Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Here's a poll for thought: which would you rather have, GF2 or a GF movie?

Page: 1 of 1
 Nax
04-02-2002, 3:47 AM
GF2 would be made with the original team, and full budget backing with moderate spotlight from LucasArts to try to foster the indie appeal.

The GF movie would be a project by lucasfilm after finishing the prequels and DVDs. It would be done by a fresh young recruited director with a sturdy head on his shoulders.

The subject matter and placing of the game and film are up to you. Which would you rather have?

Nax
 Metallus
04-02-2002, 4:24 AM
I'm in favor of a movie :).
 MeddlingMonk
04-02-2002, 1:51 PM
I want a life-sized, inflatable Meche doll.
 Tall Guy
04-05-2002, 10:27 PM
what the hell...crack open the popcorn!
 Tellus12
04-09-2002, 3:48 PM
the film would have to be digitally animated i take it, a live version would be pretty terrible and who the hell would play Glottis?
this is a tough one but id go for the film, if based on the game highly, a prequel would be fab but that would have to end sometime as well giving us talky time until we get to where we are now, wanting another, it's a bit like pringles from a certain point of veiw.
 Yoha
04-12-2002, 2:31 PM
Originally posted by Tellus12
...who the hell would play Glottis?...

One word: Muppet. :D
 Zaarin
04-21-2002, 10:27 PM
A movie would be great. It should also be quite easy to make, look at all the CG movies coming out nowadays.

However, I'm not saying that I wouldn't want another game...
 Arkie
04-21-2002, 10:57 PM
Odd that this idea should show up the day I found this site. Me and my friend were talking yesterday how cool it would be to have a movie. I think a computer generated movie would be awesome but would still have to have those same types of characters because it adds to the Mexican tales. But... A new game would also be extremely cool but I wonder what the story line would be about... Hmm...
 sine
04-27-2002, 7:40 AM
I think the Grim Fandango universe should just be left alone. IMO Grim Fandango is by far the best game ever made, it is the only game that I would consider art (even though the end is pretty cheesey, but the rest makes up for it). I think making a movie or a sequel would ruin it.
 spoon_man
04-27-2002, 12:05 PM
I'm in favor of a movie I hate sequels and GF is tied off so perfectly. For a movie they'd have to update the plot, it's waaaay to predictible. Btw Marlon Brando would be a great Glottis.
 GBMSSE
04-27-2002, 9:28 PM
Hi, I'm new here and I agree with what sine said kind of, it can almost be described as art since it it has a great storyline, great graphics, great music...it should go down in the history of Games forever! A film/sequal would most likely spoil this, all loose ends have been tied up by the end and continuing the story would drag this on too long...maybe if It showed someone else going through the four year journey it would work, but I think Manny's story has come to an end now...
 Tall Guy
04-28-2002, 9:26 AM
well the poll is lookin even at the moment...10 a piece :)
 GBMSSE
04-28-2002, 1:15 PM
I voted for GF2, although I'm still unsure whether anything else should be made at all...in some ways I think it should be continued since it was so great and I want MORE but in other ways it may ruin the storyline and then be open for loads of future sequals...I guess it's not up to us anyway...
 VIO
04-29-2002, 6:21 PM
i would love a new game but people tend to ruin games with sequels, it would have to be done right with they same look as the first
also a movie would be cool if it was done cg and had the origanal voices from the game cg would give it a look much like the game sort ofa long cutscene
Page: 1 of 1