Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Star Wars Episode 0??

Page: 1 of 1
 Darth Maul Jr.
08-19-2001, 11:06 AM
Dont know about you guys but watching Episode I i got more confused than i did watching the others. They talk about the Mystery of the Sith. I thought they would have explained all that in Episode I. What about midichlorians..they only hint on those also. In my opinion everything should have been clearly explained in episode I, where Jedi's came from, where Sith came from, where midichlorians came from. The movie left me with more questions than i had before i saw it. Are they gonna make a movie that takes place before Episode I to explain all this? An episode 0 maybe..hehe.. Maybe Episode II will be one big flashback to explain everything..i know this is off the subject of SWGB, but i just thought i'd pose this topic. :D
 Kvan
08-19-2001, 11:07 AM
They might explain some of it, but it looks like your gonna have to turn to the EU for the rest! :(
 Tie Guy
08-19-2001, 11:26 AM
I think that Epsiode II and III do alot of explaining as far as the jedi and the sith, probably in the form of yoda or someone explaining, not a flashback. There is a book before Episode I, it is about Chancellor Volorum and Palpitine.
 Kvan
08-19-2001, 1:57 PM
Originally posted by Tie Guy
I think that Epsiode II and III do alot of explaining as far as the jedi and the sith, probably in the form of yoda or someone explaining, not a flashback. There is a book before Episode I, it is about Chancellor Volorum and Palpitine.
You HOPE that Epi 2 and 3 will explain the Sith, but it might not. Did any of the original trilogy exlain the Sith? No. So the prequals might not either.
 Sherack Nhar
08-19-2001, 3:31 PM
*turns on the TV*

...and stay tuned for the next episode of...
FORCE MOVE TOPIC!!
featuring your host, Sherack Nhar!
 madperm
08-19-2001, 3:34 PM
I think episode two and tree should do some explaining but i am more looking forward to seeing the clone wars...

and btw, has anyone seen the Episode two trailer they have flying around? It does'nt look very real :p
 Boba Rhett
08-19-2001, 3:54 PM
You need to think of Episode 1 as the first chapter of a book. "Which it kind of is" Does the first chapter tell you everything? No, it doesn't.

And madperm, you'd be surprized how many people out there have reported it as real. :rolleyes: It's been out for months now and people are still mixing it up for the real thing.
 Master Yoda
08-19-2001, 4:40 PM
The Sith were supposedly killed off like 4000 years before Ep. 1, I hope they explain it some more. The reason they didnt explain it in the origanal trilogy is because all the jedi of old except Yoda and Obi Wan were dead(Not counting Palpatine and Vader) and Obi Wan was killed a little over half way through New Hope. Yoda was so busy trying to train Luke in the ways of the Force that he didnt bother teaching him history, since it wouldnt help him defeat Vader and The Emperor.
 Young David
08-19-2001, 4:50 PM
The magic of the original trilogy was that it did not tell the whole story. In ep4 ... you had no clue about who the empire was, the senate, the rebel alliance. You were just thrown right into the Galactic Civil War ...

Now that's the magic .. the feeling that there's more than just those few movies ... that it is ... something bigger. It makes you hungry for more. (this is where the merchendise comes in ...)
 Master Yoda
08-19-2001, 6:19 PM
lol that is when Lucas gets somemore money... Though the org. trigoly was well worth every last penny, Ep. 1 was pretty good but not quite as believable, and Ep. 2( I refuse to use Attack of the Clones) looks like its going to be not up to par for us SW fans.(though we will all go watch it in the Theater when it comes out and well buy it anyway.);)
 Boba Rhett
08-19-2001, 7:35 PM
*takes a drink of water*

*clears throught*

What the heck are you talking about?! Episode two is shaping up to be just as good as any of the original movies and it my even surpass them! Just because the name's not to great doesn't mean the movie's going to suck. "Don't judge a book by it's cover." ;)
 Master Yoda
08-19-2001, 7:43 PM
I suppose u could be right but look at Anikan in Ep. 2 hes got brown hair!!!!!!Ep. 1 he's got blond!
 Boba Rhett
08-19-2001, 7:56 PM
There's not to much of a difference between the hair colors. "Little" Anakins hair is bleached blonde by the sun. :D
And there's the little fact that the're played by two different people. ;)
 Master Yoda
08-19-2001, 8:03 PM
I can see that they would have to be played by 2 different people but they could atleast have died(sp?) his hair blond or something.
 Tie Guy
08-19-2001, 8:25 PM
It could happen. When i was young my hair was as close to white as it could be while still being blonde. Now it is a darker blonde. Besides, what does it really matter anyways.
 Master Yoda
08-19-2001, 8:46 PM
Luke is blond. I realize that even with both parents with brown hair he could still be blond but its a just would flow together better if Anikan had blond hair in Ep. 2
 Sherack Nhar
08-20-2001, 10:20 AM
Uhhh... does Anakin's hair being brown will impact the quality of the movie in any way??

