Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Video sound problems

Page: 1 of 1
 Wakizashi
04-04-2002, 7:14 PM
Hi.

I'm writing this for my friend who cannot access the 'net atm so details are a bit fuzzy, but I'll try my best to describe the problem.

No sounds play during videos - no speech, music or any sound whatsoever. That effectively makes gameplay impossible as he is constantly 'dropped out' of the plot.

He's using a celeron 300mhz with 160mb ram and a sb16 sound card. Operating system is windows 98 and he is using the most recent version of creative's drivers.

We'd appreciate any help, thanks in advance.
 Huz
04-04-2002, 7:28 PM
Tell him to get the patch from here:

http://support.lucasarts.com/patches/grim.htm)

Then, even if this doesn't fix the sound issue, he can activate subtitles within cutscenes by hitting CTRL+T.
 MeddlingMonk
04-05-2002, 12:55 AM
Uh, are you sure that's really an SB16 soundcard because that's pretty ancient. The rest of the machine isn't the latest thing, either; still, you don't find Model-T radiators in Darts. Whatever. I assume your friend is getting sound during gameplay?
Page: 1 of 1