Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

We are ALL "newbies"

Page: 1 of 1
 obijonkenobi
04-04-2002, 10:09 AM
I hear alot of people saying how they like to help out the newbies. This is bloody funny! The game is only out for a week and even the people who bought the game on the first day are still new to the game!

WE ARE ALL NEWBIES AS THE MOST EXPERIENCED OF US HAS ONLY PLAYED FOR SEVEN DAYS!

Of course the term "newbie" has lost its meaning as people call anyone who isn't as good as them a newbie. Which is out of context as people used to say I was a newbie as an insult in Diablo II even though I had played the game for well over a year and a half. But that is going a bit off track.

The main point... what was it... ah yes there it is.

A newbie by definition is someone new to the game right? So again I say this. We are ALL newbies.

And lastly I would like to say that the very word is a rather silly thing to say. Along with L33T and weird computer-nerd lingo like that. (flame ahead but I am proud I type with real english, not some weird letter-number combination)

P.S. About people's spelling and grammar. Alot of people who speak english outside of the USA (like myself) use REAL english. Not that "American English". I have seen a few people given some flames about how they spelt things differant from the "american" spelling. Like "colour".

JRR Tolkein said once (and I quote): "American english is essentially english after it has been washed over with a dirty sponge". (That should get a few yankees flaming me with hate mail!)
 BrainStorm
04-04-2002, 10:55 AM
As filled with flame bait as this post was....

What does it have to do with clan recruiting? Smells like swamp material to me.

it j00r wuz hard 2 avoid d |337 .... nevermind. I aint got no time for this no how.
 JaG|Kaiser
04-04-2002, 12:10 PM
Uh oh. The Queen Mother died, now everyone is in a tizzy.
 obijonkenobi
04-04-2002, 12:13 PM
Actually it was accidently posted in the wrong forum. I had the clan and strategy forums up and I was (and still am) rather tired and didn't notice until after I had clicked on the submit button.

Also I wrote this mainly to get a reaction and see what kind of flames I get back. I find them amusing when people who are less-then-witty attempt insults. eg: "newbie!" or "12 year old!" or "your momma!" I still don't know why people say that last one as an insult.

Sample 1
Me: You are an idiot
Other guy: Your momma!

Sample 2
Me: Hello mate
Other guy: Your momma!

It really makes no sense and yes, I have heard people saying that "insult" to things similar to the second sample. (Not as exagerated however)
 JaG|Kaiser
04-04-2002, 3:29 PM
And remember kids, don't feed the trolls.
 HeavenAndEarth
04-05-2002, 6:51 AM
:D haha
Page: 1 of 1