedi.
 Tie Guy
08-20-2001, 7:06 PM
It's coz they stabbed them in the back if ya know what i mean. They didn't ahve to fight the dark jedi.
 Master Yoda
08-20-2001, 7:08 PM
Vader at his peak could still have defeated Maul at his peak.
 darthfergie
08-20-2001, 7:48 PM
Okay Maul would have been soo overconfident. Anikan could have defeated him at about 15 years old.(midiclorians) Maul was defeated by a Padawan(Obi-One was still a padawan at the time) He was way to overconfident and let his gaurd down. Luke would have beaten Maul when he lost to Vader at Bespin. Maul was good, but was too weak for the massive midiclorians of the Skywalkers.
 Tie Guy
08-20-2001, 7:55 PM
Luke couldn't have beaten Maul when he was at Bespin. Maul has a double bladed lightsaber. He could just block one of Lukes attacks and then slice him in two with the other side. Luke wasn't even as good as ObiWan was he he was at Bespin. A fully trained Sith would slauhter him. Like Vader would have if he didn't want to convert him.
 darthfergie
08-20-2001, 8:01 PM
Originally posted by Tie Guy
Luke couldn't have beaten Maul when he was at Bespin. Maul has a double bladed lightsaber. He could just block one of Lukes attacks and then slice him in two with the other side. Luke wasn't even as good as ObiWan was he he was at Bespin. A fully trained Sith would slauhter him. Like Vader would have if he didn't want to convert him.

Remeber you don't have to be fully trained to use the force. Luke has so much midiclorians it just didn't matter how untrained in the force he was he was still able to beat down Vade in the final confruntation. The said he was a Jedi Knight...my foot. Most Jedis like Obi-One work all of their born days to get the title of Jedi Knight. Luke was at least as good or better than Obi-ONe was at Bespin simply because of an unfair advatage of midiclorian count.
 Mitth'raw'nuruodo
08-20-2001, 8:03 PM
I think that Vader would win. Maul is no match for the Skywalkers, even if they aren't as acrobatic as him. Vader was able to use the Force alot better than Maul. I'm sure Vader or Luke fully trained, could beat Maul fully trained. Has anyone read the NJO series, cause I bet Anakin Solo in that could beat Maul. :)
 Tie Guy
08-20-2001, 8:20 PM
Midiclorians aren't everything. When look was on tatooine he couldn't even stop a few tuskan raiders. Training has nearly everything to do with it. Of course, some show more talent than others, but without proper training, that doesn't matter.
 Darth Maul Jr.
08-20-2001, 9:21 PM
When i refer to "kick their ass" i kinda mean kill, and since Luke didnt go ahead and kill Darth Vader then he didnt "kick his ass" as "kick his ass" is used in the rest of the paragraph. Plus we never really got to see Maul's full potential.... He probably coulda killed all the other Jedi as Vader did. Dont forget it was prolly Darth Maul that helped Palaptine get as far as he did. So its hard to make a good descision, but since Vader is in all the movies and they portray little anakin as the next Galahad then nobody wants to hear about Maul but in my opinion Maul woulda either whooped VAders ass royally or woulda beat him within an inch of his damn life.:p
 observer_20000
08-20-2001, 9:22 PM
yes, people have said that.....repeatedly.

Anyways, Vader didn't do it all by himslef. They had alot of Dark Jedi and of course the Emperor.

Please list the canon, and/or official source(s) in which this is stated.
 observer_20000
08-20-2001, 9:23 PM
They killed all the dark jedi afterwards, so there would be no contest to their power.

Another unsupported claim, how surprising.
 observer_20000
08-20-2001, 9:25 PM
Originally posted by darthfergie
Okay Maul would have been soo overconfident. Anikan could have defeated him at about 15 years old.(midiclorians) Maul was defeated by a Padawan(Obi-One was still a padawan at the time) He was way to overconfident and let his gaurd down. Luke would have beaten Maul when he lost to Vader at Bespin. Maul was good, but was too weak for the massive midiclorians of the Skywalkers.

No I think Maul would have beaten Bespin Luke, remember there he had the potential, but hadn't been fully trained yet.
 observer_20000
08-20-2001, 9:28 PM
Midiclorians aren't everything. When look was on tatooine he couldn't even stop a few tuskan raiders. Training has nearly everything to do with it. Of course, some show more talent than others, but without proper training, that doesn't matter.

I think the way Midichlorians work is that the more you have, the more potential in the force you have, you can have all the midi chlorians you want, but if you don't know how to use them, you're nothing special.
 Boba Rhett
08-20-2001, 9:35 PM
Next time just combine all of those. :eek:

Tie, what other Sith would there be to go kill the jedi? Besides, it had been just a master and an apprentice for a long time before even Epsiode 1.
 Darth Maul Jr.
08-20-2001, 9:39 PM
DARTH MAUL IS THE BEST JEDI EVER!!! LALALALA...I CANT HEAR YOU....LALALALALA!!!!!!:rolleyes:
 darthfergie
08-20-2001, 11:37 PM

Yoda did give Luke training. He was able to focus enough energy from the force to outsmart his father for a while. Maul is a tiny fraction of Vader. Luke was more powerful than you would thin thanks to today's graphics the Jedi look more spectacular in Ep. I and thus give Maul an unfair advantage for looks.(face it, it wasn't good acting because he said close to 3 lines the whole time [ you may say " well acting doesn't mean the words you say just how you play the character.:p ]) Just because he built a double lightsaber doesn't mean that Maul is super powerful. No it means he had time o his hands...and the will to risk that kind of fighting. Luke didn't have the time or the will to make a double lightsaber. You can't deny Luke his glory. He is the strogest Jedi yet.
 Boba Fat
08-21-2001, 3:11 AM
Luke is the strongest jedi we KNOW of! By the way are we forrgetting that both Maul :darth: :maul: and Vader :vadar: are both DEAD! jeez they would bothlose cause they are both dead!

Boba Fat :fett:
 Master Yoda
08-21-2001, 8:48 PM
Actually Kyp Durron is more powerful than Luke. But Luke is much better at using the Force so that makes up for the midiclorian count thing.
 Compa_Mighty
08-21-2001, 8:51 PM
VADER ALL THE WAY!!!
 observer_20000
08-21-2001, 9:01 PM
Originally posted by Master Yoda
Actually Kyp Durron is more powerful than Luke. But Luke is much better at using the Force so that makes up for the midiclorian count thing.

Elaborate.:D :D :D
 Master Yoda
08-21-2001, 10:13 PM
In the Jedi Academy book series Luke found something that could tell if somebody could use the Force. Well according to it Kyp Durron was more powerful than Luke, but since Luke is MUCH more expeirianced(sp) and knows how to use the Force better than Kyp, he is still more powerful in a way.
 observer_20000
08-22-2001, 5:09 AM
Originally posted by Master Yoda
In the Jedi Academy book series Luke found something that could tell if somebody could use the Force. Well according to it Kyp Durron was more powerful than Luke, but since Luke is MUCH more expeirianced(sp) and knows how to use the Force better than Kyp, he is still more powerful in a way.

Hmmm, interesting, did any other force users come close to Luke, or Kyp?
 crazy_dog
08-22-2001, 7:37 AM
Of course Vader's going to win.
:vadar: - I am controlling your mind Crazy Dog. You will do as I say.
:eek: - VADER WILL WIN, VADER WILL WIN...
Page: 1 of 2