Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Seventh and Final Trade Fed Scenario

Page: 1 of 1
 Messier75
11-28-2001, 12:11 PM
Has anyone completed the "Bonus" scenario in the Trade Federation campaign yet?

It's a great recreation of the final field battle between the TF and the Gunguns from Episode 1 only this time Anakin doesn't take out the orbiting ship and the TF armies stay active. You have to take out the entire Gungun army and then destroy the Monument at the opposite side of the map.

You start out with a horde of Hvy Destroyer Driods, Heavy Mechs, Repeater Troopers, Heavy Transports, Hvy Troopers, Strike Mechs, everything but air support...all lined up like they were at the start of the battle in the movie.

You have a little bit of time to organize but then wave after wave after wave of Gunguns attack. Troopers, artillery, heavy transports, all backed up by Faambaa shield generators. The fighting is so fast and furious, it's almost too much to keep up with. After you plow through a bunch of them, Darth Maul shows up to help.

I'm stuck though. The Gungun army is made up of 3 parts, a small part, a medium part and a large part. I am able to get through the first 2 parts ok, but the Gunguns attack in such numbers that my army is damaged and there is no way to repair them. You don't have a command center, you start with 0 resources and there aren't any to collect. I get to the river and I get cut to shreds because I'm so weakened. I know I'm not the best strategist by any means but I've gotten through the first 6 scenarios without much problem so I'm not that bad. I want to do all the campaigns in order so I don't want to move on to the Gunguns until I've completed the Trade Fed.

Anyone out there have any suggestions on handling huge battles or the Gunguns?

Thanks in advance. This is truly a remarkably fun and engrossing game and this site is a wonderful place to get sucked even deeper into it's world.

Great job to the creators of the game and the founders of this site!
 RogueJedi86
11-28-2001, 12:39 PM
I may be heralded as a lamer for this.....but try using 'simonsays' just once. He'll be able to kill the incoming forces while your regroup your legion. make to put him on defensive aggression or he'll just chase them all to the death. And you can proceed and beat it with codes so don't worry. Oh and I'll give you some help when I get to it(I couldn't beat it either).
 Datoupee
11-28-2001, 3:44 PM
I beat this scenario with no problems. The trick is to keep your guys in one area and let them come to you. Only rush 2 fast people to get them to chase you back to where your troops are.

When you first start out...all you have to do is move a little bit down the map....then all the Gungans will come to you.

Once you are down to the building have you troops take out the bomber Gungans then have your ships wipe out the non attacking shield generators and building. Darth Maul is good for killing the final gungans.
 Messier75
11-29-2001, 9:24 AM
Thanks Datoupee,

I tried out your strategy last night and it worked like a charm. Anyone else who is having problems with this scenario should use your advice.

Don't be aggressive, bring your toops together, give them the Stand Ground attack stance, then draw the Gunguns in one group at a time by sending a few fast troops down to get the Gungun's attention and then run back to your main group. The Gunguns will follow and you'll take them out group by group. Then destroy the monument and the campaign is complete.

On to the Gungun campaign!

Thanks again Dat!
 Datoupee
11-29-2001, 9:13 PM
No Problem......How are you doing on the Gungan Levels... I am stuck on level 3 now.
 Messier75
11-30-2001, 11:52 AM
I'm actually on the same scenario. I only played it once but got pretty far. I waited too long to attack the stronghold so I didn't win but I realize the flaw in my strategy.

Spoiler alert:

At the start use your "draw them in" technique. You pool your initial army and wait for the enemy to take out your sentry post, you can move up your artillery to pick off a few of mounted troopers while they attack the sentry post. Then use your grenade troopers to take out their troops and their mechs. Once you fend off their attack up there, they will try to come at you from the south, so move your army down there and knock them back. Keep the army to the south since the enemy will send a trooper every so often to harrass you. You'll dispatch them quick enough, especially once you build your army.

As soon as you are done with the initial attacks send Marcelle to that village to the E-SE of your Village (I think it should be a blue dot on your map). Once you arrive they will become an ally and you'll get controll of their 2 seaports and a small fleet.

You can also get the Bursas on your side if you scout to the south of your village and help them out. They aren't worth much but an ally is an ally.

Gather resources, build up your village and advance to Tech 4 ASAP.

Use your subs and scout out their base, just be careful that you don't show yourself or else the turrents will get you.

Build a bunch of cruisers to take out the stronghold's turrents, destroyers and frigates to counter their navy and raid baby raid. Pummels and artillery will make quick work of the buildings (I think)

I don't believe air is a part of the scenario so you don't have to worry about building any A/A ships or troopers.

My mistake was waiting too long to send Marcelle to the village with the seaports so I didn't build up my navy enough before the enemy did. Live and learn.

I'm going to give it a go tonight and I'll let you know how I do.
Page: 1 of 1