Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Mutliplayer Errors - CL_ParseEntities?

Page: 1 of 1
 Aesalon
04-02-2002, 7:33 PM
I'm getting constantly dropped from servers because of a CL_ParseEntities error and another similar error. Illegal message errors too. What's going on?!
 RedPanda
04-02-2002, 8:06 PM
If you just copied the folder over from someone elses computer this can happen. I would suggest reinstalling correctly.
 theWARchicken
04-02-2002, 8:08 PM
there are a lot of threads on this in the Tech forum. Just reinstall into the default folder. DO NOT change the directory that it isntalls to. Just do the automatic install. It worked for me.
 Scrobes
04-02-2002, 8:48 PM
Don't use a no-CD hack either.
 GRIMLOCK
04-02-2002, 10:10 PM
yeah, no CD cracks opn MP in JK2 :/
it no like them
i personally hate popping this disk in, that disk out so thats my excuse :p
but thats the only thing i've personaly seen to give that error thus far
 Zagadka
04-02-2002, 10:21 PM
Actually, though I'm sure Raven already knows this, there is a new crack floating around that bypasses the MP protection.

Why do I know this?

Because after installing Nero, my computer decided that I didn't REALLY have a CD-RW and DVD drive sitting there.

So yes, it works. It does so by running the normal .exe via a launcher file.
 leelink
04-02-2002, 11:41 PM
That was my problem. I selected the directory to install into and then I uninstalled and installed it into the default directory and it worked fine.
 Canusa
04-03-2002, 4:33 AM
I reinstalled using the automatic install to the default directory (previously I was in a designated directory on a different drive).

Unfortunately, this did not solve the problem. I'm still getting dropped from single and multiplayer games with the CL_parsepacketentities error.

Very frustrating.

I'm not using any hacks such as the NO_CD hack either. Nothing seems to get rid of this problem.
Page: 1 of 1