AotC looks to be much more mature than TPM, and that's a good thing for me: political intrigue, all-out war with the clones, and a badass Jedi duo of Kenobi and Anakin. And rumour has it that Yoda gets a fight! That ALONE warrants the price of admission :D
 Boba Rhett
08-20-2001, 10:57 AM
Not only does he fight, he totally kicks ARSE!! But I suppose we'll all get into that if anyone happens to make an Episode II spoiler post.... ;)
 Tie Guy
08-20-2001, 2:52 PM
I guess he is so short that his opponents have a hard time seeing him. Then he can sneak up and cut off their legs :D

Anyway, i really want to see yoda fight, i just can't seem to get a mental grasp on the idea. i have no idea what it will look like.
 Kvan
08-20-2001, 2:57 PM
Originally posted by Tie Guy
I guess he is so short that his opponents have a hard time seeing him. Then he can sneak up and cut off their legs :D

Anyway, i really want to see yoda fight, i just can't seem to get a mental grasp on the idea. i have no idea what it will look like.
I'm one of those people that hope Yoda doesn't fight! He is a passive Jedi Master! If he is going to fight have him fight defensively. And I hope he doesn't get a saber!
 Boba Rhett
08-20-2001, 3:36 PM
Yoda does have a saber but he will be fighting to save a certain pair of Jedi from a certain evil dude. :D
 Darth_Rommel
08-20-2001, 3:41 PM
But he's sooo short ... hows he gonna defeat some tall Sith? Maybe he'll leviatate ;)
 Young David
08-20-2001, 4:05 PM
Judge him by his size you do?

Yoda is a Jedi Master. He's the second most powerfull Jedi around. Really ... I'd like to see him fight.
 Tie Guy
08-20-2001, 4:15 PM
Yeah, but just try to imagine having a saber battle with a guy the size of your 3 year old sister. It just doesn't seem like it would work to me, but it obviously does. Maybe he fights another midget dark jedi :D
 dvader07
08-20-2001, 4:22 PM
Regardless of if Yoda fights or not, he will have a saber. All jedi have a saber. If I remember correctly, it is one of hte last rights to becoming a full fledged jedi, you must create your own saber. Secondly, of course he will only fight defensively, all jedi only fight defensively, Yoda makes that very clear when training Luke in the original trilogy. Only the dark jedi use their powers offensively.

I also don't understand what everyones problem with the title for Episode II is. Star Wars titles have always been more obvious than abstract. Think of "Empire Strikes Back," oh there is an abstract title. The titles always refer to exactly what is going on in the movie (the one exception to this might be The "Phantom Menace") and this is exactly what Attack of the Clones does. Episode II is supposed to get deep into the Clone Wars, and thus clones will be attacking.

Someone mentioned wanting to see a spoiler, TFN was asked to remove theres, but the have a link to this one. I read it and it seems pretty good. Of course it remains to be seen how close it is to the real story, but if it is close, Ep2 looks like it is going to be an action packed movie. Here is the link.

Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones complete plot spoiler (http://www.theforce.net/virtualedition/episode-ii/index.html)

hope you all enjoy it.
 Paragon_Leon
08-20-2001, 4:22 PM
no, remember, it's not just saber-fighting.
think of what Vader did to Luke in Cloud City; he Force moved object and really defeated him that way. (after that, it only took a few blows).

I'm thinking we'll see a different kind of fight than the one you're all thinking of.
 Kvan
08-20-2001, 4:24 PM
Originally posted by Boba Rhett
Yoda does have a saber but he will be fighting to save a certain pair of Jedi from a certain evil dude. :D
Oh, yeah....:( I never knew if that was really going to happen or if it was a rumor. I really wish he didn't have a saber (or two) :(
 Master Yoda
08-20-2001, 5:15 PM
I think it would be neat if Yoda carried one in Ep.2, But I dont think they should have him use it. They should have him use the Force to fight with.( I know jedi use the Force when they use their lightsabers.)
Page: 1 of 1