Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

cl_parsepacketentity error

Page: 1 of 1
 SwampFox
03-31-2002, 6:38 PM
i go into a multiplayer game, and about 1-2 minutes later i get an error reading cl_parse packet entity and the game goes back to the menu screen. so...umm...wtf do i do? :(
 HeavyWacko
03-31-2002, 8:08 PM
I`m getting the exact same thing!
Installed the game an hour ago, got it to work finally after downing the latest detonator (28.32), everything works as a charme, but after a few minutes *KLABAAAAMM* back to the menu with the yellow window saying the error: cl_parsepacket entity

I`ll try turning of the glextensions now..
If anyone knows how to fix this, PLS do tell!

HeavyWacko
 leekej
03-31-2002, 9:59 PM
I'm getting the exact same error message you guys are getting too! After a couple of minutes the game exits back to the main menu and I get that message. I emailed LucasArts tech support but it will probably be some time before they reply. This is the only computer on my lan that is having this trouble. If anyone knows of a solution please post it!
 zkid
03-31-2002, 10:10 PM
Bump
 leelink
03-31-2002, 10:34 PM
I haved fixed my error, I did a complete reinstall of the game and now it works perfectly. all I did was reinstall the game. I didnt change any drivers. I did change one thing. I installed using the automatic install instead of the custom install. I dont see why this would have an effect on it. anyhow. here is some info about my system

asus a7v
amd 1.4 ghz
soundblaster live 5.1
radeon 32mb ddr
western digital 30 gig harddrive
windows xp
plexwriter cd 16/10/40a
linksys 10/100 lnetx100 i think
(internet connection)
I use a linksys wireless bridge that then connects to a linksys 4 port dsl/cable router and out the cable pipe i go. I am using port forwarding but not on the pc I am playing on. I was receiving my error on local and internet servers. once i reinstalled the game using the defaults it worked fine. if you try this and it works or doesnt work please post here. dont forget to include your specs.
Page: 1 of 1