Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Hunkmegs tweak for sp?

Page: 1 of 1
 EggMan
03-29-2002, 7:10 PM
Hey all, quick question.

I read the hunkmegs tweak that Gawen Crow posted on the JK2.net homepage. :)
I was able to find and modify the jk2mpconfig.cfg for multi but I couldn't find the hunkmegs entry in the jk2config.cfg for the single player game. Do I need to add a hunkmegs entry to the .cfg file for sp?

I really want to be able to do this because my machine has 2 GB RAM and I'd like to jack up the default number to see if it makes a big difference.

Thanks for any help/info you can pass along. :amidala:
 JangoFett21
03-29-2002, 8:05 PM
Yeah, copy the line from your jk2mpconfig and paste it after the max fps in the single player config.. i have 256mb of ram and it greatly imrpoved my performance in loading and in general. Good luck!
 emorog
03-29-2002, 8:18 PM
hunkmegs will NOT make the game run faster. It will only make it run slower by eating up MORE RAM.

Additionally, SP does not even USE a hunk system or the hunkmegs cvar, so copying that into the config file will not do anything. it'll have just as much effect as adding "com_favoritefood spam". :)

in MP, setting it higher will just make the game allocate that much more ram. the more ram it allocates, the less there is for the system to use! the only reason EVER to increase this number is if you get a hunkalloc failure. aamof, setting it as low as possible will actually improve performance, but i don't recommend that as it has the chance of failing.
 EggMan
03-29-2002, 8:30 PM
Thanks for the input Jango and emorog.

LOL - Yo emorog, as far as your statement goes "you guys will believe anything" I was just going off the information provided to me on the JK2.net homepage! :p
 JangoFett21
03-29-2002, 8:33 PM
well, changing that setting did have some effect on my loading times. and they appeared to speed up.. so i'm not sure what to say on that. until raven comments, i'm going to assume that it helped.
 HRH
03-30-2002, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Jangofett21
well, changing that setting did have some effect on my loading times. and they appeared to speed up.. so i'm not sure what to say on that. until raven comments, i'm going to assume that it helped.

Emorog *IS* from Raven......
Page: 1 of 1