Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Computer freezes after exiting

Page: 1 of 1
 eneisch
11-27-2001, 1:29 PM
Game seems to run fine while playing....but....when I hit either the "exit" or "x" button when trying to exit the game back to windows my computer stops responding with about half the desktop drawn. After waiting a few minutes I can press ctrl-alt-del and find that explorer is no longer responding. I can end the task, and the computer starts responding although some task tray programs that I need are no longer running. I tried disabling all startup programs using msconfig, but I still have the same problem when exiting.

My computer specs are as follows:

Dell 866Mhz,
60 GB HD
256 MB Ram
Nvidia TNT2 64 video card (latest drivers from Nvidia)
SB Live Value sound card
32X CD Rom
Windows ME
Internet Explorer 6
Direct X 8.1 (all tests run sucessfully)

Anyone have any thoughts? I have asked Lucas Arts, but have not had a reply yet.

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing, but same problem continues.....
 eneisch
11-27-2001, 9:53 PM
After much messing around, I found that going back to IE 5.5 SP2 from IE 6 fixed the problem.

Has anyone heard of IE 6 causing problems? I would think that would make everyone using Windows XP have problems - but what do I know?
 EndSub
11-28-2001, 8:54 AM
I use XP and I havn't had any problems :)
Page: 1 of 1